Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Kevin Streelman with a solid 1st round at the Valero Open. He shot a -1 (71) and is currently T15.
    Bob Green

In the Korn Ferry Astara Chile Classic Max Greyserman is in first place with an opening 64. Ryan Blaum is T38 with a 69.

Streelman shoots Even Par in Round 2 to remain -1 for the tournament. He is above the current projected cutline (E) and will play the weekend although lots of golfers still on the course finishing up their second 18.

Smalley (+3) and Long (+7) will not make the cut.

Saturday tee times TBD.
    Bob Green

Streels had to sleep on a 50' sand shot on 15. Got up this AM; knocked it to 4'3" and made par.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman shoots Even Par in Round 2 to remain -1 for the tournament. He is above the current projected cutline (E) and will play the weekend although lots of golfers still on the course finishing up their second 18.
    Semi-serious question, not trying to throw shade ... is one "above" or "below" the cut if one makes it to the weekend? I can see it making sense either way.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Semi-serious question, not trying to throw shade ... is one "above" or "below" the cut if one makes it to the weekend? I can see it making sense either way.
    Above the cutline means you play the weekend. Top 65 and ties make the cut. It is easy to understand if you look at the leaderboard. A golfer must be "above" the cutline on the leaderboard.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Above the cutline means you play the weekend. Top 65 and ties make the cut. It is easy to understand if you look at the leaderboard. A golfer must be "above" the cutline on the leaderboard.
    Above the cut line and below the cut score. Capische?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Above the cut line and below the cut score. Capische?
    OK, maybe that's the way to remember it, thanks!

Streelman cards Even Par (72) today with one birdie and one bogey. He is T49 headed to the final round.
    Bob Green

Streelman shoots Even Par (72) for the third day in a row to finish the tournament at -1. He is T46.
    Bob Green

Well, The Masters takes over this week and no Duke alums are in action, alas....

All three of our guys are playing Harbour Town this week. Noon or later tee times on Thursday for each.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    All three of our guys are playing Harbour Town this week. Noon or later tee times on Thursday for each.
    Bad luck on the draw. Showers to start around 2 on Thursday. Though a lot of weather can change in 48 hours.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Kevin and Adam will be playing this weekend, Alex will not.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Saturday tee times:

Adam Long 08:45
    Kevin Streelman 10:10
    Bob Green

All of our guys are going to lose their cards this year under the restructuring. I read in my local paper that only the top-70 make the playoffs and get cards. The fall schedule is now for 71-125 to keep their cards, the season really starts in January. I had not read that before and don't believe I've seen it discussed on the board.

Kevin and Adam (projected #128 and #134 after this weekend) are definitely out. Even a couple of top-10s will not be enough.

Alex is probably out. He's missed half his cuts since the turn of the calendar and finishes of T22, T27, T37, T65, and T65 have dropped him from FedEx #22 to projected #65. Not a good trend. Dang it, the season started out so promising!

None of them are playing next week. So they've got about 3 months to do something and will not be playing in the U.S. or British Opens. In addition, I think Alex will be the only one to qualify for The Memorial.

This thread won't be near as much fun next year (not that it has been for the last few months anyway).

But just to cheer up DUdog and all Duke fans momentarily, Adam Long is at -5 for the day thru 17 holes. Puts him in the top 20 as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    But just to cheer up DUdog and all Duke fans momentarily, Adam Long is at -5 for the day thru 17 holes. Puts him in the top 20 as of now.
    Not so fast there -- a double bogey on 18 puts Adam at -5 for the tournament, -3 for today.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post

This thread won't be near as much fun next year (not that it has been for the last few months anyway).
    I have thoroughly enjoyed following Kevin Streelman but he is 44 years old and trending down. With career earnings around $25 million he has achieved success from the monetary perspective. More important is he is liked and respected by his fellow golfers per reports I’ve read.

I will keep cheering him on but unless he catches fire the next few months 2023 is going to be a down year.
    Bob Green

Streelman shoots +3 (74) to drop to Even Par for the tournament. He is currently T65 moving the wrong way on Moving Day.
    Bob Green