Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    I clearly agree.

But in the eyes of non-dog people. Well, that's a dog of a different color...(mixed metaphor)
    It's you. Do all of you agree or some combination greater than 38?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Yes we do air conditioning devil.
    ‘My name is AC – you know who I am g**dammit!’ -ACDevil in my head. Every. Single. Post.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Here's another question, though. Do you brush up and down, or sideways?

My "weird" habit (may not be that weird to the dog lovers here) is that I can't pass by my Augie (Airedale) without talking to him or skritching/petting him. And I talk to him all throughout our walks. If there was a "crazy dog man" category, I think I would fit right in.

(sorry about the orientation - don't know how to fix it)

Attachment 14672
    I would call the aspca on someone who doesn’t do this. As a kid I talked to my dog all the time and my mom would come home from work every night and vent to the dog, who would just smile and wag her tail back at my mom (Wheaten Terrier so similar to yours).

I wanna know my backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I wanna know my backstory.
    I don't want to print it all on here, but suffice it to say you've killed before.

I'm guessing mine is fairly straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm guessing mine is fairly straightforward.
    Of course not. It's convoluted and ridiculous.

Oh. And I also make up elaborate back stories for every single person who posts on here. All of you. Every single one. Based on your username.

For example there's someone on here named something like 75 devil. In my mind 75 devil is a Consortium and only posts that get approval from at least 38 members of the Consortium are posted. I wish I were joking about this. I'm fairly certain this is a cry for help.
    Do you use this thread to help with the backstories, or would that be cheating?

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Do you use this thread to help with the backstories, or would that be cheating?
    Hi Noodles. I thought you had an extraordinary career for the Ramblin wreck. I am aware of that thread of Lies.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    I shake the milk carton before opening.
    I have this habit, as well, learned in Alaska, where the milk was often old and separated (i.e. undrinkable) by the time it was getting used. Of course, that was before skim milk was a thing, but the habit remains.

Similarly, I tap on the top of my Coke (not Pepsi or Dr. Pepper) can before opening it. I was told this reduces the chances of it rudely splattering things when I open it. I have come to believe that the physical act of tapping has nothing to do with this alleged phenomenon, but it does induce a slight delay before opening, and the delay may help. So the habit stays.

BTW, on the original question, I've heard of people who brush with a dry toothbrush (e.g. my wife before she met me), and people who wet the toothbrush before brushing (e.g. sane people, including my now-cured spouse), but I've never heard of anyone wetting the toothbrush AFTER putting on toothpaste. It strikes me as a good way to lose your toothpaste.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post

Similarly, I tap on the top of my Coke (not Pepsi or Dr. Pepper) can before opening it. I was told this reduces the chances of it rudely splattering things when I open it. I have come to believe that the physical act of tapping has nothing to do with this alleged phenomenon, but it does induce a slight delay before opening, and the delay may help. So the habit stays.
    I work in medicine and saw a very well-educated friend do this and I flipped out because his rationale was thumping it stopped the fizzing. I asked this person to approach the National Institutes of Health about a randomized control trial and hypothesized it was the built-in delay rather than actually thumping which causes this. So at least you have said that part. Delay is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I have this habit, as well, learned in Alaska, where the milk was often old and separated (i.e. undrinkable) by the time it was getting used. Of course, that was before skim milk was a thing, but the habit remains.

BTW, on the original question, I've heard of people who brush with a dry toothbrush (e.g. my wife before she met me), and people who wet the toothbrush before brushing (e.g. sane people, including my now-cured spouse), but I've never heard of anyone wetting the toothbrush AFTER putting on toothpaste. It strikes me as a good way to lose your toothpaste.
    I tap on my Dr Pepper and beer cans for the same reason I click my tongs while I’m at the grill: give thanks to the almighty bro god.

Oh. And I also make up elaborate back stories for every single person who posts on here. All of you. Every single one. Based on your username.

For example there's someone on here named something like 75 devil. In my mind 75 devil is a Consortium and only posts that get approval from at least 38 members of the Consortium are posted. I wish I were joking about this. I'm fairly certain this is a cry for help.
    The member responsible for the one post that snuck out without approval was dealt with most severely. The consortium does not assimilate, it annihilates.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    The member responsible for the one post that snuck out without approval was dealt with most severely. The consortium does not assimilate, it annihilates.
    I knew it!!!!!

I want to know my backstory. Interesting sidebar, that.

My weird thing is I hang my shirts starting with short sleeve no collar, short sleeve collar, long sleeve no collar, long sleeve collar. Distribute all light color to dark color. Wife likes to F with my OCD, and my kids bring friends in to see the crazy guys closet.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I want to know my backstory. Interesting sidebar, that.
    https://youtu.be/UNV44oqUF6k

This.

https://youtu.be/UNV44oqUF6k

This.
    Hah. The guy named ‘Fidel’ wonders about his back story!

I’m changing my handle to Vlad.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hah. The guy named ‘Fidel’ wonders about his back story!

I’m changing my handle to Vlad.
    Exactly. Low hanging fruit there. Also yours involves a secret plot to injure Sheldon Williams, Bundabergdevil.

And I'm really not kidding about any of this. I literally have thought Colonel Montoya every time I have ever seen a post from Fidel. Every single time. I have children and I take care of exceptionally sick babies by the way.

I was a highwayman,
    Along the coast road I did ride —
    A sword and pistol by my side.

I do too many odd things to list.

Quote Originally Posted by oldphikap View Post
    i was a highwayman,
    along the coast road i did ride —
    a sword and pistol by my side.

I do too many odd things to list.
    yaifal.