Page 107 of 121 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2406
    I like that Duke still had 12 hits. It felt like UVA was going to bounce back but its still just one game. Tomorrow is anyone's game.

Still one win from Omaha. Good thing run differential doesn’t determine who wins this series. Duke is down 18-9 in runs this series but tied 1-1 in games.

Win or go home tomorrow for both teams.

Game 3 tomorrow is at noon ET again. TV coverage is not announced yet.

Who is rested and able to pitch tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by RetireVergaJersey View Post
    Higgins is the only regular starter who is fresh.

Quick, someone measure Flip for a baseball jersey. We may need him to throw a few innings tomorrow.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm selling at a craft market today, but will be watching my laptop when I can.
    I picked an excellent day to sell tie dyes and not watch baseball. Followed the box score, ugh.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I picked an excellent day to sell tie dyes and not watch baseball. Followed the box score, ugh.
    I was going to text you when Duke cut it to 4-3 but before I got past procrastinating Virginia had expanded lead to 8-3.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Quick, someone measure Flip for a baseball jersey. We may need him to throw a few innings tomorrow.
    I think TJ Power is more highly regarded on the mound

Well today was horrible, but yesterday was awesome! This is the first baseball I’ve watched at any level in years. One game. All the pressure is on the Hoo’s. Go Duke!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I was going to text you when Duke cut it to 4-3 but before I got past procrastinating Virginia had expanded lead to 8-3.
    I saw that 4-3 score after the 4-0 start. By the time I got my laptop out a few minutes later, that 4 had turned into a 7. Laptop stayed in the bag.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I hope I am wrong but I think Duke will need to score 9-10 runs to win tomorrow.Have little faith in the pitching

Noon game again tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Goduke says the game will be on ESPN2.
    https://goduke.com/sports/baseball/schedule

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    They showed a stat yesterday that UVA hits Home Runs against Right Handed Pitchers and has little to no power vs left handed pitchers. Well Pollard took out the lefty and put in a righty and got BURNED.
    He had to start Gow today. When Gow struggled early, I think Pollard adjusted to a 3 game series earlier than we think. In light of this and anything goes in an elimination game:

Quote Originally Posted by RetireVergaJersey View Post
    no games yet - Romano (R), Weaver (R), Higgins (R). The staff loves Weaver even though I'm not sure he's quite ready yet. He might start. Higgins struggled v. UVA.
    ca. 1.5 innings - Oschell (R but it doesn't matter), Tallon (L), Beilenson (R but other 2 games against UVA were OK), Proksch (L but had 1 so-so game v. UVA.)
    0.1-1 inning - Beasley (L), Hart (L).

Healy (L) could pitch max 20 tomorrow since he only did 39 on Friday. If he started the first only, I would not be surprised.

UVA isn't going to change its lineup because Duke only throws lefties. They came close to winning Friday without it, and there's no shortage of ego in Charlottesville (just as some say about Durham).

Healy (1) - Proksch (2-3) - Beasley (4), Beilenson (5-6), Oschell (7-8), Tallon (8-9) with Romano, Hart, and Weaver to fill the gaps. Duke can win another 5-4 game with that lineup, but it's not going to have the pitching for a 10th. I think UVA starts the guy tomorrow where Duke won 17-5.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Goduke says the game will be on ESPN2.
    Until ESPN decides to move it at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    They showed a stat yesterday that UVA hits Home Runs against Right Handed Pitchers and has little to no power vs left handed pitchers. Well Pollard took out the lefty and put in a righty and got BURNED.
    Of course injured pitchers Fox, Santucci and Allen are all lefties. Pollard has had a tough task managing the rotation this year.

Can't find any stats showing NCAA performance for left vs right-handed pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Until ESPN decides to move it at the last minute.
    I got home around six looking forward to watching the taped version. I had carefully avoided learning the score. Grrr

Ryan Higgins getting the start today

VA is -200.