Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Congrats to mr. synellinden and tbyers11, see y'all in April!
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Sorry to triple post, but wanted to separate out different thoughts. This one is lifetime standings.

Code:
    Majors Leader Board		
    CDu	                3	2018 US Open; 2019 Masters; 2020 PGA
    elvis14	                3	2018 Open; 2020 US Open; 2021 Open
    Rogue	                2	2019 PGA; 2022 PGA
    Tripping William	2	2019 Open; 2021 PGA
    mr. synellinden	        1	2022 Open
    JasonEvans	        1	2022 US Open
    Utley	                1	2022 Masters
    Turk	                1	2021 US Open
    dudog84	                1	2021 Masters
    Bob Green	        1	2020 Masters
    rasputin	        1	2019 US Open
    CameronBornandBred	1	2018 PGA
    mkirsh	                1	2018 Masters
    Year Masters PGA US Open Open Championship Season Long FedEx
    2018 mkirsh CameronBornandBred CDu elvis14 CDu killerleft
    2019 CDu Rogue rasputin Tripping William mkirsh CDu
    2020 Bob Green CDu elvis14 N/A elvis14 Rich
    2021 dudog84 Tripping William Turk elvis14 sagegrouse N/A
    2022 Utley Rogue JasonEvans mr. synellinden tbyers11

We didn't do a fedex event last year (I think I was too lazy) but I'm up for one this year if people need fake golf action later in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Year Masters PGA US Open Open Championship Season Long FedEx
    2018 mkirsh CameronBornandBred CDu elvis14 CDu killerleft
    2019 CDu Rogue rasputin Tripping William mkirsh CDu
    2020 Bob Green CDu elvis14 N/A elvis14 Rich
    2021 dudog84 Tripping William Turk elvis14 sagegrouse N/A
    2022 Utley Rogue JasonEvans mr. synellinden tbyers11

We didn't do a fedex event last year (I think I was too lazy) but I'm up for one this year if people need fake golf action later in the summer
    I'm very happy with my 4th place finish in the 2022 majors and my overall money earnings this year. I would be happy to defend my 2 year FedEx title!

Thank you mkirsh and congrats to the Top 3 finishers!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Congratulations to Mr synellinden for a great win at St Andrews

Congratulations to tbyres11 on an awesome year / all the majors.

I’d like to thank mkirsh again for running another great major . Great fun.

I think the 2021 Masters was the first time I competed. I should have retired undefeated, but it's just too much fun. Thanks mkirsh!
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Ouch! My first dead last.

Congrats to Cameron Smith. It was an amazing tournament for viewers. Lots of fun. Happy to see him win.

Congratulations to Mr. Synellinden and tbyers11 - well done.

Thanks as always to mkirsh - lots of fun. I didn't get to watch much of the tournament but it still makes it even more fun to follow.

After a lackluster season, and a career goose egg, I am very excited and honored to finally win a major - and the Holy Grail to boot in the 150th playing of the Open Championship. Thanks to Tommy Fleetwood for his weekend performance that made the difference.

Genuine huge thanks to mkirsh for all the organization and work to manage the tournaments. It’s very cool that DBR has embraced this format. It really does make the majors even more fun. It does feel like major season comes and goes so quickly. I’m definitely up for the Fedex Cup.

I can’t believe I picked the winner of 3 of the 4 majors (I think, IIRC) and that was only good enough to earn me third place in the season-long standings. A testament to how knowledgeable the folks here are at picking this stuff. Mad props to the winners, especially tbyers!

Oh, and like all of you I am in awe at mkirsh for his handling of this thing. FedEx Cup, here we come!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I can’t believe I picked the winner of 3 of the 4 majors (I think, IIRC) and that was only good enough to earn me third place in the season-long standings. A testament to how knowledgeable the folks here are at picking this stuff. Mad props to the winners, especially tbyers!

Oh, and like all of you I am in awe at mkirsh for his handling of this thing. FedEx Cup, here we come!
    I picked the winner in 3 of the 4 majors (Thomas, Fitzpatrick, and Cam Smith) as well but never managed to win any single event. I guess high level consistency won in the end. Kind of like the FedEx Cup until a few years ago when you could win the whole thing without winning any of the playoff events. Where do I collect my $10 million bonus??

Seriously, thanks to mr synellinden for coming up with the idea and mkirsh for putting in the leg work. I really do enjoy the format.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

There were some really good teams. I can tell you that I do better when I take the time to do research and not just pick guys, particularly guys that I like. Sure games like this take some luck but you really make your own luck by making well informed picks.

Congrats to all the winners, very well done. mkirsh, thanks for doing all the work (I'm assuming you have scripts doing the work, if you ever need help there, let me know).

President's Cup

I have floated the idea before of trying to do something for the Ryder Cup, but people didn't seem interested. I'm trying to think of a way for us to have a President's Cup contest. The President's Cup format is similar to, but not the same as, the Ryder Cup, except that President's Cup is U.S. versus the rest of the world except Europe. The contest will be held in late September, and it is being played near Charlotte. If I can come up with a contest format, is anyone interested?
    r

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I have floated the idea before of trying to do something for the Ryder Cup, but people didn't seem interested. I'm trying to think of a way for us to have a President's Cup contest. The President's Cup format is similar to, but not the same as, the Ryder Cup, except that President's Cup is U.S. versus the rest of the world except Europe. The contest will be held in late September, and it is being played near Charlotte. If I can come up with a contest format, is anyone interested?
    r
    I think that would be fun! I assume same salary cap concept based on OWGR points playing for total points won by selected players? Likely need to have a smaller cap and smaller teams, and much greater likelihood for ties but if anyone has ideas let’s get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    r
    While the President's Cup will probably never reach the stature of the Ryder Cup (just too much history to overtake), the emergence of Cam Smith, Niemann, and so many Asians (too many to name) will make the President's Cup more interesting than it has been in the past. There are other potential comers as well.

Just look at the flags at the top of The Open leaderboard. I count 8 non-USA/Europe flags in the top 20. Though born on the U.S. side of the border, it appears Ancer would play for Mexico.

https://www.theopen.com/leaderboard

I extend my congrats as well to the winners, and a thanks again to mkirsh for doing the yeoman's work to make it all happen. You run an incredibly smooth ship, and I greatly appreciate it!!!

I'd be up for the FedEx Cup as well, but I'll understand if it's too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    There were some really good teams. I can tell you that I do better when I take the time to do research and not just pick guys, particularly guys that I like. Sure games like this take some luck but you really make your own luck by making well informed picks.

Congrats to all the winners, very well done. mkirsh, thanks for doing all the work (I'm assuming you have scripts doing the work, if you ever need help there, let me know).
    If I'd done a little research, I would not have picked JT in The Open. He's never made the top ten. Not that it would have helped me much. I'm in if we do a Fed-Ex or President's Cup challenge.