Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    DP Tour news, but Patrick Reed caught cheating again. Video is pretty conclusive.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...02b24e25008d70
    Incredible. The guy just cannot get out of his own way. I watched Brandel Chamblee dissect this event on Golf Channel earlier yesterday and he was tactfully and meticulously letting Reed have it. Come on man! I give folks the benefit of the doubt until they show me I cannot be that courteous. It’s sad because he’s an incredibly talented golfer and was nails at the Masters when he won it but I do not care for him the more stuff like this I see him do. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Incredible. The guy just cannot get out of his own way. I watched Brandel Chamblee dissect this event on Golf Channel earlier yesterday and he was tactfully and meticulously letting Reed have it. Come on man! I give folks the benefit of the doubt until they show me I cannot be that courteous. It’s sad because he’s an incredibly talented golfer and was nails at the Masters when he won it but I do not care for him the more stuff like this I see him do. Good riddance.
    Speaking of the Masters, Reed has a lifetime tee time with his win. But those guys are pretty serious about the honor of the game and they make their own rules. I believe they've said they won't ban past champions who have gone to LIV, but could they ban Reed over his continuous flouting of the rules?

I especially liked Chamblee's Seinfeldian description of the trajectory of the ball (That is one magic loogie!).
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Jon Rahm Rodríguez carded a -6 66 to get to -10 overall and is on 2nd place behind Sam Ryder who leads at -12. Ryder is on the 17th hole currently. Tony Finau carded a -8 64 today to get to -8 overall and is in 3rd. If Rahmbo wins tomorrow he’s hands down the best golfer on the planet currently, if he is not already.
    Rory says "Not so fast".
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Rory says "Not so fast".
    Rory should have gone full heel and thrown tees all over the green once that putt rolled in.

Justin Rose gets his first Tour win in 4 years. Congrats! I thought he was pretty much done at 42, he's had a few top-10 in the interim but hasn't really been competitive.

What has become one of the biggest non-major weekends of the PGA Tour season kicks off this weekend in Scottsdale. The Waste Management Phoenix Open. I think I read 24 of the top 25 players in the world will be playing this weekend. I think the one that isn’t playing is the LIV Golf’s Cam Smith. The purse this weekend is huge, the competition is great, and the crowds are well hydrated. The winner this weekend takes home $3.6 million. I think this tournament is becoming on par with The Player’s Championship as the fifth major.

What has become one of the biggest non-major weekends of the PGA Tour season kicks off this weekend in Scottsdale. The Waste Management Phoenix Open. I think I read 24 of the top 25 players in the world will be playing this weekend. I think the one that isn’t playing is the LIV Golf’s Cam Smith. The purse this weekend is huge, the competition is great, and the crowds are well hydrated. The winner this weekend takes home $3.6 million. I think this tournament is becoming on par with The Player’s Championship as the fifth major.
    Agree with the 1st sentence, disagree with the last. Mostly because quite a few tournaments have the same purse.

https://www.pgatour.com/schedule

That's one thing the PGA players can thank LIV for.

Two years after winning his second WM Phoenix Open, Brooks Koepka missed the cut in the Asian Tour’s International Series in Oman after rounds of 74 and 78.

The Big Cat is going to play The Genesis Invitational this weekend at Riviera CC in Los Angeles.

Tiger, Rory, and JT grouping Thursday and Friday at Riviera. I am excited to watch that! 3:04 pm EST Thursday and 10:24 am EST Friday. Should be an exciting group!

Some guy named Eldrick Tont “Tiger” Woods just birdied 1 at Riviera CC in Los Angeles in The Genesis Invitational.

Some guy named Eldrick Tont “Tiger” Woods just birdied 1 at Riviera CC in Los Angeles in The Genesis Invitational.
    That limp does not look good- not sure he can last four rounds

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    That limp does not look good- not sure he can last four rounds
    Not really limping when I saw him on the 6th hole. His swing actually looks good - the best I have seen in years from Tiger. But his game has to be "rusty" and I'd be surprised if he makes the cut (assuming his leg holds up).

Tiger goes out in 34.

Definitely in the mix at the turn.

You gotta wonder …

Wow that group really delivered down the stretch. Tiger finishes with 3 straight birdies to get to -2.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Wow that group really delivered down the stretch. Tiger finishes with 3 straight birdies to get to -2.
    That was fun to watch. It would be great to see Tiger play through the weekend.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Tiger birdies 16, 17, and 18 coming in. Cards a -2 69. Simply unbelievable.

Never out of the fight.

Barring a meltdown tomorrow, he’ll play this weekend. Early tee time tomorrow. Let’s see how his body responds.

Tiger birdies 16, 17, and 18 coming in. Cards a -2 69. Simply unbelievable.

Never out of the fight.

Barring a meltdown tomorrow, he’ll play this weekend. Early tee time tomorrow. Let’s see how his body responds.
    1. A meltdown tomorrow seems like a realistic possibility. Assuming he arrives at the course safely; he will be walking a second round in two days and it’s likely to be chilly tomorrow morning. Although it will warm up as he plays so maybe temp won’t be a factor.

2. Getting to the weekend and getting through the weekend are two different things. As you say; let’s see how his body responds.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    1. A meltdown tomorrow seems like a realistic possibility. Assuming he arrives at the course safely; he will be walking a second round in two days and it’s likely to be chilly tomorrow morning. Although it will warm up as he plays so maybe temp won’t be a factor.

2. Getting to the weekend and getting through the weekend are two different things. As you say; let’s see how his body responds.
    That's cold, man.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post

His game could of course unravel today. It wouldn’t be the first time. I am more interested in seeing how his body looks today and how he’s walking and moving around the golf course. I think that will be more telling to the possibility if he can compete this year. He showed yesterday he can still hit golf shots and he still had the hands and upper body strength. He was flying some of his drives 300+ yards with 180 mph ball speed. It will be chilly when he tees off this morning (mid 40s) and the ball likely won’t be traveling as far. We will see if he looks stiff. I will say yesterday he appeared to be walking better. Still noticeably gingerly at times but a lot better than how he looked last year.