Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I don't know who is doing the color commentary for the Memphis game is just awful. Maybe the worst I have heard all season.
    Does anybody know who it is?
    What’s wrong w Steve Lappas?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Agreed. I'm not sure Charles is the best analyst (for either the NCAAs or the NBA), but he's funny and doesn't take himself too seriously. Kenny, on the other hand, always comes off as if he thinks he's the smartest and most suave guy in the room - which is rich considering his affiliation with the University of No Class.
    I love Barkley on NBA on TNT, but he's not as entertaining with the tournament. Part of it is that he's just less knowledgable. But I think the larger issue is that him and Clark Kellogg aren't a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
    I love Barkley on NBA on TNT, but he's not as entertaining with the tournament. Part of it is that he's just less knowledgable. But I think the larger issue is that him and Clark Kellogg aren't a good fit.
    I love Barkley. But he's dead weight on the tournament, except for his commercials. Oh. Or when discussing Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I love Barkley. But he's dead weight on the tournament, except for his commercials. Oh. Or when discussing Auburn.
    But he's marvelous at crapping on Kenny Smith when he gets the opportunity...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
    Kellog suffers from misplaced bone desease.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    But he's marvelous at crapping on Kenny Smith when he gets the opportunity...
    That alone makes it worthwhile to have Charles on the Tournament games. He's not afraid to make fun of himself where Kenny on the other hand thinks he knows it all. That's funny since he attended Cheat University.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    That alone makes it worthwhile to have Charles on the Tournament games. He's not afraid to make fun of himself where Kenny on the other hand thinks he knows it all. That's funny since he attended Cheat University.

GoDuke!
    I truly love the fact that Kenny has trouble putting coherent thoughts together, he gets tangled in his metaphorical underwear constantly, and then he says dumb stuff to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    What’s wrong w Steve Lappas?
    Second-guesses way too many calls! Color commentary shouldn't focus so much attention on ref bashing. I also find his voice and accent grating, although I know I am being picky and maybe a little petty here.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Second-guesses way too many calls! Color commentary shouldn't focus so much attention on ref bashing. I also find his voice and accent grating, although I know I am being picky and maybe a little petty here.
    He coached college for 17 years. Why shouldn't he hate refs?

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    He coached college for 17 years. Why shouldn't he hate refs?
    Agreed. I hate em.

I actually like Vitale but the following exchange just occurred on College Game Day:

Reece Davis: How many of the remaining 1 seeds make the Sweet Sixteen

Vitale: <rambling nonsense> at least 3

So I guess Purdue might still have a chance

This exchange made me laugh. Bonner and Van Gundy are doing the SDSU-Furman game. They were discussing the Aztec's Aguek Arop, who we learned has physical issues (hip and muscle stuff) and actually decided to retire. But it seems he was really important to the program, so the coaches told him he could keep his scholarship and just be a manager and hang around. He tried that, but he urge to play made it hard for him. And the coaches felt that they needed him. So one thing led to another, and he ended up playing again. But because of his physical issues, the deal is that he doesn't have to practice. He just rides an exercise bike for the most part then the team is practicing. Which led to an exchange which went something like this:

Van Gundy: So the coaching staff just lets him ride the bike during practice.

Bonner: Such a great deal. He can play in games, but doesn't have to practice! How many players would love that deal?

Van Gundy: Well, that's basically the whole NBA!

<rimshot!>

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

The commercials w Charles and SLJ etc are funny the first couple of times. But omg they play them incessantly and all the humor is gone. Why don’t they make 10 ads with those guys and rotate them rather than just two? Keep them fresher. They could shoot ‘em all in a day or two at not much more expense. Seeing the same two over and over and over = mute.

Van Gundy really cracking me up in the SDSU game. He started to talk over one of Brando's promos for a CBS show. Brando jokingly pointed out he needs to pimp the show, and he did so. Then Brando swings it back to Van Gundy,
    Van Gundy comes back and says to the effect, "Well, that's what rookies do! They have moments of brilliance, but they make mistakes. A lot of them! But I assure you, a moment of brilliance is coming! Eventually!"

Makes watching the SDSU game a little more bearable. There's still 8 minutes left, but this game is absolutely over.

Bando, Bonner and Van Gundy make a good trio. Bonner's good, but he's kind of a stiff. Van Gundy adds insight, but he definitely lightens things up.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    The commercials w Charles and SLJ etc are funny the first couple of times. But omg they play them incessantly and all the humor is gone. Why don’t they make 10 ads with those guys and rotate them rather than just two? Keep them fresher. They could shoot ‘em all in a day or two at not much more expense. Seeing the same two over and over and over = mute.
    I mean, isn't that every ad in the tournament? After three weeks, not much is funny.

I mean, isn't that every ad in the tournament? After three weeks, not much is funny.
    I went to high school with someone where his acting in the AT&T March Madness ads were his big break. He went on to SNL for 8 years afterward. I actually think the AT&T ads that year did have some more variety and they also had them in the lead up to the tournament. Getting kids to sit at a table and answer questions is probably a lot cheaper than what they have to pay Barkley, Lee and Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    Van Gundy really cracking me up in the SDSU game. He started to talk over one of Brando's promos for a CBS show. Brando jokingly pointed out he needs to pimp the show, and he did so. Then Brando swings it back to Van Gundy,
    Van Gundy comes back and says to the effect, "Well, that's what rookies do! They have moments of brilliance, but they make mistakes. A lot of them! But I assure you, a moment of brilliance is coming! Eventually!"

Makes watching the SDSU game a little more bearable. There's still 8 minutes left, but this game is absolutely over.

Bando, Bonner and Van Gundy make a good trio. Bonner's good, but he's kind of a stiff. Van Gundy adds insight, but he definitely lightens things up.

9F
    Such a great grouping and so professional in adding to the broadcast

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post

9F
    In this story, the role of “Brando” or “Bando” is actually played by long-time sports announcer Kevin Harlan. Whom I think is actually better than Tim Brando.

Did they swap out Kenny Smith for Wally? That is a great trade! Wally does various work with the Knicks and I like him.

On an unrelated note, there is a Coors Light as with Vitale. I like Vitale more than most but he is one of the last people I would associate with Coors Light.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    On an unrelated note, there is a Coors Light as with Vitale. I like Vitale more than most but he is one of the last people I would associate with Coors Light.
    That commercial is…awkward