Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 172
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    just gotta have more than a 10 pt lead with a minute to go in tampa...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    just gotta have more than a 10 pt lead with a minute to go in tampa...
    What would have happened had Tampa lost?

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    What would have happened had Tampa lost?
    Carolina would be in the division lead.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Carolina would be in the division lead.
    Right and I guess would have clinched if they beat the Bucs next week?

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I listened to the game yesterday while driving to Durham. We got out of the car near the end of the third, and Carolina was seemingly well on its way to victory.
    Tuned back in just in time to hear Darnold cough up the ball, and ensure the loss.
    I feel bad for the rest of the team, and hope that Wilks is given a serious look at keeping his job. We need a fresh start at QB though, and this is a great year to make that happen. Darnold proved (again) that he's not the answer.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Darnold is never the answer, unless the question is 'Who has the lowest quarterback rating in the NFL?' or some other similar question.

  7. #147
    Darnold was decent yesterday. The last fumble wasnít really his fault; he got nailed while trying to throw. O-line protection wasnít great. Brady was obviously better but thatís to be expected.

    Wilks did an amazing job after taking over. I thought these guys were headed for 1-15, and if TBís punter hadnít made an incredible pooch punt on a botched snap, the Panthers might well have won the game and maybe the division.

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    For a variety of reasons, Tepper is going to get a lot of grief for this.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    For a variety of reasons, Tepper is going to get a lot of grief for this.
    Why do you think Tepper is going to get a lot of grief for hiring Frank Reich?

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Why do you think Tepper is going to get a lot of grief for hiring Frank Reich?
    I assume because Wilks overachieved while losing his top two QBs and All Pro RB?

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I assume because Wilks overachieved while losing his top two QBs and All Pro RB?
    That is the primary reason. And there is a big push to hire minority coaches and he had one in house.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I assume because Wilks overachieved while losing his top two QBs and All Pro RB?
    Okay, but beating Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Denver, Seattle, Detroit, and New Orleans is decent, but not particularly impressive. And losing the top two QBs doesnít mean a whole lot when the drop-off isnít very steep. Itís not like they lost Joe Burrow and Patrick Mahomes.

    But yeah, I can see the argument for giving Wilks a 2-3 year opportunity. I wasnít against it. I was kind of ambivalent, just like I am about Reich.

    I actually wanted the Panthers to get Sean Payton. Well, that is if the Cowboys werenít going to fire Mike McCarthy and hire Payton. That was ó and still is ó my dream scenario.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Okay, but beating Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Denver, Seattle, Detroit, and New Orleans is decent, but not particularly impressive. And losing the top two QBs doesnít mean a whole lot when the drop-off isnít very steep. Itís not like they lost Joe Burrow and Patrick Mahomes.

    But yeah, I can see the argument for giving Wilks a 2-3 year opportunity. I wasnít against it. I was kind of ambivalent, just like I am about Reich.

    I actually wanted the Panthers to get Sean Payton. Well, that is if the Cowboys werenít going to fire Mike McCarthy and hire Payton. That was ó and still is ó my dream scenario.
    I mean, I think your question was why would this hire make the owner unpopular - players seemed to love him and I think most Panthers fans were really into him too.

    It may prove to be a good hire, but that's why Tepper will certainly hear about it from the fans for a bit regardless.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I mean, I think your question was why would this hire make the owner unpopular - players seemed to love him and I think most Panthers fans were really into him too.

    It may prove to be a good hire, but that's why Tepper will certainly hear about it from the fans for a bit regardless.
    Of course my original question was only tangentially related to where I took this. You know me. 😜

  16. #156
    I like the Reich hire; he is my wifeís cousin. He told me many years ago that he was a Duke fan, and actually applied for the Duke HC job back in the day. I wonder if heíd consider it in the future if it opened up again.

  17. #157
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    I like the Reich hire; he is my wifeís cousin. He told me many years ago that he was a Duke fan, and actually applied for the Duke HC job back in the day. I wonder if heíd consider it in the future if it opened up again.
    May that be a long, long time.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  18. #158
    Is anyone paying attention to the unbelievable coaching staff the Panthers are putting together?

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Is anyone paying attention to the unbelievable coaching staff the Panthers are putting together?
    No, I havenít heard anything ó other than head coach Reich.

    Whatís your take on the staff thus far?

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    No, I havenít heard anything ó other than head coach Reich.

    Whatís your take on the staff thus far?
    Pest Panther staff ever and one of the best ever assembled in the whole NFL

Similar Threads

  1. Carolina Panthers
    By smvalkyries in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2016, 02:24 PM
  2. Carolina Panthers 2013
    By moonpie23 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-19-2014, 07:40 PM
  3. Carolina Panthers & Tailgating
    By jimmymax in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 08:08 PM
  4. Carolina Panthers
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •