Page 68 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2406
    I know the baseball RPI uses the old/outdated formula for road wins/home losses to reward the northern schools. Thus, a place like Terre Haute or Boston that has snow until April 1 will earn 0.3 extra wins for winning @Duke in February while Duke earns an extra 0.3 losses.

Duke is at Coastal with UNCW and Rider. Tough draw that could be 0-2 but a fun beach trip. However, I like that Duke could continue to torture UVA athletics in a Super.

I actually really like that draw. Just concerned about Duke pitching status regardless of who they play.

OMG, UNC in a sweetheart region with Indiana State, Wright State, and Iowa.

Frankly, I think our draw is as good as we could have hoped for given our post-exam finish.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Duke is at Coastal with UNCW and Rider. Tough draw that could be 0-2 but a fun beach trip. However, I like that Duke could continue to torture UVA athletics in a Super.
    I mean we lost to Rider recently so that’s not ideal but these are teams duke, when they were on their roll against UVA and Louisville and BC, could be expected to beat.

It’s a winnable regional and in theory would result in a winnable super. Duke can’t complain after the way they ended the season

Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    OMG, UNC in a sweetheart region with Indiana State, Wright State, and Iowa.
    Indiana State can play. They’re 9th nationally in RPI and 42-15 overall. Iowa is no pushover either (38-14).

I think Coastal was a bit of a launching pad when we took 2/3 there in February 2021. That cuts both ways.

Duke is the 1PM game on Friday on ESPN+. Don't expect any of these games to be on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Indiana State can play. They’re 9th nationally in RPI and 42-15 overall. Iowa is no pushover either (38-14).
    It's a punishment worthy of Chapel Hill. You have to spend more than 10 minutes in Terre Haute and then you get clobbered in northwest Arkansas.
    Last edited by duke2x; 05-29-2023 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Updated for time

NCAA.com: 2023 NCAA Division I baseball championship bracket announced

Duke is one of 8 ACC teams in the 64-team field. They go to Conway, SC, where Coastal Carolina is the host and the overall #10 seed.

2023 NCAA Division I Baseball Championship Games
    Friday, June 2, 2023 (all times Eastern)

Conway Regional hosted by Coastal Carolina
    #2 Duke (35-21) vs. #3 UNCW (34-21), 1 p.m., ESPN+
    #1 Coastal Carolina (39-19) vs. #4 Rider (35-19), 7 p.m., ESPN+
    NCAA.com: 2023 NCAA baseball bracket: Men's College World Series scores, schedule

The complete NCAA regional, super regional, and 2023 Men's College World Series schedules are below.

Regionals: Friday-Monday, June 2-5
    Super regionals: Friday-Sunday, June 9-11 or Saturday-Monday, June 10-12
    First day of MCWS games: Start Friday, June 16
    MCWS finals: Saturday-Monday, June 24-26
    Final championship game: Monday, June 26
    The winner of the Conway Regional plays the winner of the Charlottesville Regional (Virginia/East Carolina/Oklahoma/Army). Find the full bracket here (PDF file).

Thanks for the links to the full bracket and schedule! Sporks sent.

John

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    NCAA.com: 2023 NCAA Division I baseball championship bracket announced

Duke is one of 8 ACC teams in the 64-team field. They go to Conway, SC, where Coastal Carolina is the host and the overall #10 seed.
    Way to walk the talk. I'll add this link: https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1/2023

Makes it easier to follow the double elimination in each regional. Speaking for myself, this can get confusing!

Does anyone know the status of MJ Metz?

Quote Originally Posted by camwallace View Post
    Does anyone know the status of MJ Metz?
    Or Healy or Fischer? We have been seriously bit by the injury bug.

I’ll say it again: are we watching our pitchers closely day in and day out? We live and die by the pitching staff. It seems very odd that we’ve had so many pitching injuries this year. Imagine if we had Santos and Santucci still, let alone Fox. I fully realize elite throwers get injured, but something doesn’t add up here.

Quote Originally Posted by triple duke View Post
    Or Healy or Fischer? We have been seriously bit by the injury bug.

I’ll say it again: are we watching our pitchers closely day in and day out? We live and die by the pitching staff. It seems very odd that we’ve had so many pitching injuries this year. Imagine if we had Santos and Santucci still, let alone Fox. I fully realize elite throwers get injured, but something doesn’t add up here.
    Metz was a weird situation. They said he was injured on a homer. Can only guess it was during the celebration.

Alex Gow left a recent game with an injury during the middle of an inning, very much like Healy.

The pitching injuries have piled up all season. Fox, Santucci, Santos, Allen, Conte, Healy, and now Gow appear to be unavailable for the postseason.

Thought this should be upfront given all the other silly forum topics.

For anyone not aware or following:
    Duke’s baseball team is outstanding. Their coach is one of the best. We were incredible in March and April (sure others can provide stats) and reached #10 or so in the nation. The team has fallen on somewhat hard times post-exams, particularly with pitching injuries.

Nevertheless, PLEASE support our boys this weekend. We are a very good team that very well could be victorious in the Regionals. We play UNCW tomorrow at 1pm. Go Duke!

Gow will start tomorrow v. UNC-By the Sea per goduke. 4+ out of him would be huge toward making a Super.

UNC-By the Sea hasn't beaten an ACC team all year, but they did beat ECU and Northeastern twice.

MJ Metz is in the lineup today

Quote Originally Posted by Luke102452 View Post
    MJ Metz is in the lineup today
    Good news to see Metz, Gow and Fischer in the lineup. I also hope that Tallon can bounce back from two straight bad appearances.

1-0 UNCW already. 1 on, 1 out, 1 in...

Gow is getting hammered - three doubles and a home run in 1 !/3 innings. 2-0 UNCW
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide