Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Happy that CMC gets a shot at winning with another team and hoping he stays healthy in quest to do so. The Panthers are laughable right now.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    CMC is gone. Lots of draft picks. He is a great player but I don't totally get it from the 49ers perspective as I thought Deebo had a somewhat similar role, but when you can get a star player for a bunch of picks, I guess you do it. The Panthers are in tank mode.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ccaffrey-49ers
    CMC is more of a true RB than Deebo, and supposedly Deebo wants out of the RB business (preferring to stay at the better paid and less bruising WR position) or at least that was the word in the off-season.

Wikipedia contributors for the win...

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    CMC is more of a true RB than Deebo, and supposedly Deebo wants out of the RB business (preferring to stay at the better paid and less bruising WR position) or at least that was the word in the off-season.
    Wide receiver, DJ Moore asked to be traded but the team declined. I can't blame him for wanting out. The team is a joke.

"Panthers are a train wreck. Tepper is blowing it all up because he thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room. He’s arrogant, narcissistic and clueless about pro football. We won’t see a winning season for years, much less the winning culture he thinks he can create!"

....one of my attorneys - but i agree whole heartedly..
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    "Panthers are a train wreck. Tepper is blowing it all up because he thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room. He’s arrogant, narcissistic and clueless about pro football. We won’t see a winning season for years, much less the winning culture he thinks he can create!"

...one of my attorneys - but i agree whole heartedly..
    Yup, that’s pretty much the size of it. Just about every decision he’s made since he got here has been the wrong one - with the exception of firing Rhule, which was just him admitting a previous mistake.

Panthers insist in presser today that they’re not tanking and are trying to win lol. A) If this is them trying to win, WTF?, and B) When you get asked over and over during a presser if you are tanking, you’re almost certainly tanking.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Yup, that’s pretty much the size of it. Just about every decision he’s made since he got here has been the wrong one - with the exception of firing Rhule, which was just him admitting a previous mistake.

Panthers insist in presser today that they’re not tanking and are trying to win lol. A) If this is them trying to win, WTF?, and B) When you get asked over and over during a presser if you are tanking, you’re almost certainly tanking.
    I feel for Steve Wilks. I'd be tempted to walk away instead of trying to put on a farce of a show for a team dead set on losing.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Over/ under on how many more Ws Panthers get this season? I wouldn’t be shocked if they don’t win another game, and I don’t think management would be too upset either.
    We went to the one game they have won this year! And without CMC, they won’t win another.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Sledgehammer and i went to the pre-season game where darnold got hurt.... it was over so quickly
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Who are they tanking for?

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    CJ Stroud. But I don’t call it tanking. I think primarily their goal was to get as much as they can for Christian because they only have a few draft picks due to the stupid trades they made the last few years. In order to rebuild you need picks. Also, Christian has missed a significant portion of the last two seasons so if you’re going to trade him, now is the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    QB. CMC's draft picks will hopefully be used on RB/WR/TE positions.

(As far an actual name, no clue. There will be options, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    QB. CMC's draft picks will hopefully be used on RB/WR/TE positions.

(As far an actual name, no clue. There will be options, though.)
    At this point everyone seems to want CJ stroud out of Ohio state.

The miracle of the NFL is that even crappy owners can make a ton of money....if you don't make gobs of money in the normal course of business (though most do) you make money by the incessant increase in value of franchises...there's always another internet billionaire waiting in line to buy in. According to Forbes (which may or may not know what it's talking about) he bought the team for $2.3B and it's now worth $3.6 B, so what's the problem? And he's only owner the team for about four years, right?

(They could start by buying respectable uniforms).

I love the trade we made to get CMC out. We got more than we should have for a position that’s frankly not worth much. Not sure where all the negativity is coming from with the Panthers. We are a single position away from being a top competitor, tank and get a qb and we will be rolling in under 2 years. The only mistake I’ve seen Tepper really make (in regards to the Panthers that is) is giving that huge contract to Rhule.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I love the trade we made to get CMC out. We got more than we should have for a position that’s frankly not worth much. Not sure where all the negativity is coming from with the Panthers. We are a single position away from being a top competitor, tank and get a qb and we will be rolling in under 2 years. The only mistake I’ve seen Tepper really make (in regards to the Panthers that is) is giving that huge contract to Rhule.
    Plus the guy has missed most of the last two seasons. Also, running backs are old when they get close to 30.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Plus the guy has missed most of the last two seasons. Also, running backs are old when they get close to 30.
    I have to Aldo add he’s only played in one playoff game in his career. So it’s not like they were winning with him.

Hot take: the trading of McCaffrey (which was the right move) makes the firing of just Ruhle look worse. By trading your most valuable commodity you are saying that you can't win as currently constructed. Meaning Ruhle could never have won with this crowd, but neither could Belichick. Now I understand people wanted Ruhle gone (I didn't, but I recognize most did), but isn't this an issue of roster construction? You have brought in 2 big name QBs who are young and were high draft picks...and neither of them can play dead in a Western. The GM has to go in that situation if you are firing the coach. Now being a fiscal responsibility minded person, I would have recognized that this team couldn't win and kept Ruhle to preside over the demolition of the team. I can lose with anybody, but it's at least cheaper to Keep him in that situation than to get a new coach to come lose. But if you feel like a housecleaning is in order, clean the freaking house. I wouldn't want Scott Fitterer presiding over this if he brought in Darnold and Mayfield. Ruhle coached the players Fitterer brought in. If you want a change, Fitterer has to go first.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Hot take: the trading of McCaffrey (which was the right move) makes the firing of just Ruhle look worse. By trading your most valuable commodity you are saying that you can't win as currently constructed. Meaning Ruhle could never have won with this crowd, but neither could Belichick. Now I understand people wanted Ruhle gone (I didn't, but I recognize most did), but isn't this an issue of roster construction? You have brought in 2 big name QBs who are young and were high draft picks...and neither of them can play dead in a Western. The GM has to go in that situation if you are firing the coach. Now being a fiscal responsibility minded person, I would have recognized that this team couldn't win and kept Ruhle to preside over the demolition of the team. I can lose with anybody, but it's at least cheaper to Keep him in that situation than to get a new coach to come lose. But if you feel like a housecleaning is in order, clean the freaking house. I wouldn't want Scott Fitterer presiding over this if he brought in Darnold and Mayfield. Ruhle coached the players Fitterer brought in. If you want a change, Fitterer has to go first.
    If I told you that Rhule had final say in personnel decisions what would you say?
    Last edited by kshepinthehouse; 10-23-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    If I told you that Rhule had final say in personnel decisions what would you say?
    They both should have gone.