Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    His game could of course unravel today. It wouldn’t be the first time. I am more interested in seeing how his body looks today and how he’s walking and moving around the golf course. I think that will be more telling to the possibility if he can compete this year. He showed yesterday he can still hit golf shots and he still had the hands and upper body strength. He was flying some of his drives 300+ yards with 180 mph ball speed. It will be chilly when he tees off this morning (mid 40s) and the ball likely won’t be traveling as far. We will see if he looks stiff. I will say yesterday he appeared to be walking better. Still noticeably gingerly at times but a lot better than how he looked last year.
    I dunno, guys. TW finished birdie-birdie-birdie after walking the entire course. We'll se how day two goes. I am hopeful.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I dunno, guys. TW finished birdie-birdie-birdie after walking the entire course. We'll se how day two goes. I am hopeful.
    I have faith too.

Early scores seem to indicate Friday will be tough. Tiger is +1 thru 7

Tiger goes out in 36. Even on the back 9 (teed off on 10). Missed two or three birdie putts within 10 feet. He’s -2 for the tournament thru 27 holes which is T25 and 6 shots off the lead held by Keith Mitchell.

In case anyone is wondering, Keith Mitchell is leading at -10 thru 16, Morwikawa is at -8 thru 12 and Homna tees off around 3:30 and he's at -7. I mean I don't really care about a guy that started the day at 27th went even par and is sitting at 24th.

You mean, there are players other than Tiger who are playing? Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    In case anyone is wondering, Keith Mitchell is leading at -10 thru 16, Morwikawa is at -8 thru 12 and Homna tees off around 3:30 and he's at -7. I mean I don't really care about a guy that started the day at 27th went even par and is sitting at 24th.
    Are Morwikawa and Homna related to Morikawa and Homa?

I am more interested in the leaders and personably pulling for Morikawa and McIlroy. I also don’t like extraneous coverage of Tiger. It drove me crazy when he had fallen back in the pack and the networks would still give him so much airtime.

But he almost died a few years ago at the tourney and few thought he would ever play professional golf again. I am very interested in how his body holds up.

Tiger haters may be triggered and want to go watch tiddlywinks or show choir or glee club or something else tomorrow. He is working the weekend.

Tiger Woods made the cut.

In his 3rd round, Tiger tees off on 10 and goes out in 34. Clean scorecard with 2 birdies and 7 stress free pars. He’s -2 on the day and -1 for the tournament. More importantly, he’s played 45 holes of golf in this tournament and is walking fine by my naked eye’s judgment. I think he may win another golf tournament one day on the PGA Tour.

In his 3rd round, Tiger tees off on 10 and goes out in 34. Clean scorecard with 2 birdies and 7 stress free pars. He’s -2 on the day and -1 for the tournament. More importantly, he’s played 45 holes of golf in this tournament and is walking fine by my naked eye’s judgment. I think he may win another golf tournament one day on the PGA Tour.
    Maybe on the Champions Tour. No way on the PGA. Or if he plays Puerto Rico, etc. which he is not going to do.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Maybe on the Champions Tour. No way on the PGA. Or if he plays Puerto Rico, etc. which he is not going to do.
    Almost made albatross on 1 just now. Phil won the 2021 PGA Championship at Kiawah! We shall see!

Tiger cards a -4, 67 today and walked around the course seemingly unaffected by soreness and stiffness. If anyone had questions how his body is holding up, he surely answered those today. An excellent round of golf put together by him today. An eagle, 3 birdies, and one bogey sprinkled in with 13 mostly stress free pars. He currently sits at -3 overall heading into the final round.

Tiger is accelerating into the weekend, and looking more mobile and more comfortable than he has all week.

That was decidedly *not* the case in the two events he made the cut in last year.

Considering very few people even thought he’d be teeing it up this week, this is incredible!

Three more tour players to LIV, just announced. Thomas Pieters (world number 34), Danny Lee (WR north of 200), and Sebastian Munoz (#96) are joining.

I don't know if it has been discussed before, but apparently Marc Leishman announced a few months ago? He is number 92 in the World Golf Ratings. By report, Leishman got $30 million Aussie to sign on, and also got a 25% stake in the "Punch GC franchise" (don't know what that is worth or even what it is).
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Pretty satisfying week of golf for Tiger. Finished all 72 holes and made the cut and shot -1 for the tournament. Rounds of:

69 74 67 73

For the journey he’s been on the last couple years, I’d say he’s over the steep uphill climb it’s proved to be. He may finally be nearing the summit. The prospects of his future certainly look better after this weekend than they did before the weekend. The question now will be how does his body respond this week and does he want one additional tune up of tournament golf at The Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass in three weeks to gear up for The Masters in 7 weeks at Augusta National GC. It sure was good to see him play 72 holes of golf once again in a PGA Tour event.

And now we get to watch Jon Rahm Rodríguez and Max Homa (currently tied at -16) along with Patrick Cantlay (currently -15) go for the tournament title this afternoon.

Pretty satisfying week of golf for Tiger.
    Pretty satisfying week of golf for Rahm (hope I spelled that correctly). He actually won the tournament.

Pretty satisfying week of golf for Rahm (hope I spelled that correctly). He actually won the tournament.
    It was a great week and has been equally as great a season for Rahm Rodríguez. He’s a clear favorite heading into the majors.

Tiger hater. How original LOL!

LIV not very popular in the U.S. They got just 291,000 viewers for their final round on Sunday.

With numbers like these, how long before the Saudis pull the plug? I know they are loaded and could continue indefinitely, but this is pretty embarrassing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...fca9fc45abdd18
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    LIV not very popular in the U.S. They got just 291,000 viewers for their final round on Sunday.

With numbers like these, how long before the Saudis pull the plug? I know they are loaded and could continue indefinitely, but this is pretty embarrassing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other...fca9fc45abdd18
    For context another CW program, World’s Funniest Animals, outdrew LIV Golf.

And this was during the PGA Tour’s Honda Classic which had a weak field.

I had not heard of this, though it doesn't surprise me. The bottom golfers are going to be jettisoned from LIV after this year. So the PGA Tour is going to have to make a decision pretty soon about whether they let these guys back in, because some of them will definitely qualify.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...a69e5eb&ei=110