Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Duke wins 3-1. It was a fairly even match overall and it got a bit chippy in the second half but Duke's defense was superior. Duke lead in shots 13-12, but TCU had 11 corners to Duke's 1. A solid Top-10 road win for the Blue Devils! Next up is UNC on Thursday at Koskinen.
    Michelle Cooper had 2 goals and 1 assist in a road game vs a ranked opponent? Casual fan here, but I'm starting to see what all the fuss is about. Good chance to be a 1st team All-America?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Michelle Cooper had 2 goals and 1 assist in a road game vs a ranked opponent? Casual fan here, but I'm starting to see what all the fuss is about. Good chance to be a 1st team All-America?
    Both Michelle Cooper and Ruthie Jones are on the College Soccer News 2022 Womens Preseason All-America Team (First Team):
    https://collegesoccernews.com/colleg...-america-team/

Huge game tonight as we take on the CHeats! Both teams are ranked in the top three despite falling to UCLA last week by identical 2-1 scores. The ticket office tells me that the game is almost sold out, which is amazing. Hoping to see a loud and supportive crowd tonight, which will undoubtedly contain a large contingent from the wrong shade of blue.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Huge game tonight as we take on the CHeats! Both teams are ranked in the top three despite falling to UCLA last week by identical 2-1 scores. The ticket office tells me that the game is almost sold out, which is amazing. Hoping to see a loud and supportive crowd tonight, which will undoubtedly contain a large contingent from the wrong shade of blue.
    The top three just shuffled positions - now UCLA - UNC - Duke. Tonight is the third game of an unofficial round robin tournament. Go Duke!!

TV

Just want to note that for those of us not living in the Triangle, the game will be on the ACC Network.

My wife and I are in. I expect to be a pony tomorrow.

I will be there. GTHC.

If you hear some schmuck yelling at the ref, yeah, that’s me. Sorry.

Duke won last year's game 1-0 in Chapel Hill on a goal by Tess Boade and 6 saves by Ruthie Jones. It was the Blue Devil's first win over the Tar Heels since 2015. Both teams will be anxious to get back on track after each lost to UCLA in the last week. This will be a hotly contested game for all the lucky fans at Koskinen tonight.

My daughter is here in the stands wearing her GTHC shirt. I feel validated as a parent.

My god, Carolina is going to send someone to the hospital with a broken leg.

1-0 UNC at the half.

My amateur observation is that Duke is being out hustled and had very few shots on goal. UNC is defending well and is not being challenged by Duke's strikers.

Heels lucky not to have a red card. Duke lucky to be trailing only 0-1, as they’re being out-positioned, out-passed, out-hustled, thoroughly outplayed the final 20 minutes of the half.

Time to put some pressure on UNC Defense. Duke is tactically inept in creating scoring opportunities. 28 minutes left to get it going. UNC is still outplaying Duke and they are simply not mounting any scoring threats. This team is getting beaten to the ball constantly and have to question the conditioning.Cooper is being double and triple teamed. Only two shots on goal in 72 minutes and that is not going to get a win.Game over 2-0 .Duke is looking simply bad. This team better regroup. They are getting embarrassed tonight.
    Last edited by heyman25; 09-08-2022 at 09:47 PM.

INC is better in the final third. We are cooper watching. And making nothink kicks rather than deliberate passes.

Duke needs to spend some time in the weight room.

We also need one big-I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. attacking mid or forward to help cooper. We are tiny.

And ruthie needs to get a real kick. She is a good goalie but that is an unnecessary handicap.

Another duke player down by those kind-hearted souls from unc.

Go duke!

NC 2-0. Total domination.,
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke was Smoked! Church and his staff have a lot of work to do.Completely dominated.

Yep, my comment about Carolina riding the edge of a red card notwithstanding, they outplayed Duke badly.

Really have to sort out the offense after playing 3 of the top 5 teams consecutively not named Duke and going 1-2. Brutal stretch.

There seemed to be no flow…we kept trying to force it down the middle of the offensive third and running into a brick wall. We started to get looks late when we attacked outside-in from the wings. Set pieces are going to be an issue for this team as we are not a particularly big team. Not optimal to have Chico marking one of their tallest players on the first goal. We may need to rethink our formation to generate more offensive pressure