Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Status update

Jim,
    I’ve appreciated all of your DBR writings. Best of luck always.
    I’ll catch you on Twitter.

This is a big loss for DBR. Thank you very much for all the great articles you’ve contributed to this site. I will miss your coverage as you are both a great Duke fan and a talented writer.
    Bob Green

I look forward to reading the book or books you’re going to write. Thanks for your reporting for DBR.

Huge loss

Jim,

I'm so sorry to hear this, because I've greatly enjoyed your articles over the years. As others have said, I hope you will still contribute on the forums.

Best of luck with your other projects.

Matt

Jim - What a poor, short-sighted decision on SBN's part. You are such a mainstay of DBR. Totally enjoyed your articles and great posts on the forum. Will greatly miss your writing. Very much hope you'll still post. Good luck with everything - and a big thanks for all your contributions to Duke sports.

So sorry to hear about this, Jim. You were one of the main reasons I decided to start posting here. I highly respect and appreciate all that you’ve done for the Duke community, and especially for the Duke basketball program. Your insights and writing will be missed.

I hope you have a wonderful life going forward.

Definitely a sad moment in DBR history.

@jls1950ral for those that use the blue bird.

Jim,

Also reiterating all that’s been said, your articles will be missed. Competition for on-line ad revenue is intense and am surprised SBN wouldn’t work with you.

A big mistake by SBN - any amount of Jim Summer writing is better than none. Please keep posting here if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Well, this is unwelcome news.

Is there a reason the poster named jimsumner wouldn’t be allowed or wouldn’t care to post occasionally on EK, as different from the essayist named Jim Sumner, whose articles/essays will no longer appear on the front page?
    No, I can still post here. But I'm going to take a hiatus for the foreseeable future. My choice. Still processing things. I'll float down the stream for awhile and see where I end up.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Thanks so much for ALL of your contributions, Jim. It's not a stretch to say that DBR wouldn't be all that it is without what you've given.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    A big mistake by SBN - any amount of Jim Summer writing is better than none. Please keep posting here if you can.
    This!

Why not capitulate to a guy as talented as Jim? I'd be happy with one article a month, for example.

Whoever decided to let Jim go made a moronic miscalculation of epic proportions.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Big loss for us. Best wishes on the book and other projects.

Somehow I missed your posts on Slavery, Succession and the Civil War. If you get a chance, maybe you can point me in the right direction.
    Don’t seem to be able to link the thread, but you can find it in Off Topic, p. 84, starting on 5/7/16. The thread has some brief discussion of “real Southerners,” then a good bit of military history, and gradually turns to a discussion of the secession winter of 1860-61. And that then leads to some consideration of Lincoln, the logic/illogic of secession, honor, and power. Impossible to summarize, not to mention unfair, as I was one of the participants, along with jimsumner, Olympic Fan, swood1000, others.

It was ... lively.

I too will miss your articles with their well written insights. Further, I will miss you wit which has been such a wonderful contribution here. My best to you in your ongoing endeavors. Please keep us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    No, I can still post here. But I'm going to take a hiatus for the foreseeable future. My choice. Still processing things. I'll float down the stream for awhile and see where I end up.
    A glimmer of hope. Don’t stay gone too long. We’ll be missing you.

I will miss your writing. Your game recaps were the best.

Big loss for this community. Best of luck, Jim. Now over to twitter to follow….

Ugh! I hate this. I always read your thoughts before I would even discuss mine with anyone. Just and incredibly insightful writer and I will miss your writing.

Jim,

Thank you for all of your great contributions. Like many others, I have shifted most of my attention to the boards but it is your writing that kept me checking the main page. It will be missed. I hope at some point you come back to the boards as I enjoy your perspectives.

Best of luck in your other endeavors and let us know what you do as I know there are a lot of buyers here.

Thanks for all of your contributions, Jim. You’ve made DBR a much better place.