Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Kevin Streelman just eagled #5 from 102 yards out and is T11 in Napa with lots of golfers still to begin.

After a disastrous snowman at the turn to drop below the cut, Alex battles back with 4 birdies and is currently T31.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Alex struggling today and therefore falling down the leaderboard. Has missed a 3- and 4-footer. Less than 20% of the players are over par on the day, and he's one of them. Hopefully he puts on a late charge like yesterday.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Rainy day in Napa, they're going off in threesomes front and back for the final round.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Rainy day in Napa, they're going off in threesomes front and back for the final round.
    Bad timing for the wine grapes being harvested now.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Last week's heat caused a lot of stress, and the rain doesn't look like it will last. I think the harvest will be fine for most growers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Last week's heat caused a lot of stress, and the rain doesn't look like it will last. I think the harvest will be fine for most growers.
    My only concern: How does this affect my MD 20/20? This was supposed to be a banner year.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    My only concern: How does this affect my MD 20/20? This was supposed to be a banner year.
    To be compared with the vintage 2019?

With Napa over the President's Cup is up this week at Quail Hollow in Charlotte. After Napa Kevin Streelman (T59, $17,840) and Alex Smalley (T43, $24,760) and Adam Long (missed the cut) will get a needed rest. Hopefully they will be in the field at the Sanderson Farms Championship Sept.29-Oct.2. in Jackson, Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by seacap29 View Post
    With Napa over the President's Cup is up this week at Quail Hollow in Charlotte. After Napa Kevin Streelman (T59, $17,840) and Alex Smalley (T43, $24,760) and Adam Long (missed the cut) will get a needed rest. Hopefully they will be in the field at the Sanderson Farms Championship Sept.29-Oct.2. in Jackson, Miss.
    Needed rest?!? Alex had been off since August 21, and Kevin and Adam since August 12! I'm the one who needs a rest! They all need to grind this year to improve their status.

It could be worse. Many harvested before our insane heat wave the last few weeks. Those that didn't had grapes lose some moisture that is being added back the last few days. The rain will stop and the grapes can relax a few more weeks.

I don't know the highs in Napa, but many areas in the SF Bay saw temps over 110. That is not normal.

Alex, Kevin, and Adam all playing next week in Jackson. Don't drink the water!!!

All go out early on Thursday (CDT):

Alex 7:22
    Kevin 7:55
    Adam 8:06

Alex now 1 spot below Lefty in the OWGR. Two ships passing in the night.

Lefty has dropped 99 spots in 9 months, Alex has risen 188.

Streelman’s group getting lots of air time. He is -4 today and -5 overall. Hoping not to jinx them but all three Duke guys look in solid position to make the cut.

EDIT: Smalley double bogeyed right before I posted but is still at -2, which is exactly the last safe score right now

Kevin Streelman shot -5 (67) today to improve to -6 for the tournament. He is currently T12.
    Bob Green

Alex well within the cut line and well-positioned at around a T30 and only 6 shots off the lead when he double bogeys his 16th (3-putting from 4'7") and 18th (3-putting from 8'8") holes.

That not going to get it done on the Tour. This is the time of year he needs to be making hay. I hope he knuckles down.

On the weekend rounds, afternoon tee times are good and Kevin Streelman has one today:

T10 - Streelman, 2:05 pm
    T31 - Long, 11:40 am
    Bob Green

Celine Boutier doing well and getting screen time in this week's LPGA tournament, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Celine Boutier doing well and getting screen time in this week's LPGA tournament, as well.
    Did she finish 3rd round 1 back?