Page 92 of 121 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2406
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Which were what, a couple of weeks ago?
    He pitched a third of an inning apparently on May 26 against Miami in the meaningless game in the acc tournament (I’m gonna admit I skipped that one entirely since we were already eliminated) and got hit hard. But that was with a week of rest and he was not used in the win or be eliminated game against state in the acc tourney earlier in the week, and then wasn’t used in the regional.

In short his availability is a large question mark.

I don't pay much attention to sites predicting games. Baseball has a looooong season, and what matters most is how a team is playing right now. Duke is hitting the ball, getting solid pitching, and they seem to be having fun. As such I think their chances are as good as Virginia's.

Duke is selling a small part of its UVA allotment to former baseball players and Iron Dukes if you act in the next 47 hours from the time of this post.

When the regionals started, someone in this thread asked what would happen if Duke (#2 seed in Coastal Carolina's pod) and East Carolina (#2 in Virginia's pod) both advanced. Who would host the Super Regional?

That's exactly what happened with Tennessee and Southern Miss. Tennessee went 3-0 as the #2 seed in Clemson's regional, while Southern Miss went 4-1 as the #2 seed in Auburn's regional. The NCAA Selection Committee ruled that Southern Miss would host the Super Regional, despite having the lower RPI and being in a smaller town.

"Since there is no true seeding of two-seeds, it would largely just be looking at the merits of the two bids (venue, hotels, guarantees, etc.)," the NCAA said last week when asked how a decision would be made, via GoVols247. "But it would be fully a committee decision.”
    Vols fans were displeased. (Duke curse? Just putting it out there.)

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    When the regionals started, someone in this thread asked what would happen if Duke (#2 seed in Coastal Carolina's pod) and East Carolina (#2 in Virginia's pod) both advanced. Who would host the Super Regional?

That's exactly what happened with Tennessee and Southern Miss. Tennessee went 3-0 as the #2 seed in Clemson's regional, while Southern Miss went 4-1 as the #2 seed in Auburn's regional. The NCAA Selection Committee ruled that Southern Miss would host the Super Regional, despite having the lower RPI and being in a smaller town.

Vols fans have a point. Overall, Clemson was the much higher seed. (#4 to #13) One would think the higher seeded regional would then play host, but that would require logic.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Vols fans have a point. Overall, Clemson was the much higher seed. (#4 to #13) One would think the higher seeded regional would then play host, but that would require logic.
    Remember, the ncaa does not set regionals by an s curve. It’s based upon geography as much as team worth, hence duke going to coastal along with uncw.

Anyhow southern miss is considered by the actual experts as as good of a team as Tennessee so it’s not unreasonable.

Now Indiana state fans have a right to be aggrieved as they are seeded and are going to TCU. But in their case it’s because their town is hosting the indiana special Olympics and does not have hotel space for a super regional, ruling them out.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    The Vols were swept more than once in regular season series (serieses?). I don't doubt they are displeased, but that is their general nature.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    The Vols were swept more than once in regular season series (serieses?). I don't doubt they are displeased, but that is their general nature.
    I'd be displeased if I had to wear that dog gack color.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    My wife is a Vol ... but she has not one single item of apparel that is primarily orange, she can't stand it.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Remember, the ncaa does not set regionals by an s curve. It’s based upon geography as much as team worth, hence duke going to coastal along with uncw.

Anyhow southern miss is considered by the actual experts as as good of a team as Tennessee so it’s not unreasonable.

Now Indiana state fans have a right to be aggrieved as they are seeded and are going to TCU. But in their case it’s because their town is hosting the indiana special Olympics and does not have hotel space for a super regional, ruling them out.
    I'm surprised Indiana State wasn't able to open dorms for the teams. If UK got away with that for their regional, even though there were zero hotel rooms anywhere near Lexington last weekend, I don't see why Indiana State couldn't also, especially with just one team to host.

Remember the famous Steve Spurrier dig at the UT orange when he coached at Florida - something along the lines of 'they can wear the same clothes when they go to games that they wear when they're picking up garbage along the highways.' I'm sure someone's got a more accurate version.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    My wife is a Vol ... but she has not one single item of apparel that is primarily orange, she can't stand it.
    It's just not possible to wear something that you can't rhyme with.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

It's just not possible to wear something that you can't rhyme with.
    I'm told that nothing rhymes with orange.

So maybe you could wear...

It has occurred to me over the years that I'm glad I didn't go to a school with hideous colors.

It has occurred to me over the years that I'm glad I didn't go to a school with hideous colors.
    I’ll do you one better. My high school teams were the Blue Devils, so the darker shade of blue forevever it seems.

Knock knock……Who’s there?
    Orange
    Orange who??
    Orange you glad you’re not a Tennessee fan??

Nothing sucks like a big orange ��������������������

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I’ll do you one better. My high school teams were the Blue Devils, so the darker shade of blue forevever it seems.
    When our two high schools were consolidated, the county school administration sent out a form to all high school students the previous year. We were supposed to vote on the name we wanted for the name of the new team. Of course, there were many more tar heel lovers than Duke fans. However, us Duke fans courted all the Wake and State fans to vote for Duke. The final vote; Duke first and the tar cheats second. I wish that was the end of the story. Guess what the new team name was? If you answered The Falcons, you won. I guarantee if the tar cheats had won, that ugly ram would have been our mascot. Just another reason I dislike those Cheats.

With the wildfire smoke edging southward today towards Virginia, I wonder if this will affect tomorrow’s game…..

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    With the wildfire smoke edging southward today towards Virginia, I wonder if this will affect tomorrow’s game…..
    They can use one of those neon balls like the softball teams pitch with.

They can use one of those neon balls like the softball teams pitch with.
    Moderate AQI now; tomorrow, who knows?