Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1354
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'd prefer he not do any damage to his dunking arm.
    no problem then since he throws lefty but shoots hoops (and presumably dunks) righty...insert amphibious jokes here...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Duke releases 2023 baseball schedule.

    Link: https://goduke.com/sports/baseball/schedule

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Duke releases 2023 baseball schedule.

    Link: https://goduke.com/sports/baseball/schedule
    Aside from St. Joseph's, starting out with Liberty, Baylor, and ECU is jumping right into the fire.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  4. #24
    Duke vs NC State is next Friday, 9/30 at 5pm at DBAP. Admission is $10

    Duke vs UNC is Friday, 10/14, (day before Duke/UNC football also at 5 pm. Admission is free and game will be at UNCís Boshemer Stadium.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Thanks, I missed that since its not on the schedule webpage...

    Duke Announces Fall Schedule
    https://goduke.com/news/2022/8/31/ba...-schedule.aspx

    DUKE FALL EXHIBITION/SCRIMMAGE SCHEDULE
    Sept. 21-22 Ė Team Scrimmages, Jack Coombs Field, Durham, N.C., TBA
    Sept. 30 Ė NC State, Durham Bulls Athletic Complex, Durham, N.C., 5 p.m. - TICKETS
    Oct. 14 Ė at North Carolina, Cary C. Boshamer Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C., 5 p.m.
    Oct. 28 Ė Scout Day, Jack Coombs Field, Durham, N.C., TBA
    Nov. 3-5 Ė Fall World Series

  6. #26
    The Duke/State baseball exhibition game scheduled for Friday at 5 pm has been moved up to Thursday (tomorrow) at 5 pm. It will be at DBAP.

  7. #27
    Here is a guess of how Duke lineup will look like in the exhibition game vs State:

    3B - MJ Metz (.382 and 12 homers for D3 Kenyon in 2021)

    SS - Alex Mooney (.292 and 3 homers last season)

    2B - Cole Hebble (.354 and 4 homers for UMass in 2021)

    1B - Luke Storm (.276 and 10 homers in 2021)

    C - Alex Stone (.230 and 10 homers in 2021)

    OF - Devin Obee (.210 and 6 homers in 2021)

    OF - Josh Solomon (.287 and 11 homers for Columbia in 2021)

    OF - Jay Beshears (.335 and 10 homers for Northwestern in 2021)

    My guess is that either Jonathan Santucci or Luke Fox will start on the mound for Duke.

  8. #28
    Mixed bag in tonightís exhibition game vs State.

    Offense didnít do a lot, but they showed some promise. Very few strikeouts and several balls hit deep that didnít quite make it over the fence. Devin Obee was 2-3 with a double.

    Other than a Mooney bad throw to first, defense was solid.

    Really liked the pitching. Colin Bosley Smith struggled as he gave up 3 runs, including 2 homers, in his one inning. However, Adam Boucher, Nick Conte, and freshmen Gabriel Nard and Andrew Healy all pitched well. Most impressive was lefty freshman James Tallon. After hitting the first batter he faced, he proceeded to strikeout the side in his one inning.

    Here is the batting order that started tonight:

    Alex Mooney SS
    Luke Storm 3B
    Jay Beshears 2B
    Alex Stone DH
    Josh Solomon LF
    Devin Obee RF
    MJ Metz 1B
    Jonathan Santucci CF
    Andrew Yu C

    Boucher started on the mound and went 2 innings. He gave up one hit and no walks.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC

    Matt Mervis named to 2nd team minor league players for 2022.

    Former Duke player, Matt Mervis was recently named 2nd team, minor league players of the year. He had an outstanding year with the bat. Across 3 minor league levels, A+. AA and AAA he had these numbers: .309 average, .379 OBP, .605 SLG, 36 Home runs, 119 RBI. The 36 home runs were only 3 short of the league leading 39 home runs by Moises Gomes. Who happens to be in the Cardinal organization (I couldn't resist).

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    Mixed bag in tonightís exhibition game vs State.

    Offense didnít do a lot, but they showed some promise. Very few strikeouts and several balls hit deep that didnít quite make it over the fence. Devin Obee was 2-3 with a double.

    Other than a Mooney bad throw to first, defense was solid.

    Really liked the pitching. Colin Bosley Smith struggled as he gave up 3 runs, including 2 homers, in his one inning. However, Adam Boucher, Nick Conte, and freshmen Gabriel Nard and Andrew Healy all pitched well. Most impressive was lefty freshman James Tallon. After hitting the first batter he faced, he proceeded to strikeout the side in his one inning.

    Here is the batting order that started tonight:

    Alex Mooney SS
    Luke Storm 3B
    Jay Beshears 2B
    Alex Stone DH
    Josh Solomon LF
    Devin Obee RF
    MJ Metz 1B
    Jonathan Santucci CF
    Andrew Yu C

    Boucher started on the mound and went 2 innings. He gave up one hit and no walks.
    Who won?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    The 2023 ACC Baseball Tournament is coming back to the Durham!

    https://theacc.com/news/2022/10/5/20...etic-park.aspx
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  12. #32
    The first 7 inning game in Chapel Hill ends UNC 2 Duke 0.

    Lineup was same as game vs NC State a couple weeks ago.

    Adam Boucher pitched 4 innings and gave up the 2 runs in the 3rd.

    Freshman Gabriel Nard pitched 2 strong innings

    Jonathan Santucci pitched one perfect inning

    DH Chad Knight had a hit and MJ Metz also added a hit. Based on early results, offense may be a problem for this team in 2023.

    They will now play a second 7 inning game. Hopefully, the bats will pick up.

  13. #33
    Corrections on that last post: Boucher pitched 3 innings and Freshman James Tallon pitched 2 scoreless innings. Santucci did not pitch.

    In the second 7 inning game Duke is up 6-0 in bottom of the second. Devin Obee hit a three run homer and MJ Metz hit a solo homer. Freshman Owen Proksch is pitching for Duke

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    Corrections on that last post: Boucher pitched 3 innings and Freshman James Tallon pitched 2 scoreless innings. Santucci did not pitch.

    In the second 7 inning game Duke is up 6-0 in bottom of the second. Devin Obee hit a three run homer and MJ Metz hit a solo homer. Freshman Owen Proksch is pitching for Duke
    I like that score better than the first game. How did game two turn out?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  15. #35
    Duke 6 UNC 2

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by luke102452 View Post
    duke 6 unc 2
    GTHC!

    lowercase excuse for exuberating
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  17. #37
    Couple notes on exhibition games;

    Pitching looks much improved. Pollard hasnít really used the top line pitchers in these games. Also havenít seen much of the 3 freshmen pitchers rated among the top 10 freshmen pitchers in the country (Kassius Thomas, Oliver Santos, Aiden Weaver). However, the other freshmen pitchers used in these exhibition games (Gabriel Nard, Owen Proksch, and James Tallon) have been impressive. What I like most is very few walks. Last season several pitchers expected to have big years did not meet expectations and that was a huge reason for the struggles last yearís team faced. Pitching depth should be a strength of the 2023 team.

    After struggling early, the offense finally got going in the second part of tonightís game. Devin Obee (outfielder) is poised to have a big year. He hit a 3 run homer and almost hit another. Last season he struck out a lot and he appears to improved in that area in the Northwoods League this summer and in these exhibition games.

    Transfers MJ Metz, Jay Beshears, and Josh Solomon will all be keys to success in 2023. Returnees Luke Storm, Alex Stone, and Alex Mooney will hopefully improve their numbers from last year with experience.

  18. #38
    Duke has added grad transfer Giavanni DiGiacomo to their roster for the 2023 season. He transfers in from LSU where he played outfield. In 133 games for LSU he batted .275 with 6 homers, 48 RBI, and 18 stolen bases.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    Duke has added grad transfer Giavanni DiGiacomo to their roster for the 2023 season. He transfers in from LSU where he played outfield. In 133 games for LSU he batted .275 with 6 homers, 48 RBI, and 18 stolen bases.
    Nice addition! That SEC experience is valuable. Will he likely start most games?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Nice addition! That SEC experience is valuable. Will he likely start most games?
    Competition in the outfield will be interesting. Devin Obee has been Dukeís best hitter in fall ball and has started in right. Josh Solomon, a transfer from Columbia, has a started in left and should stick. He played center for Columbia last season. Two way guy Jonathan Santucci has been starting in center during fall ball. Assuming Santucci remains the starter in center, someone will step into the outfield when he is pitching.

    Along with DiGiacomo, other options are Damon Lux, who started several games in the outfield last season, and freshman Tyler Albright, who played well in the exhibition game vs UNC.

    Competition is gonna be a great thing, IMO.

Similar Threads

  1. 2023 NBA Draft
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 669
    Last Post: Today, 07:34 AM
  2. Duke Alums on the 2023 PGA and LPGA Tours
    By seacap29 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 448
    Last Post: Yesterday, 04:35 PM
  3. 2023 Duke Football Recruiting
    By Bob Green in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 378
    Last Post: 03-24-2023, 05:03 PM
  4. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-20-2022, 11:18 AM
  5. Duke Football 2023
    By Dopeshop in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-24-2022, 12:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •