We have a thread on ‘22-‘23 MBB national preseason rankings, way-too-early stuff. And recently the transfer portal thread has included discussion especially of where UNC should/will be ranked next preseason.

I hope it’s not jumping the gun to offer a thread on our MBB ACC standings predictions. Here’s a start. I am not entirely confident about these predictions, as it appears a few transfer portal guys are yet to decide. More important, I just don’t know much about incoming transfers on many ACC teams who may be expected to play major minutes; I think some of you do know about some of these guys.

So mine are at best semi-educated guesses. More than willing to be educated, told I’ve got team X or Y way in the wrong tier. I guess what follows is a vague #1-15 guess, but for now I’m more interested in whether these tiers are approximately correct, plausible. Are UL and Cuse likely to fall that much? Should UNC be in its own top tier? [NOOOO!] Should the top tier be 2 teams? Four? Might both Pitt and BC be sneaky dangerous?

That said:

Top tier
UNC
Duke
UVa

Challengers for top tier, and ACCT double-bye
FSU
Miami
ND
VT

Middle tier
Clemson