Page 25 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Home now and the accnx coverage is great! Multiply cameras, score bug - professional.15-5 top 8th. Both teams using a lot of pitchers and bench players now

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Home now and the accnx coverage is great! Multiply cameras, score bug - professional.15-5 top 8th. Both teams using a lot of pitchers and bench players now
    Unspork for leaving early. Now 15-6 T9.

Question for y’all that know more than I about college baseball. All the players check something on their wrist before each pitch. WTH is on their wrist? Dick Tracey device?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Question for y’all that know more than I about college baseball. All the players check something on their wrist before each pitch. WTH is on their wrist? Dick Tracey device?
    They use electronic communication with the dugout for pitch calls instead of old-timey signs from the catcher.

15-6 Final. 16 K's for Duke pitching. Quality win and a big boost for the resume. Duke needed at least 1 win against them.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    They use electronic communication with the dugout for pitch calls instead of old-timey signs from the catcher.
    Thanks for the info. Something about that just seems wrong to this old timer.

(As a kid, I used to catch without a mask in games for both teams of older players in sandlot games. This explains some of my rugged facial features.)

And get off my ball field.

I don't think its electronic, but its a list of codes to coordinate pitches and other signals. I believe there are numbers and maybe symbols given from the dugout.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    I don't think its electronic, but its a list of codes to coordinate pitches and other signals. I believe there are numbers and maybe symbols given from the dugout.
    Sort of like the goofy posters on the football sidelines?

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Sort of like the goofy posters on the football sidelines?
    Yeah, I think so. Here's one type of 'sign wristband' that claims to be popular: https://www.nevermissasign.com/

The Healy kid (starter) was outstanding; looks like a weekend starter for sure. We have some promising young arms. Now if we can continue hitting well. Keep waiting for Storm to start tearing it up—we need him. And if Obee can get his groove back. If our freshman middle relievers can get things clicking, watch out.
    Nice crowd for a mid-week game. Great win.

With 25 games remaining on the regular season schedule, Duke is 19-10 overall and 6-6 in the ACC. They are tied for 6th in the ACC, which puts them in excellent position to make the ACC tournament, which they missed last season as they finished 13th of 14 teams last season.

The team ERA this season is 3.61, which is 3rd in the ACC. Last season their team ERA was 5.89 and was 11th in the ACC.

They are batting .290 as a team, after posting a .254 team batting average last season. In 2022 they hit 70 homers as a team, while they have 48 thus far this season.

Last season’s team did not have any players who had a batting average over .300. In last night’s game there were 6 players in the lineup who had batting averages above .300.

Sadly, I don't think Pollard can get ACC COY even with a sweep of BC.

Unspork for leaving early. Now 15-6 T9.
    Haha, fair. Although I did listen on The Varsity app as I left the stadium and in my car on the way home then turned it on ACCNX. So didn't miss much!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Hadn't realized this, but Wake is now ranked #2 in the country. Or 3, depending on source. Either way, very impressive.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Any Duke Base fans might want to look at goduke. The games are now at Coombs and at different times and TV than before. Blame it on the rain.

Any Duke Base fans might want to look at goduke. The games are now at Coombs and at different times and TV than before. Blame it on the rain.
    It looks like steady rain in Durham until Sunday.

Yep

https://goduke.com/news/2023/4/6/bas...nd-series.aspx

Free admission Friday and Saturday, Sunday is still TBD. Turf fields FTW?

FYI, in its last 2 games, BC beat Coastal leading Virginia twice and scored 12 runs each game.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Buckle up. If there's a Friday game, it's a night game per Twitter.

Buckle up. If there's a Friday game, it's a night game per Twitter.
    Confirmed: https://goduke.com/news/2023/4/7/bas...postponed.aspx