Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ESPN's NBA Today panel talks about Chelsea Gray:

This was worth a screenshot:

chelseastats.jpg

I would expect Chelsea will be at Cameron to help Kara Lawson get the Duke program rolling.
    https://goduke.com/news/2022/9/21/wo...world-cup.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    I would expect Chelsea will be at Cameron to help Kara Lawson get the Duke program rolling.
    https://goduke.com/news/2022/9/21/wo...world-cup.aspx
    I'm sure someone will explain to us why the very best women play World Cup but we can't get even second tier men to play for our team...

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm sure someone will explain to us why the very best women play World Cup but we can't get even second tier men to play for our team...

$$$$$$

Very easy and very quick answer. If you pay the women what the men make, you'll see them staying home and avoiding risk of injury too.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

More Good Publicity for Duke Women's Basketball

Even the NCAA is hopping on the Chelsea Gray bandwagon with a compilation of her highlights from the 2011 and 2012 NCAA Tournaments.

They previously made similar videos for her pro teammates A'ja Wilson and Kelsey Plum.

I could start a WNBA Offseason thread, but it may not invite much discussion.

ESPN: WNBA free agent Candace Parker to sign with Las Vegas Aces

Parker will join a core of two-time WNBA MVP A'ja Wilson, first-team All-WNBA member Kelsey Plum and Finals MVP Chelsea Gray, who are all fresh off a WNBA title, the franchise's first, this past season. While fellow free agents Breanna Stewart and Courtney Vandersloot have yet to announce their decisions, Parker joining the Aces makes Las Vegas, for now, the undisputed favorite to win it all again in 2023.
    ESPN: WNBA free agency 2023: How Candace Parker's move impacts Aces, Sky and WNBA

[Ramona] Shelburne: This move reminds me of when Kevin Durant joined the 73-win Golden State Warriors in 2016, only the Aces actually finished off their championship run. Parker still has a lot of game left at age 36. The fit with Wilson will be interesting, but Wilson helped recruit Parker to the Aces, so there's a strong willingness to make this work. Plus, Parker has played well with a dominant post player before in Nneka Ogwumike in L.A.

The Los Angeles Sparks are becoming Duke West. They traded for Jasmine Thomas, re-signed Lexie Brown, and signed Azura Stevens.

Meanwhile, the New York Liberty are challenging Las Vegas as the league's new superteam, trading for Jonquel Jones and adding free agents Breanna Stewart and Courtney Vandersloot.