Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 157
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yes!
    Now that's versatility.



    There are a couple of octaves difference in oscillation frequency.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Now that's versatility.



    There are a couple of octaves difference in oscillation frequency.
    I am literally jumping on a plane to fly to Toronto where I am speaking at a conference about high frequency ventilation in the neonatal population. And one of the things I will be lecturing on is high frequency oscillation. This is a delightful post and you got sporks for it.

    EDIT: alas. Must spread comments. Not to victim shame here, but it's your own damn fault for having so many good posts.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I am literally jumping on a plane to fly to Toronto where I am speaking at a conference about high frequency ventilation in the neonatal population. And one of the things I will be lecturing on is high frequency oscillation. This is a delightful post and you got sporks for it.

    EDIT: alas. Must spread comments. Not to victim shame here, but it's your own damn fault for having so many good posts.
    Mental image of you "literally jumping" on a plane and the flight attendant asking you why you are jumping instead of walking like everyone else...

    I went to Toronto a few years ago with the family. Great ethnic food scene. Enjoy.

    And to get back on topic, so much for the Panthers tanking for a QB.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I am literally jumping on a plane to fly to Toronto where I am speaking at a conference about high frequency ventilation in the neonatal population. And one of the things I will be lecturing on is high frequency oscillation. This is a delightful post and you got sporks for it.

    EDIT: alas. Must spread comments. Not to victim shame here, but it's your own damn fault for having so many good posts.
    It's OK. Unlike Morgana, I got it covered.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Mental image of you "literally jumping" on a plane and the flight attendant asking you why you are jumping instead of walking like everyone else...
    Wow. A veiled reference to my inability to in-game dunk. That was mean spirited. And the Panther defense looked great.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Wow. A veiled reference to my inability to in-game dunk. That was mean spirited. And the Panther defense looked great.
    I was actually going to note the potential danger of you hitting your head on the ceiling of the plane due to your mad hops, but I thought I was already taking this thread too far away from its core topic...

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    panthers...


    1 - false hope

    2 - heart attacks


    3 - kickers...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    I think I've watched about 15 minutes of Panthers football and and probably not more than 5 hours of NFL total for the season. What a blah year in professional football.

  9. #89
    While I agree with this re the NFL in general:

    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    What a blah year in professional football.
    I disagree with this:

    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    panthers...
    1 - false hope
    2 - heart attacks
    3 - kickers
    The kicker's neck should never have been on the line. DJ Moore is a smirking idiot and should be traded as summarily as was Robbie Anderson. He is 100% responsible for the loss.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    While I agree with this re the NFL in general:



    I disagree with this:



    The kicker's neck should never have been on the line. DJ Moore is a smirking idiot and should be traded as summarily as was Robbie Anderson. He is 100% responsible for the loss.
    Dumb rule

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Dumb rule
    But a known rule. Dumb rule - even dumber mistake.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    But a known rule. Dumb rule - even dumber mistake.
    I agree. There are "team players" and then there's "look at me" players. Moore knew the rule but decided he wanted attention like some 10-year-old.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I agree. There are "team players" and then there's "look at me" players. Moore knew the rule but decided he wanted attention like some 10-year-old.
    Absolutely cost them the game. Couldn't believe that talking heads were blaming the kicker. Strange.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I agree. There are "team players" and then there's "look at me" players. Moore knew the rule but decided he wanted attention like some 10-year-old.
    Disagree, Moore has never been that kind of player in his career with the Panthers. He's never had one issue since he's been here, he's played his butt off and never caused one single problem. I think they really wanted to win this game and there was a lot of emotion. In the heat of the moment he made a mistake. You have to understand all that has gone on with the Panthers to understand the situation. This team has had a lot of adversity but was somehow playing for first place and just had a miraculous play that seemed like it would be a game winner.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Disagree, Moore has never been that kind of player in his career with the Panthers. He's never had one issue since he's been here, he's played his butt off and never caused one single problem. I think they really wanted to win this game and there was a lot of emotion. In the heat of the moment he made a mistake. You have to understand all that has gone on with the Panthers to understand the situation. This team has had a lot of adversity but was somehow playing for first place and just had a miraculous play that seemed like it would be a game winner.
    It absolutely would have been the game winner if not for the complete mental meltdown. I was watching it in real time and just said "oh no!"

    I'm not an NFL player and I know the rule and the penalty.

    It was boneheaded. I'll take your word that it is an outlier from him, but that doesn't make it not a dumb, dumb mistake that cost them the W.

    In a different era, he would be cut Monday morning. For better or worse we don't do that anymore.

    Also - it ruined an AMAZING pass. What was it - 65+ yards in the air? Really stunning.

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It absolutely would have been the game winner if not for the complete mental meltdown. I was watching it in real time and just said "oh no!"

    I'm not an NFL player and I know the rule and the penalty.

    It was boneheaded. I'll take your word that it is an outlier from him, but that doesn't make it not a dumb, dumb mistake that cost them the W.

    In a different era, he would be cut Monday morning. For better or worse we don't do that anymore.

    Also - it ruined an AMAZING pass. What was it - 65+ yards in the air? Really stunning.
    For what it's worth, Moore did apologize and seemed remorseful after the game, and this is the first time I've known him to do anything like this. Celebrations after a great play is fine, just as long as it's not against the rules. I do think it's a stupid rule but everyone that watches much football, knows about this rule. It spoiled another good game from the Panthers.

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    While I agree with this re the NFL in general:



    I disagree with this:



    The kicker's neck should never have been on the line. DJ Moore is a smirking idiot and should be traded as summarily as was Robbie Anderson. He is 100% responsible for the loss.
    the kicker missed the game wining FG TWICE....both within his range...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    While I agree with this re the NFL in general:



    I disagree with this:



    The kicker's neck should never have been on the line. DJ Moore is a smirking idiot and should be traded as summarily as was Robbie Anderson. He is 100% responsible for the loss.
    You act like he killed someoneís child. He took his helmet off. Was it dumb? Yes. Did it hurt the team? Yes. Is DJ Moore equivalent to Robbie Anderson? Not even close. And itís a dumb rule

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    For what it's worth, Moore did apologize and seemed remorseful after the game, and this is the first time I've known him to do anything like this. Celebrations after a great play is fine, just as long as it's not against the rules. I do think it's a stupid rule but everyone that watches much football, knows about this rule. It spoiled another good game from the Panthers.
    He was smirking like crazy on the sideline immediately afterwards.

    I'm sure he's a great guy. But that was a massive brain fart.

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    to me, it was a "smirk" but more of a "oh holy crap i really did just make a horrible mistake that is gonna cost us the game and i don't know which to do...wear this dumb look, or cry"
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Similar Threads

  1. Carolina Panthers
    By smvalkyries in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2016, 03:24 PM
  2. Carolina Panthers 2013
    By moonpie23 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-19-2014, 08:40 PM
  3. Carolina Panthers & Tailgating
    By jimmymax in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 09:08 PM
  4. Carolina Panthers
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 10:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •