Page 102 of 121 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2406
    Just in time to board a flight home! On to tomorrow!

Thanks Cameron n double! So excited for tomorrow specially after taking game 1.

For the 3rd time in the last 5 tournaments Duke is one win away from the CWS

It would be Duke’s first appearance in CWS since 1961
    Last edited by Luke102452; 06-09-2023 at 03:17 PM.

How sweet it is. God I love this team and coaches.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    OMG the camera angle just made me convinced we lost. PHEW
    The camera crew did not do us any favors with that initial angle. That ball seemed gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    For the 3rd time in the last 5 tournaments Duke is one win away from the CWS
    Amazing stat.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    They showed the stat for UVA with a record of 104-1 with the lead after 7 innings in Charlottesville. Make that 104-2 now!
    UVA has 3 home losses to Duke this season, and 2 to everyone else. Let's make it 4 tomorrow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    They showed the stat for UVA with a record of 104-1 with the lead after 7 innings in Charlottesville. Make that 104-2 now!
    Another amazing stat!
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Duke is the home team tomorrow, no?
    Correct. Duke will be the home team tomorrow, and road team if necessary in game 3.

Great win for the good guys! I admit I was nervous as heck in that last inning. If that UVa player had hit that last pitch just a touch harder, it would have been a 3-run homer and the game would be over. The baseball gods were with Duke today. And it was great to see a solid core of Duke fans in the stands (I assume mostly family members of the team), cheering for the team. Let's beat them again tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by HPDevil View Post
    The camera crew did not do us any favors with that initial angle. That ball seemed gone.
    And the announcers thought it was gone as well.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    And the announcers thought it was gone as well.
    So did the batter.

And me.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    So did the batter.

And me.
    Actually the batter didn’t think it gone, he knew it. The grin was wiped off😀

It was about a hair short of gone. Fun team and they play class ball. No carrying on trying to be cute like the hoo. Perfect day for a game. I'm proud of this team, they come correct. Looking forward to tomorrow and more Route 29. And... My son and brother saw me on tv! Lol

An insanely good time for the Duke baseball program. One win from Omaha. Give it up for Coach Pollard and staff.

Not only baseball, the Duke athletic department currently is insanely good. Men’s basketball won the ACCT, lacrosse to the natty title game, football won the ACC coastal and a bowl game, baseball is a win from Omaha and many others.

Coach Pollard is obviously their guy. He is a giant in the industry of D1 head baseball coaches now. I hope Duke rewards him and he stays around for many more years. I am really hoping the boys can win one more game in this super regional and send the team to Omaha.

Incredible ending

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Actually the batter didn’t think it gone, he knew it. The grin was wiped off😀
    Tallon pitched well, but the ball was hit so well, not sure if Tallon feels good about the job he did...

I just had a chance to watch the game on reply … oh wow . That last out ..
    Half the U Va dugout was out on the field to celebrate ,,, then Boom , it was Duke’s team enjoying the moment 🤙

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    An insanely good time for the Duke baseball program. One win from Omaha. Give it up for Coach Pollard and staff.

Not only baseball, the Duke athletic department currently is insanely good. Men’s basketball won the ACCT, lacrosse to the natty title game, football won the ACC coastal and a bowl game, baseball is a win from Omaha and many others.

Coach Pollard is obviously their guy. He is a giant in the industry of D1 head baseball coaches now. I hope Duke rewards him and he stays around for many more years. I am really hoping the boys can win one more game in this super regional and send the team to Omaha.
    Agreed 1,000%. Never forget what Coach Pollard inherited. Not unlike Coach Cutcliffe, he resurrected the program from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Great win for the good guys! I admit I was nervous as heck in that last inning. If that UVa player had hit that last pitch just a touch harder, it would have been a 3-run homer and the game would be over. The baseball gods were with Duke today. And it was great to see a solid core of Duke fans in the stands (I assume mostly family members of the team), cheering for the team. Let's beat them again tomorrow!
    Agree about the baseball gods being with us today. The UVA outfielders made 3 diving attempts to catch the ball, and missed all three … barely.

Great win. Go get’em tomorrow.

I tuned in the 8th inning. Thrilling finish. Hope Duke can finish Saturday. Duke has better odds than UVA. Oschell and Beilonson have excelled. Tallon finished,but he had been out for a while. Coach Pollard is an excellent Manager. I am no baseball expert, but this team knows how to grind out wins. Brooke Crammer of WRAL was covering the game for the CBS station for WRAL. Pittsburgh native my new favorite local sportscaster.