Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 2,401 to 2,406 of 2406
    Transfer from Oklahoma 3B/SS Wallace Clark. Batted .237 with a homer in 47 games for the Sooners this season.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Maturin View Post
    Duke baseball and women's basketball radio guy Chris Edwards has just been announced as the voice of the ECU Pirates.

I enjoyed listening to Chris. We'll miss him but obviously this is a great opportunity.
    Oops...guess who isn't the Voice of the Pirates anymore.

East Carolina University is again looking for a new “Voice of the Pirates” after Chris Edwards admitted there were problems with his resume.

Edwards was named last week as director of broadcasting for ECU Sports Properties.

The July 20th news release said Edwards was a 2010 graduate of ECU, but in a statement this afternoon, he said there was some “misleading information regarding my academic accomplishments.”
    DWBB literally posted the job notice this week, so it will be interesting to see if they welcome him back or sift through the new applicants. The easy move would be to welcome him back.

https://www.witn.com/2023/07/28/new-...r-resume-flub/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Oops...guess who isn't the Voice of the Pirates anymore.

DWBB literally posted the job notice this week, so it will be interesting to see if they welcome him back or sift through the new applicants. The easy move would be to welcome him back.

https://www.witn.com/2023/07/28/new-...r-resume-flub/
    So his flub - listing himself as an ECU Grad but not actually graduating, is probably disqualifying more at ECU itself than anywhere else (who will care only for his resume in broadcasting). But at ECU itself it's kind of a big problem to lie about graduating from the school you work for.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    So his flub - listing himself as an ECU Grad but not actually graduating, is probably disqualifying more at ECU itself than anywhere else (who will care only for his resume in broadcasting). But at ECU itself it's kind of a big problem to lie about graduating from the school you work for.
    It's also possible he lied to Duke about it, and I'm not sure that will fly in Durham. I know it's only Wikipedia in the link, but George O'Leary's degree fib didn't sit well with Kevin White.

Not the best link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George...e_Dame_scandal

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    It's also possible he lied to Duke about it, and I'm not sure that will fly in Durham. I know it's only Wikipedia in the link, but George O'Leary's degree fib didn't sit well with Kevin White.
    Chris Edwards is back announcing Duke Men's Soccer in today's game vs. Furman. I don't recall if he has done earlier games this season. But apparently the resume gaffe did not poison his credentials enough for Duke to disqualify him. I like his announcing, so I'm good with it.

However, his goduke.com bio was removed and not yet replaced: https://goduke.com/staff-directory/chris-edwards/968

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Chris Edwards is back announcing Duke Men's Soccer in today's game vs. Furman. I don't recall if he has done earlier games this season. But apparently the resume gaffe did not poison his credentials enough for Duke to disqualify him. I like his announcing, so I'm good with it.
    Thanks for the update and good to hear. Hopefully he'll be back for women's basketball as well. I know they had posted an ad for the position after he left; there wasn't much time between then and his ECU fumble so crossing fingers they hadn't filled his spot yet.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."