Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    S Scheffler 10

R McIlroy 8

X Schauffele 7

W Zalatoris 5

T Pieters 2

If Cameron Smith signs with LIV in the next week or so,, will be removed from PGA events and not eligible to play in these Fed Ex Cup events.. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Cameron Smith - 9
    Finau - 5
    Zalatoris - 5
    Fleetwood - 3
    Bryson DeChambeau - 2
    Harold Varner - 2
    Adam Scott - 2
    Taloe Gooch - 2
    Cameron Smith - 9
    Jon Rahm - 7
    Tiny Finau - 5
    Will Zalatoris - 5
    Harold Varner - 2
    Adam Scott - 2

Apologies to the Selection Committee

Cameron Smith - 9
    Jon Rahm - 7
    Tiny Finau - 5
    Will Zalatoris - 5
    Harold Varner - 2
    Adam Scott - 2

Apologies to the Selection Committee
    Now Cam Smith is definitely going to get booted from the playoffs.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Now Cam Smith is definitely going to get booted from the playoffs.
    I deserve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    S Scheffler 10

R McIlroy 8

X Schauffele 7

W Zalatoris 5

T Pieters 2
    I don't think Pieters is in the playoffs

If we picked Cam Smith initially can we substitute a player or players for him now? Has it been announced if he is eligible for the FedEx cup playoffs yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    If we picked Cam Smith initially can we substitute a player or players for him now? Has it been announced if he is eligible for the FedEx cup playoffs yet?
    Ok to make substitutions or change your team up until the event starts tomorrow AM. The Cam Smith news definitely throws a wrench into everything.

Smith has refused to confirm or deny that he is leaving for LIV. The presumption is that he won't make an announcement until after the FedEx Cup Playoff is done, so he can finish out the year and collect the moolah that comes at the end of the Tour Championship.

Folks who want to drop him are free to, but I suspect he will play all the way through the playoffs.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Sage Grouse picks --

Scheffler - 10
    Cam. Smith - 9
    Justin Thomas - 6
    Finau - 5

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Smith has refused to confirm or deny that he is leaving for LIV. The presumption is that he won't make an announcement until after the FedEx Cup Playoff is done, so he can finish out the year and collect the moolah that comes at the end of the Tour Championship.

Folks who want to drop him are free to, but I suspect he will play all the way through the playoffs.
    I believe the Tour banned the other players as soon as they signed, not after they played their first LIV event. Cam may not owe the press (or you or I, for that matter) an answer, but he certainly owes the Tour an answer.

The Tour playoffs are up tomorrow, and all anyone is talking about is Cam and LIV. This is exactly the type of BS the Tour wants, and has every right, to avoid at their premier event. I'm pretty sure there is a clause in the contract about conduct detrimental to the tour (heck, they suspended local kid Matt Every for pot) and that language is ambiguous enough to give them a lot of leeway.

The rest of the players can't be happy, Cam knows he's stepped in it, and the only guys enjoying this farce are Norman and his brood. It's exactly what Norman wants, he'd take this over winning that court case yesterday any day of the week.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

I believe the Tour banned the other players as soon as they signed, not after they played their first LIV event. Cam may not owe the press (or you or I, for that matter) an answer, but he certainly owes the Tour an answer.

The Tour playoffs are up tomorrow, and all anyone is talking about is Cam and LIV. This is exactly the type of BS the Tour wants, and has every right, to avoid at their premier event. I'm pretty sure there is a clause in the contract about conduct detrimental to the tour (heck, they suspended local kid Matt Every for pot) and that language is ambiguous enough to give them a lot of leeway.

The rest of the players can't be happy, Cam knows he's stepped in it, and the only guys enjoying this farce are Norman and his brood. It's exactly what Norman wants, he'd take this over winning that court case yesterday any day of the week.
    How do you figure he owes the tour an answer? Maybe he's still weighing pros and cons. Maybe he's strategically waiting until after the playoffs to sign.

Are you suggesting that if Cameron said today "once these playoffs are over, I'm moving the the LIV Tour" - that would be preferable? Seems like it would be even more of a hot mess.

I don't see how being rumored to be in negotiations with the LIV is "stepping in it."

How do you figure he owes the tour an answer? Maybe he's still weighing pros and cons. Maybe he's strategically waiting until after the playoffs to sign.

Are you suggesting that if Cameron said today "once these playoffs are over, I'm moving the the LIV Tour" - that would be preferable? Seems like it would be even more of a hot mess.

I don't see how being rumored to be in negotiations with the LIV is "stepping in it."
    No, the rumors are that he has actually signed. That is what I'm talking about. If he has actually signed, I think he should be gone just like the other 3.

Their question should be simple. Not "what are your intentions?". It should be "have you signed?". I think they have a right to know that. YMMV

No, the rumors are that he has actually signed. That is what I'm talking about. If he has actually signed, I think he should be gone just like the other 3.

Their question should be simple. Not "what are your intentions?". It should be "have you signed?". I think they have a right to know that. YMMV
    Oh. That would be a different thing for sure. Thanks for the clarification.

Team pcal6vb

Scheffler (10)
    Burns (5)
    Finau (5)
    Young (4)
    Im (3)
    Homa (3)

Total: 30

If Cameron Smith gets DQed. I'd like permission to adjust my roster

Team Graceland:

Rory - 8
    Rahm - 7
    Speith - 5
    Finau - 5
    Zalatoris - 5

Total: 33 (me, 14 + wife, 9 + daughter1, 5, + daughter2, 5)

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    If Cameron Smith gets DQed. I'd like permission to adjust my roster
    Asked and answered. Since the courts are involved and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    S Scheffler 10

R McIlroy 8

X Schauffele 7

W Zalatoris 5

T Pieters 2
    Exchanged T Pieters to H Varner III 2

New and Improved team

S Scheffler 10

R McIlroy 8

X Schauffele 7

W Zalatoris 5

H Varner III 2

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    My team:

Cam Smith - 9
    Sam Burns - 5
    Tony Finau - 5
    Cam Young - 4
    Hidecki Matsuyama - 4
    Sungjae Im -3
    Ok, I will be the first to jump ship from Cam in case he gets suspended sometime before the playoffs are over. New squad:

Scheffler - 10
    JT - 6
    Sam Burns - 5
    Tony Finau - 5
    Cam Young - 4
    Last edited by mkirsh; 08-10-2022 at 05:28 PM. Reason: I tried to change my team twice but ended up copying someone else - this is hard!