Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1817
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    That's a game we frankly didn't deserve to win.
    That is a game they should win if they want to reverse what happened last season. They are going to face much better pitching staffs going forward. Getting 3 hits is not going to beat any team left on their schedule. But you are correct, they didnít deserve to win this game.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    That is a game they should win if they want to reverse what happened last season. They are going to face much better pitching staffs going forward. Getting 3 hits is not going to beat any team left on their schedule. But you are correct, they didnít deserve to win this game.
    Agreed, not a promising start. The competition jumps up quickly.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    I don't think it's a Duke thing, I think it's the crappy ACCNX. Maybe not, since the UNC game is also on ACCNX and they have a score bug and multiple cameras.
    Į⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠Į
    Might a Duke or a DBAP thing. Pretty much every other ACC school has a proper multi-camera broadcast with scoreboard and replays, etc. Would have loved to see the replay on that possible double play in extras yesterday Such a flat, poor quality broadcast just isn't on par with the caliber of Duke and the ACC.

    Tallon and Weaver both look sharp. Talented freshmen that will be fun to watch for awhile. Oschell also impressed. Definitely looking forward to watching the staff develop this season!

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzibar View Post
    Might a Duke or a DBAP thing. Pretty much every other ACC school has a proper multi-camera broadcast with scoreboard and replays, etc. Would have loved to see the replay on that possible double play in extras yesterday Such a flat, poor quality broadcast just isn't on par with the caliber of Duke and the ACC.
    You're really not going to like the broadcasts from Jack Coombs Field.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    You're really not going to like the broadcasts from Jack Coombs Field.
    Ha! Can't wait...

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Wish I lived in Durham for a day tomorrow.

    The weather is going to be late spring gorgeous, and the Duke - Liberty game at the DBAP is free to attend.
    Us couch umps can watch on ACCNX.

    https://goduke.com/sports/baseball/schedule
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    No score after 1.5. Jason White on the mound for Duke in a bullpen day. Liberty is 0-3 for the year.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  8. #88
    Damon Lux solo homer gives Duke 1-0 lead after 2 complete

  9. #89
    dukebaseballradio@gmail.com

    I have complained before about the Duke broadcast on ESPN+ to the email address above. Maybe if enough people complain they will listen.

    If you switch to todayís games of NC State vs Coastal Carolina and UNC vs Longwood you will see a huge difference in the production quality. I agree that a program the caliber of Duke should have much better productions than we see. This production looks like a high school team.

    As I have been typing this Liberty has scored 2 runs and are now up 2-1 with 2 outs in the top of the third.

  10. #90
    Liberty scores 5 runs with 2 outs including a run scoring error on Beshears and a 3 run homer off Aaron Beasley. Now 5-1 Liberty

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    No score after 1.5. Jason White on the mound for Duke in a bullpen day. Liberty is 0-3 for the year.
    0-3 is only a little deceptive. S. Miss is typically a good team, but the early margin isn't surprising after Sunday.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    We are getting curb stomped 6-0.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    We are getting curb stomped 6-0.
    They even took our run away!

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Beshears (partially) makes up for his error leading to the 5-run 3rd inning for Liberty with a 2-RBI double in the B5, now 7-4 Liberty.

  15. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Wild pitch scores another Liberty run. 8-4..
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Duke cuts it to 8-6 in the 8th but used the top half of the order to get there.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lewisville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Duke cuts it to 8-6 in the 8th but used the top half of the order to get there.
    8-6 final.

    Team goes to 2-2 with Baylor coming in for 3-game weekend series.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Texas
    A controversial finish with Duke's Albright called for baserunner interference to end the game. Coach Pollard was mighty mad and had to be restrained, but the game ended with no further actions.

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    dukebaseballradio@gmail.com

    I have complained before about the Duke broadcast on ESPN+ to the email address above. Maybe if enough people complain they will listen.

    If you switch to todayís games of NC State vs Coastal Carolina and UNC vs Longwood you will see a huge difference in the production quality. I agree that a program the caliber of Duke should have much better productions than we see. This production looks like a high school team.

    As I have been typing this Liberty has scored 2 runs and are now up 2-1 with 2 outs in the top of the third.
    Who owns that email? I mean if the entity that produces the baseball games has a gmail address for their contact, then that's a sure sign that nothing is likely to get any better.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    I think it's the direct connection to Chris Edwards. He uses it for filler during the games. Hating on the TV broadcast probably isn't helpful. He can't do anything about it.

    I think Pollard read the Duke-UVA postgame thread and took the opposite approach as he's inclined to do. Neither one worked out for Duke.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke Alums on the 2023 PGA and LPGA Tours
    By seacap29 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 459
    Last Post: 06-04-2023, 06:11 PM
  2. 2023 NBA Draft
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 690
    Last Post: 06-03-2023, 06:29 PM
  3. 2023 Duke Football Recruiting
    By Bob Green in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 378
    Last Post: 03-24-2023, 05:03 PM
  4. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-20-2022, 11:18 AM
  5. Duke Football 2023
    By Dopeshop in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-24-2022, 12:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •