Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Does taking other people's spouses and/or kids on vacation count?
    Means you're awesome, but we already knew.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Regarding the toothbrush problem - I put the toilet seat down before I flush. I will admit that Number 2 son taught me this habit when he was a teenager because the thought of toilet water on his toothbrush skeeved him out. I would not call it a weird thing that I do because I do it to prevent spraying my toothbrush with toilet water.

Weird thing that I do: I cannot walk through a public park without imagining where I would stage an outdoor Shakespeare production. Once I've figured out where in the park would work best, I think imagine which play would be best served by the location.

I might not be alone in this one, but I eavesdrop in public all the time. If you are having a conversation near me, particularly on public transportation, I'm listening. I don't fill in back stories for DBR posters, but I do fill in back stories for the people around me, all the time. I'm a playwright. Inspiration for more than one of my plays came from snippets of overheard conversation.

Clemmonsdevil laid down the gauntlet.

Bostondevil is a mild mannered mom until she gets angry. You might like her when she's angry or you might not. She turns into a giant Duke blue cross between the Hulk and the Tasmanian Devil with the goal of fixing injustices and improving public health. Her main weapon is withering criticism that strikes where the combatant's ego is most fragile.

Is that my back story, CD?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

Bostondevil is a mild mannered mom until she gets angry. You might like her when she's angry or you might not. She turns into a giant Duke blue cross between the Hulk and the Tasmanian Devil with the goal of fixing injustices and improving public health. Her main weapon is withering criticism that strikes where the combatant's ego is most fragile.

Much better than a multi-pierced tatooed freak with zero social skills. Even if she is a genius.

If you say it is!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Much better than a multi-pierced tatooed freak with zero social skills. Even if she is a genius.
    I wouldn't say zero Aimo.

I’ve never had a sushi meal that I didn’t finish on a salmon nigiri with the exception of my very first experience.

I’ve made entire tables wait while I ordered another piece if someone ate the last piece at the table and prevented me from capping off my dining experience as I wanted.

My friends and family are afraid to go after the salmon now unless they know I’m done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I’ve never had a sushi meal that I didn’t finish on a salmon nigiri with the exception of my very first experience.

I’ve made entire tables wait while I ordered another piece if someone ate the last piece at the table and prevented me from capping off my dining experience as I wanted.

My friends and family are afraid to go after the salmon now unless they know I’m done with it.
    I once had a sushi meal at a non Japanese place about which I had suspicions (they had no idea what unagi was) and I should have listened to the warning voice in my head. Profoundly sick for days.
    (I know I'm wandering off course hear, but this IS the LTE...have you guys read about how the sushi trade in the U.S. is dominated by the Moonies?) No disrespect to the Moonies, by the way...love me my sushi.

Regarding the toothbrush problem - I put the toilet seat down before I flush. I will admit that Number 2 son taught me this habit when he was a teenager because the thought of toilet water on his toothbrush skeeved him out. I would not call it a weird thing that I do because I do it to prevent spraying my toothbrush with toilet water.
    Probably shouldn't call your kid "number 2" when talking about the toilet.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post

I have never respected a post more in my entire life. This is like the sushi version of the dance Sam Cassell used to do when he hit a huge shot.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    1950s test pilot.
    Crap - how did you find that out?! You obviously have great reach and the highest security clearances available. This is worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    No hablo Harry Potter - haven't read any of the books or seen the movies. No interest. I know that fits well into this thread of being a weird thing about me, though my wife shares my opinion on this. My older son read all of the books and just saw the show on Broadway.

I googled it and from what I can tell, there is some linkage between that scene and this song, which is a huge favorite in my family, despite not being our typical genre, but I thought I would earworm everyone:

Fun fact - the final dance in this year's production of As You Like It is done to this song. I get to boogie with the Staff of Power being restored to my ducal powers at the end. Yes, I play the Duke.

Almost afraid to know what my backstory is.......
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Weird, but loving, thing I do: 17 years old mini schnauzer (rescued 8 years ago) who is pretty good shape for his age, but is completely deaf. I still talk to him constantly. At night I lie down beside him, cuddle, and tell him the same bedtime story about how he came to stay with us temporarily while looking for a new home … but then he decided to adopt us.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Almost afraid to know what my backstory is....
    I'm not letting that thing you were trying to hide out. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Dude.
    A lesson in quaternions helps.

But I will give you this cautionary note:
    Quaternions do not obey the Associative Principle of Mathematics (order is important).

Which reminds me of a serious lesson in metrics..
    A Duke student is asked to measure the height of a tall flagpole by a UNC friend (not a contradiction in terms).
    So rather than climbing the flagpole, the Dukie takes it down, measures the length and puts the flagpole up again.
    The UNC friend says, " Typical Dukie! I asked for the height, not the width."

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Weird, but loving, thing I do: 17 years old mini schnauzer (rescued 8 years ago) who is pretty good shape for his age, but is completely deaf. I still talk to him constantly. At night I lie down beside him, cuddle, and tell him the same bedtime story about how he came to stay with us temporarily while looking for a new home … but then he decided to adopt us.
    I’m not crying , you’re crying!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Oh. And I also make up elaborate back stories for every single person who posts on here. All of you. Every single one. Based on your username.

For example there's someone on here named something like 75 devil. In my mind 75 devil is a Consortium and only posts that get approval from at least 38 members of the Consortium are posted. I wish I were joking about this. I'm fairly certain this is a cry for help.
    ooo!! ooo !! do mine...do mine...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    ooo!! ooo !! do mine...do mine...
    Love Child of Buzz Aldrin and Lucille Ball. She had a LOT of 'splainin to do. A LOT.