Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 172
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    We were there. Defense played pretty well and out scored the offense 7-6 for much of
    the game. CMC is fun to watch - his great talent is not speed or
    strength, but lateral quickness that allows him to slip so many would be tackles. Mayfield is less than mediocre.

    A win is a win!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Fire Rhule
    Dismiss Mayhem


    Both. Tomorrow. Tonight even. In the locker room.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Fire Rhule
    Dismiss Mayhem


    Both. Tomorrow. Tonight even. In the locker room.
    Apparently Tepper reads DBR - Rhule is out

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...hule-1-4-start

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Apparently Tepper reads DBR - Rhule is out

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...hule-1-4-start
    I know this is how things are done, but I don't like the move.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Yesssssss!!!!!!

    Ahhhhhh Seeeeeya!

    Enjoy your last brilliant coaching move being kicking a field goal when you needed 20 points.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I know this is how things are done, but I don't like the move.
    Because you think Rhule is a good coach or because you don't like midseason firings?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Because you think Rhule is a good coach or because you don't like midseason firings?
    Good question. I don't like mid-season firings. My dad was a coach and I'm biased as hell towards coaches. But my reason in this particular situation is they ain't got a QB and he's never had one. And they aren't going to have one this afternoon, tomorrow or next week either. But if you are going to do this then you get rid of the GM who signed this crapulence, along with the coach.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Good question. I don't like mid-season firings. My dad was a coach and I'm biased as hell towards coaches. But my reason in this particular situation is they ain't got a QB and he's never had one. And they aren't going to have one this afternoon, tomorrow or next week either. But if you are going to do this then you get rid of the GM who signed this crapulence, along with the coach.
    I can appreciate that perspective, but I'm more of the mind that it is better to just rip the band-aid off. I would prefer off-season moves over in-season, but there are times that keeping a coach on causes active damage to a program/operation and I think this is one of those times. It isn't about turning around this season, but more about trying to stop some of the bleeding and maybe salvage some locker room culture for next year.

    Meanwhile, Rhule will be crying all the way to the bank so can't I can't dredge up much sympathy for him.

    As far as the GM he can go too.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    he is still owed more than $40 mil...


    i need a job like that...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Good question. I don't like mid-season firings. My dad was a coach and I'm biased as hell towards coaches. But my reason in this particular situation is they ain't got a QB and he's never had one. And they aren't going to have one this afternoon, tomorrow or next week either. But if you are going to do this then you get rid of the GM who signed this crapulence, along with the coach.
    The folks at Georgia Tech likely aren't friendly towards your argument.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Giving Matt Rhule $62 million is just plain nuts. I have no idea what they were thinking, but they ARE the Panthers.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The next game will be interesting. A replacement coach to go along with a replacement QB, as Mayfield is out.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-couple-weeks
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The folks at Georgia Tech likely aren't friendly towards your argument.
    No. But we don't KNOW their coaching change led to 2 straight victories either. But it doesn't matter. They think there was causation and that's all that matters. Also having been around a successful coach at the high school level, I have deep thoughts about all of this. Needs to be discussed over beer and not typed.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Giving Matt Rhule $62 million is just plain nuts. I have no idea what they were thinking, but they ARE the Panthers.
    You shouldn't assume the bolded part.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    You shouldn't assume the bolded part.
    my bad! Does Michael Jordan somehow have a hand in the Panthers?

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Tepper is using his big broom today.
    The Panthers also fired defensive coordinator Phil Snow and assistant special teams coach Ed Foley, the team announced. Snow will be replaced by defensive run game coordinator Al Holcomb, who was Wilks' defensive coordinator at Arizona in 2018. The Cardinals finished 26th in total defense in 2018.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...hule-1-4-start
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  17. #37
    Tough love advice from Woody Paige to Panther fans today:

    “Go out to the Charlotte Speedway and shift your allegiance to another sport because it’s not going well.”

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    CMC is gone. Lots of draft picks. He is a great player but I don't totally get it from the 49ers perspective as I thought Deebo had a somewhat similar role, but when you can get a star player for a bunch of picks, I guess you do it. The Panthers are in tank mode.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ccaffrey-49ers

  19. #39
    Over/ under on how many more Ws Panthers get this season? I wouldnít be shocked if they donít win another game, and I donít think management would be too upset either.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Over/ under on how many more Ws Panthers get this season? I wouldnít be shocked if they donít win another game, and I donít think management would be too upset either.
    I think one

Similar Threads

  1. Carolina Panthers
    By smvalkyries in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2016, 02:24 PM
  2. Carolina Panthers 2013
    By moonpie23 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-19-2014, 07:40 PM
  3. Carolina Panthers & Tailgating
    By jimmymax in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 08:08 PM
  4. Carolina Panthers
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •