Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Through October 30, our lads have the following positions in the FedEx Cup standings:

Alex -- 51
    Streels -- 67
    Adam -- 109

Next event is at the Mayakoba course near Playa del Carmen in the Yucatan.
    And, it looks like Kevin and Adam are entered. Don't see Alex in the field this week.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    And, it looks like Kevin and Adam are entered. Don't see Alex in the field this week.
    After Japan, South Carolina, and Bermuda, Alex is taking a needed week off. I imagine he'll play the following two weeks in Houston and St. Simons Island, because then he'll have two months off until his next possible tee time in Hawai'i...unless he wins and gets into the Tournament of Champions .
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Alex just misses his 1st top-10 of the season (T11) and is projected to move up 33 spots to #51 in the FedEx standings.

Golf can be "cruel". Ben Griffin was in the lead, playing very well and -5 on the day through 11...then he went +6 on his next 5 holes. He lost by 2 strokes. I feel sorry for him, even if he's a Tar Heel.
    One of the more epic meltdowns I've seen on the professional tour by Ben Griffin on the back nine. He truly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory (a little like Duke football against UNC this year!). In his defense, there was a brutal wind blowing and even short putts were being affected by the strong gusts. He did have the decency and class to submit to a TV interview after the round and he didn't seem too devastated by his collapse. I hope he continues to be successful in the future.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    One of the more epic meltdowns I've seen on the professional tour by Ben Griffin on the back nine. He truly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory (a little like Duke football against UNC this year!). In his defense, there was a brutal wind blowing and even short putts were being affected by the strong gusts. He did have the decency and class to submit to a TV interview after the round and he didn't seem too devastated by his collapse. I hope he continues to be successful in the future.
    As Port Royal may be the only course I've ever played that has also hosted a PGA event, I can now tell my family that I'm not the only one affected by the winds on that course!

(I take that back, there's another. Hope Valley hosted a PGA event back in '45, the Durham Open, which was one of Byron Nelson's record 11 concecutive wins on the tour.)

At Mayakoba, Streels is off #10 at 6:55am; Adam Long tees off #1 at 11:57am

Kevin opened T76 with a 70, Adam T90 with a 71. Lots of work to do tomorrow at Mayakoba.

Kevin and Adam cut today. They're in Houston along with Alex next week.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Kevin and Adam cut today. They're in Houston along with Alex next week.
    I hope Kevin isn't sick or injured. Streels was on pace to make the cut but then was +6 over last five holes, closing with a triple bogey.

In Savannah this weekend Ryan Blaum was attempting to achieve guaranteed starts on the 2023 Korn Ferry Tour. And, at one juncture in today's final round he scored six straight birdies, but still his nice streak only raised him to T80 (74,70,73,68) to wind up the qualifying event. Still, he will be a member of the KF Tour, but only conditionally so.

Pulling for Kevin, Adam, and Alex in the Cadence Bank Houston Open beginning Thursday.

With basketball and football at the forefront there's still some golf going on. In Houston our guys didn't fare too well on opening day yesterday, Adam 70, Alex and Kevin 71s. Looking for big improvement from all three today.

Projected cut is Even Par so work to be done today.
    Bob Green

Alex with a fantastic 64, -6 on the day, including an eagle, and is currently T12 with half the field still on the course. Great opportunity for him this weekend. He likes this course, had a T15 here last year.

Kevin and Adam have afternoon tee times.

Alex is firecracker hot! He shot -6, with an eagle on 17 (260+ yards to 8'6") and a birdie from under five feet on par 3 18th hole. (He started on #10.)

He is, for now, T-12 at -5.

Adam Long falling apart going +5 over his last four holes. Streelman +1 on the day but has plenty of holes to turn it around.

Alex will go into the weekend T14, a great opportunity for him. Kevin and Adam were cut.

A few players finishing up round 2 since play was suspended yesterday, so they'll probably go off in threesomes today.

Also going off front and back. Alex tees it up on #1 at 10:51 CST.

Rough day in Houston. Alex shot even par and only dropped a spot. He's T15 going into Sunday and playing well.

Made a 62-foot birdie putt and missed a 3-foot par putt. Such is golf.

No idea how the course is going to play today, but if Alex can shoot 5-under (he was 6-under on Friday) I think he has a solid shot at a top-5 finish.

Alex, for the 2nd time, went eagle-birdie on 8 and 9. Now T-6 teeing off on 11.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Alex, for the 2nd time, went eagle-birdie on 8 and 9. Now T-6 teeing off on 11.
    Alex plays well and finishes T4. Lots of Fedex points.