Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Weird Little Things You Do

So I read this survey about teeth brushing routines. Specifically, the survey asked 1) whether you wet the brush BEFORE you put toothpaste on it, and 2) whether you wet the brush AFTER you put toothpaste on it.

I wet both before and after toothpaste application. I had never stopped to consider there was another way. My parents do not do it this way so I developed the habit on my own. Why is this my preferred approach? I don't know but I would feel incomplete and exposed and immensely unsatisfied if I were to NOT get a chance to wet both before and after.

Got some weird little things and habits you do?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    So I read this survey about teeth brushing routines. Specifically, the survey asked 1) whether you wet the brush BEFORE you put toothpaste on it, and 2) whether you wet the brush AFTER you put toothpaste on it.

I wet both before and after toothpaste application. I had never stopped to consider there was another way. My parents do not do it this way so I developed the habit on my own. Why is this my preferred approach? I don't know but I would feel incomplete and exposed and immensely unsatisfied if I were to NOT get a chance to wet both before and after.

Maybe you have deeper issues? 😱😂

Weird things I do?

I talk to myself at the grocery store. I mutter things like "ooh, we need avocados. Nope, too expensive."

This practice really amped up over COVID with mask wearing.

I wet before. Makes the bristles softer. My wife does not and taught my kids that way so I have been undoing the damage she has done to them and gotten them in the habit of wetting.

I have a long list of similar things - I am a creature of habit but have become more aware of my habits and try to be more flexible, particularly now that I have two kids who have similar habits.

Apparently preferring my burgers not to have cheese on them qualifies as a valid response to your question!

I shake the milk carton before opening.

I'm bypassing the brushing thing, but do PB and M* sandwiches count?

M* - Mayonnaise**

**Okay it's actually Miracle Whip.

Then there's this Tang and powederd milk thing, but it's complicated.

I had season tickets to Duke football the last few years.

(I’ve renewed for next year, hopefully with better results.)

i save all the nuts, bolts, screws, clips, misc that come with things that i have to assemble....even when they should have all been used during assembly...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Maybe you have deeper issues? 😱😂
    Agreed. We reported you to the proper authorities. Thinking there is either medication you are taking too much or too little of.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i save all the nuts, bolts, screws, clips, misc that come with things that i have to assemble...even when they should have all been used during assembly...
    I do this as well and have for 25 years or so. So I have a collection of assorted screws a varying sizes that numbers in the hundreds. And I have had cause to use one of these screws on probably five occasions or so. And I could have purchased screws to accomplish whatever I was doing for probably a grand total of $1.22. And not had to store all those damn screws. Yet I still manage to nod approvingly when I find one of those screws that works.

I don't have any idea if I wet before or after applying toothpaste, so the answer is probably either. My weirdest quirk is probably that everything I hear at work, talking to friends or watching anything on TV makes me think in terms of 90s gangster rap lyrics or 70s and 80s Country lyrics. And sometimes I say them right out loud.

Oh. And I also make up elaborate back stories for every single person who posts on here. All of you. Every single one. Based on your username.

For example there's someone on here named something like 75 devil. In my mind 75 devil is a Consortium and only posts that get approval from at least 38 members of the Consortium are posted. I wish I were joking about this. I'm fairly certain this is a cry for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Weird things I do?

I talk to myself at the grocery store. I mutter things like "ooh, we need avocados. Nope, too expensive."

When you go out in public wearing Bluetooth earbuds people think it's weird if you aren't talking to thin air.

How times have changed.

Here's another question, though. Do you brush up and down, or sideways?

My "weird" habit (may not be that weird to the dog lovers here) is that I can't pass by my Augie (Airedale) without talking to him or skritching/petting him. And I talk to him all throughout our walks. If there was a "crazy dog man" category, I think I would fit right in.

(sorry about the orientation - don't know how to fix it)

Augie face.jpg

when done brushing, do you just spit out the paste or do you swish in a bunch of water and then spit? I'm a major swisher, I am.

and of course when I mow the lawn (aka cut the grass) I have patterns I generally stick to, though occasionally I get a wild hair and try a new pattern, which can be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Here's another question, though. Do you brush up and down, or sideways?

My "weird" habit (may not be that weird to the dog lovers here) is that I can't pass by my Augie (Airedale) without talking to him or skritching/petting him. And I talk to him all throughout our walks. If there was a "crazy dog man" category, I think I would fit right in.

(sorry about the orientation - don't know how to fix it)

Augie face.jpg
    There's nothing weird about that at all. That's just being human. It would be weird if you didn't do that, in my opinion.

yes, dogs are to be appreciated, pampered and fondled.

Wet the brush, add the toothpaste, wet the toothpaste. This is the way. I don't think my parents thought me this either, maybe we learned it from TV? Wetting the brush softens the bristles (also rinses them out a bit) and makes the toothpaste stick better. Wetting the toothpaste softens it a bit and makes the toothpaste lather you faster* once you start brushing. I agree that not being able to do both would be unsettling.

*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.

Weird things I do?

I have a similar habit that I have been fighting since I was a kid. Whenever I'm thinking about a conversation (replaying one that I had earlier, or practicing for one that I plan to have, for example) there is a risk that I will start mouthing along with that conversation while I'm thinking about it. Sometimes complete with the accompanying hand gestures and facial expressions. It is...not great. I'm not "talking to myself" but it sure as hell looks like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Oh. And I also make up elaborate back stories for every single person who posts on here. All of you. Every single one. Based on your username.

For example there's someone on here named something like 75 devil. In my mind 75 devil is a Consortium and only posts that get approval from at least 38 members of the Consortium are posted. I wish I were joking about this. I'm fairly certain this is a cry for help.
    We need a separate thread where you fill us in on the various back stories.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    We need a separate thread where you fill us in on the various back stories.
    Yes we do air conditioning devil.

There's nothing weird about that at all. That's just being human. It would be weird if you didn't do that, in my opinion.
    I clearly agree.

But in the eyes of non-dog people. Well, that's a dog of a different color...(mixed metaphor)