Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Alex rises to #23 in the FedEx standings with 318 points. At this point last year he had 142, and ended the season with 701. Excellent progress.

He also rose to #92 in the OWGR.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Alex rises to #23 in the FedEx standings with 318 points. At this point last year he had 142, and ended the season with 701. Excellent progress.

He also rose to #92 in the OWGR.
    I hope he doesn't price himself out of the DuDog picking strategy for the DBR majors contests! I know you couldn't pick him if he got up to 4, 5 or even higher...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I hope he doesn't price himself out of the DuDog picking strategy for the DBR majors contests! I know you couldn't pick him if he got up to 4, 5 or even higher...
    The exception proves the rule. Alex is my guy.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

LPGA qualifying

https://goduke.com/news/2022/12/4/wo...-q-series.aspx
    Gina Kim Durham/Chapel Hill native is caddy for Thai golfer Jaravee Boonchant.

LPGA

8 Duke alums on LPGA. Harigae is not counted. She only played in the fall of her first year at Duke.

https://goduke.com/news/2022/12/11/w...our-cards.aspx

Boonchant is Thai as is Boutier, though she is a French National.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    8 Duke alums on LPGA. Harigae is not counted. She only played in the fall of her first year at Duke.

https://goduke.com/news/2022/12/11/w...our-cards.aspx

Boonchant is Thai as is Boutier, though she is a French National.
    Harigae did compete for Duke her one semester. While that is a semester shy of official "Duke alumni" status, I think it should count for our purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Harigae did compete for Duke her one semester. While that is a semester shy of official "Duke alumni" status, I think it should count for our purposes.
    I count her as one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Plus she has an enviably smooth swing.

Finally! PGA Tour season about to go into full swing.

Alex, Kevin, and Adam are all playing in Hawai'i next week.

Current FedEx standing: Alex #22, Kevin #86, and Adam #135.

Important for Alex to hold position if he doesn't win this year. The PGA changed it's Tournament of Champions (currently ongoing) to include the top-30 from the previous FedEx Cup. I think this would also qualify him for all the majors; and if not it would almost certainly get him into the top-50 in the OWGR, which would. He was playing extremely well before the break, notching top-5s in the final 2 tournaments. I hope he doesn't lose the momentum, it certainly seems a win is around the corner.

Kevin, at age 44, is approaching the end of his career. Adam has some work to do.

Alex at 12:20, Kevin at 5:00, Adam at 5:50 tomorrow. All times EST.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Alex at 12:20, Kevin at 5:00, Adam at 5:50 tomorrow. All times EST.
    Will be pulling for our guys to begin the year with solid rounds. Also, the Korn Ferry starts up again this week in the Bahamas. Max Greyserman (D'17) is in the field, Ryan Blaum (D'07)is an alternate. Ryan keeps going at age 38. Others I am curious about are Chandler Eaton (D'20) and Quinn Riley (D'22). I expect Julian Suri (D'13) to reappear in Europe.

Not a good day for Alex, he finishes +1. He'll probably have to go -3 tomorrow to make the cut.

Adam Long will make the cut on the number with a birdie on his last hole,
    even though a few players have one hole to finish.

It is beach time for Alex and Kevin.

Adam finished T48 in the Sony and pocketed $20,250. He and Alex are moving on to the American Express in LaQuinta this week. Kevin is not entered.

At Sandals Resort in the Bahamas Max Greyserman easily made the KFT cut at T28 in an unusual Sun.-Wed. format.

Adam at 8:30 PST, Alex at 9:47. This field is loaded.

Alex has generally improved on his finishes from last year. Doesn't like Hawai'i (was cut last year as well) but finished T25 here last year so hopefully he'll improve greatly on last week's performance.

Adam hasn't played well here recently, but it is the site of his only PGA Tour win in 2019.

Max Greyserman finished T14 yesterday in the Bahamas at Sandals (72,70,68,71). This week the KFT moves to the Abaco Club also in the Bahamas (again a Sun.-Wed. format). Max is in the field.

Though I promised myself not to comment on the guys mid-round, I have to give a shout-out to Alex for holing out from 99 yards on the 2nd hole for eagle.

Good day for Alex, he shot -5 on the Stadium Course which is considered the toughest of the 3 and will be the course played on Sunday. Adam goes -1 on La Quinta and has some work to do.

This is 1 of the 2 pro-ams on the Tour, playing 3 courses (Nicklaus Tournament Course is the 3rd) Th-Sa with a 56-hole cut. The amateurs are all corporate types, not celebrities. Danny Ainge (who is pretty much a corporate type now) was the only name I recognized. Ah, for the old days when it was hosted by Bob Hope.

Friday PST tee times: Alex 9:14 La Quinta, Adam 10:20 Nicklaus
    Saturday PST tee times: Alex 8:41 Nicklaus, Adam 9:47 Stadium

Alex with another good day, he's at -9 and T21. Adam bogeyed his last 2 holes to finish -2 and drop from T88 to T116 and has a lot of work to do since it appears the cut will be at least -8, probably -9.