Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    to me, it was a "smirk" but more of a "oh holy crap i really did just make a horrible mistake that is gonna cost us the game and i don't know which to do...wear this dumb look, or cry"
    Yeah, I guess. He was chuckling to himself for about ten minutes. It was an incredibly weird look given the situation. By the time theg got halfway through overtime he looked more contrite.

Again, I'm not saying he is a bad dude. But that was a colossally meathead move that clearly cost them an improbable first place in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yeah, I guess. He was chuckling to himself for about ten minutes. It was an incredibly weird look given the situation. By the time theg got halfway through overtime he looked more contrite.

Again, I'm not saying he is a bad dude. But that was a colossally meathead move that clearly cost them an improbable first place in the division.
    There was also nothing wrong with what he did from my understanding. He waited to remove his helmet till he left the field. This happens every week and is never called. He looked sick to his stomach sitting on the bench afterwards imo
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

He was smirking like crazy on the sideline immediately afterwards.

I'm sure he's a great guy. But that was a massive brain fart.
    That wasn’t anywhere near a “smirk”. Dude was sickened. Looked like he was crossed between not crying and throwing up. Most guys would assume they can take their helmet off after they score and leave the field, happens every week, guys run onto the field with no helmet and guy take it off on the field after a score with almost never a penalty.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    That wasn’t anywhere near a “smirk”. Dude was sickened. Looked like he was crossed between not crying and throwing up. Most guys would assume they can take their helmet off after they score and leave the field, happens every week, guys run onto the field with no helmet and guy take it off on the field after a score with almost never a penalty.
    Maybe we watched two different games?

After the score, before and after the XP attempt, he was smiling and laughing on the sideline. Big grin. Open mouth laughing. Not "sickened." Even when it was OT and they cut to him, he looked not even remotely affected.

But the time it was clear they would lose, he did look more remorseful.

I can't find a video clip, but there are tons of references to his laughing it off on Twitter (I know, not a great source, but tells me I wasn't crazy).

Again, I'm not trying to pile on the guy, but accountability matters. He screwed up and was playing it off. He definitely wasn't "trying not to throw up."

If I can find a good clip, I'll share it. Because your insistence is making me doubt whether I saw what I saw.

Maybe we watched two different games?

After the score, before and after the XP attempt, he was smiling and laughing on the sideline. Big grin. Open mouth laughing. Not "sickened." Even when it was OT and they cut to him, he looked not even remotely affected.

But the time it was clear they would lose, he did look more remorseful.

I can't find a video clip, but there are tons of references to his laughing it off on Twitter (I know, not a great source, but tells me I wasn't crazy).

Again, I'm not trying to pile on the guy, but accountability matters. He screwed up and was playing it off. He definitely wasn't "trying not to throw up."

If I can find a good clip, I'll share it. Because your insistence is making me doubt whether I saw what I saw.
    People react to mistakes in different ways. What did you want him to do? Cry? Pout? Put a towel over his head? He got too excited and took his helmet off, it's not like he tackled a referee or something. I took it more as a "you've gotta be kidding me" kind of smirk not like a "I don't care smirk"

!) Moore should have kept his helmet on.

2) The kicker should have made the kick (s).

Next play!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    !) Moore should have kept his helmet on.

2) The kicker should have made the kick (s).

Next play!
    I'll take that. And what is the purpose of the helmet rule? Shouldn't the NFL want their fans to see the faces of their star players? What was the harm in taking off his helmet after the touchdown was scored? I guess that's why they call it the No Fun League

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    People react to mistakes in different ways. What did you want him to do? Cry? Pout? Put a towel over his head? He got too excited and took his helmet off, it's not like he tackled a referee or something. I took it more as a "you've gotta be kidding me" kind of smirk not like a "I don't care smirk"
    I mean. If we are going to try and parse his sideline face - yeah. I want him to look like it matters to him.

Look, I clearly disagree with a lot of folks here. I'm mostly disinterested in the Panthers, and I saw:

A) an absolutely tremendous play - one of the best passes and catches I've seen in years
    B) an absolutely bonehead celebration - you can debate whether the rule should exist, or whether he was technically in the end zone, regardless it was incredibly stupid to give the ref the opportunity to make that call
    C) a player who looked bemused by the outcome at best - I'm not saying you have to look like Jay Cutler, but laughing it off seemed incredibly tone deaf when you just totally nerfed your kicker and took it to OT

I'll shut up now, because clearly this means a lot more to some folks here than others. But as a "mildly interested bystander waiting for Seahawks/Giants" that is what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Put a towel over his head?"
    too soon....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

https://www.yahoo.com/news/furious-t...034104102.html

So this wasn’t a penalty but DJ Moore removing his helmet after a Hail Mary touchdown is?

Looks like the Panthers are going back to Sam Darnold as the starting QB. More ineptness coming. In 2021 season he had 9 TDs and 13 Ints with a passer rating of 71.9. For his career he has a 76.9 passer rating.

tepper has himself a dumpster fire...sale...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Mayfield is a lost cause - can’t throw the ball down the field. Darnold may not be any better, but with Walker out I don’t blame Wilks for trying something else.

Looks like the Panthers are going back to Sam Darnold as the starting QB. More ineptness coming. In 2021 season he had 9 TDs and 13 Ints with a passer rating of 71.9. For his career he has a 76.9 passer rating.
    The season before they took him, he was the lowest-rated quarterback in the league, not just that year but two years in a row. Not only that, but he was on an island of his own... he was farther behind the 31st rated quarterback than the 31st rated guy was behind the 15th-rated guy. I mean all 31 quarterbacks were pretty much grouped together and then Darnold was way behind them all, like a group of kids walking ro the bus and one of them a block and a half behind.

At least he’s had some success in a Carolina Panthers uniform. Even if it was just a few more games it’s still better than what Baker has done.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    For those who know...

I can't believe they signed that guy

The Pantloads are in a league of their own. I still think they could right that ship with better uniforms...they look like an inept Space Force.

baker will turn into brady now that he's gone from the cats

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    baker will turn into brady now that he's gone from the cats
    Nah he’s terrible and has been one of the worst qbs in the league over the last five years. Zero pocket presence. I’d say he’s more likely to be looking for work outside the NFL than to blow it up with the Rams.