Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Oh yours is a good one! You live in Florida and are Matthew McConaughey in "A Time to Kill". You have GREAT hair.
    You have no idea how close that is to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    You have no idea how close that is to reality.
    Haha! Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I don't know how to tell you this, but your friend was at least partially right.

The reason soda spills out when you open the can or bottle is that carbonation that is close to but below the surface escapes when you open it, and it takes some of the liquid with it.

If you tap gently on the SIDE of the can or bottle, this allows said carbonation to escape into the air above the soda, so that when you open it, it can escape without bringing the soda along.

Most people tap the top of the can, as if they are going to push the carbonation down into the soda. That doesn't work. But the tapping the side of the can actually does. If you do it with a bottle you can actually see it work.
    If you lie the can on its' side, top it on the top (which is technically its' side) then you ARE tapping what is its top at the time. The re-orient the can upright and walla.

Larry
    DevilHorse

I always have to rinse my cup/glass out before drinking out of it. It doesn’t matter if I just did dishes or got them out of the dishwasher. I take it to the sink again, 1/3 fill, swirl and empty then rinse the outside lip.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I always have to rinse my cup/glass out before drinking out of it. It doesn’t matter if I just did dishes or got them out of the dishwasher. I take it to the sink again, 1/3 fill, swirl and empty then rinse the outside lip.
    You weren’t in the movie Signs were you?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    You weren’t in the movie Signs were you?
    O god I’ve never seen it so I don’t get the reference.

That said I did start the habit when we were living in a house that was in the middle of a corn field. Creepy at night when the corn is grown.

if you keep your toothbrush within 6 feet of your toilet you are in effect brushing with toilet water, Just sayin. Would love to hear the backstory on OPK. I assume it involves discredited psychiatric practices from the 1940s.

Me! Do me!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    if you keep your toothbrush within 6 feet of your toilet you are in effect brushing with toilet water, Just sayin. Would love to hear the backstory on OPK. I assume it involves discredited psychiatric practices from the 1940s.
    And a toilet can throw feculent material that far as well. Whereas Bundabergdevil and I can post feculent material across the interwebs.

Oooh that is actually fairly close. Escaped and sentient lab rat. Still on the run from NIMH. Posts on here as a means to contact the outside world and many of his posts are laced with cryptic messages. HIIFAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Me! Do me!
    1950s test pilot.

And a toilet can throw feculent material that far as well. Whereas Bundabergdevil and I can post feculent material across the interwebs.
    Don't you guys use a forcefield (sometimes known as a wall) to prevent this from happening?

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Don't you guys use a forcefield (sometimes known as a wall) to prevent this from happening?

Larry
    DevilHorse

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Yes. It's generally known as the longest thread ever. Also when that UFO thread started I made a couple of posts, but then you made a couple that were exceptionally deep and scientific and I thought to myself: "I'm going to keep my damn mouth shut and just read." I did the same thing in the pandemic thread with RSV, John B and Boston devil. I'm an exceptionally average white guy and at least I recognize it. Scratch that. I'm not even that great at being average.

Also why I don’t keep my toothbrush or anything really inside the bathroom. I have a small table beside the bathroom door for towels, rags, etc…

O god I’ve never seen it so I don’t get the reference.

That said I did start the habit when we were living in a house that was in the middle of a corn field. Creepy at night when the corn is grown.
    How'd you know about the creepy cornfield thing then, huh? Something here doesn't add up!

The Aimo with the dragon tattoo.
    For those of you who are wondering, I am answering him personally on this one.

If you lie the can on its' side, top it on the top (which is technically its' side) then you ARE tapping what is its top at the time. The re-orient the can upright and walla.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Dude.

Also why I don’t keep my toothbrush or anything really inside the bathroom. I have a small table beside the bathroom door for towels, rags, etc…
    Interesting. This didn't occur to me. As a matter of fact I just started storing my toothbrush in my toilet. You're making me re-evaluate that decision.

0h, oh I learned a new word! Can’t wait to use it as a gerund.

Does taking other people's spouses and/or kids on vacation count?