New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Come tailgate with The True Blue Cue Crew for Duke football games in 2022

Duke is happily (I think, I hope!) making welcome changes to the tailgating experience on campus this season. The atmosphere is already great, as anyone who has been on Blue Devil Alley can attest to, but this year the Card Gym Lot will no longer be for Iron Duke parking, but for "the centralized tailgate area for everyone, creating an electric and vibrant experience."

TBCC (True Blue Cue Crew) has been on the Alley since it's first year, and has been tailgating together as a group of friends that met on DBR for even longer. Just as Duke set up BDA to help usher in Coach Cutcliffe's revitalization of the program and of the game day experience, they are doing it again as the Elko Era takes off.

We are inviting you to come be a part of our unbeatable experience, and "to be there" as Duke Football enters a new phase.

Of course Duke doesn't give us our tents for free (we have two), but since we've been there since day one we are grandfathered into the price that we paid way back when, which has since doubled. Each of our members contributes a small cost that helps cover our heads, literally. ($75, which takes care of you and your family.)

The "Cue Crew" (myself and TNTdevil) are the game day chefs. Each game brings a new menu, served up fresh off of one of our large grills. One game may be BBQ, one may be the classic burgers and dogs, while others may be burritos or ribeye steaks. We take pride in always being unique and top quality.

Drinks of the adult nature are provided by you, but there is always The Tasting Table, which is contributed to every game by the likes of August West, DevilDeac, Fuse, etc...true beer aficionados.

The tent always has a TV on hand for those that wish to watch other games, or on really hot days enjoy our shade instead of the bowl of fire that makes up Wallace Wade.

Please direct any inquiries via PM to Ozzie, our liaison to the Duke event folks. Feel free to ask him more questions, or post them here.

One last thing...our tailgates are an ALL DAY AFFAIR! Even for 7PM kickoffs, I'll be out there by 9AM, firing up the grill and getting the food of the day prepped. We happily claim to be the first to arrive and the last to leave.

DukeMiami 083.jpg

TG1.jpg

JenAndNotreDameTailgate 036.jpg

JenAndNotreDameTailgate 088.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Oh yes, oh yes! That looks amazing. Hope to join you for a game this upcoming season. Thanks for putting the invites out.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    Oh yes, oh yes! That looks amazing. Hope to join you for a game this upcoming season. Thanks for putting the invites out.
    Obviously anyone that is only able to make it to a game or two instead of the whole season is still more than welcome to join us! It's always great putting DBR names to actual faces. And you never know, you might run into a bball player or two during the day.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Looks worth the trip! Hope to be there!

are they back in card lot after being moved to Bassett drive for spring game?

Those tomahawk steaks look magnificent! This is tempting!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    are they back in card lot after being moved to Bassett drive for spring game?
    Yes, that was just a temporary setup. I loved that location, though! For a true game day, though, it would be rather small.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Those tomahawk steaks look magnificent! This is tempting!
    Like I said, each game we have a unique menu. The only "constants" are our jalapeno poppers and foot long Costco dogs.
    Those ribeyes were insane!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Yes, that was just a temporary setup. I loved that location, though! For a true game day, though, it would be rather small.

Like I said, each game we have a unique menu. The only "constants" are our jalapeno poppers and foot long Costco dogs.
    Those ribeyes were insane!
    The jalapeño poppers are affectionately called ABTs, short for Atomic Buffalo Turds. And they deliciously addictive!

Members and guests pay for the food we provide each game (in addition to the annual membership fee). Food is $20 per person. Kids under 12 eat free. No proof of age required for the kids, unless they want to sample the adult beverages at the sharing table!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I'm bringing this topic back up since I've posted our first menu & attendance thread. (We're kicking off the season with a Mexican tailgate!)

With a little over two weeks left, there is still time to join us for the season. (And of course those out of towners who are coming in for select games, we'd love to enjoy your company as well.)
    Anyone interested can send a message to Ozzie, who will clue you in on becoming a member of one of the best tailgate tents on Blue Devil Alley. Follow this link to connect with him. https://forums.dukebasketballreport...p?do=newpm&u=8

For those interested in what you'll be eating during our first tailgate of the season, I've got the menu posted here.

http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6101

Duke has released the game day map of the Card Lot, and I like the changes a lot. The lot full of cars is replaced with food trucks, a game section, and a student tailgate. Thankfully Blue Devil Alley (where our TG is located) stays the same. The Devil's Walk has been moved to the side by the tennis courts, which is a minor bummer since I enjoyed seeing the team and band march past our tents, but having it go next to the student tailgate now is smart.
    Here's the map.
    https://goduke.com/documents/2022/8/...ate_FanMap.pdf

And here's general info.
    https://goduke.com/news/2022/8/18/du...all-games.aspx

Glad I took a half day, looks awesome! Thanks for posting the info.

Tossing out our menu for Saturday and currently doing pre-game prep. If you're pondering showing up to watch us start off the season 3-0 while hungry, we'd love to have you drop in and join us. We do ask that you let me know either on the M&A thread or through PM that you're coming so I can guarantee your plates will be full, and remember to please donate to the onsite cookie jar so that we can afford the next game's menu.

For A&T I'm bringing Italy to Blue Devil Alley.
    http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6104

It might be wet, but we'll be there.
    This time with pork BBQ and brisket. (All of which was smoked for 16 hours last night.)

http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6107

PorkNBrisket.jpg

In the last home game of the season, we FINALLY get a 3:30 kickoff! If you are planning on attending Senior Day next week vs Wake, you are more than welcome to come join us on Blue Devil Alley as we close out our year with good food, good beer, and even better friends.

I've posted our menu which promises to be turkey free. Here's a short take on the main dishes. (I'm doing a stew extravaganza.)
    Main Menu
    • Grilled Steak Chili
    • Brunswick Stew (smoked chicken based)
    • Pork Stew
    • Ratatouille (veggie stew)

If you do plan on joining us, drop a note in the thread or PM me so I can add you to our count.
    http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6118

LGD!