Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Could be worse .I paid for primo tickets
    For April 25th 1989 to go see them in Columbia sc. Took two tabs of acid .I have no idea if I actually went .I'm told I did .in hindsight that was a bad choice . 89 was a wild year for me before hurricane Hugo.
    Saw The Who in Raleigh in 1989. Some idiot woman behind us passed out during the first song and missed the whole thing. Her friends laid her on the concrete in front of their bleacher and kept stepping on her throughout the show. We were betting she was dead, but she woke up right as it was ending.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Nah Microdot I purchased at a phish concert. Not one of my better choices .
    Should have walked away . Never touched it again.
    I'm not sure of the exact chemical compound or if there's a difference in types .why they made it in the first place or what actual intended purpose.
    I’d like to try acid but only if I were assured a good experience and I weren’t terrified.

“Radio Free Europe” was inescapable on the radio in 1981, or I might have missed out on REM. I was in law school at USC at the time and the hot unsigned local bands were X, the Blasters, the Plimsouls, and Los Lobos. After the library closed at 11 p.m., you could race downtown or to Hollywood and catch the last set for $6-8. And when I went home to NJ for the summer, Marshall Crenshaw was pretty much the house band at Maxwell’s.

Quite a time.
    Last edited by burnspbesq; 06-23-2022 at 07:00 PM.

Didn't run, just thought it was an interesting comparison

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I wonder if duketaylor really just dropped this bomb thread and ran?
    Just catching up to the thread now. I have two restaurants/bars I frequent that put on DMB station fairly frequently. I've had limited exposure to them even though they reside 60 miles away, yet REM was huge when I was in Durham and just after. I felt like both were huge on campus. REM seemed to be more commercial and make
    more $$$ (I never/rarely hear DMB on radio stations I listen to). I realize now DMB makes a ton of money and has a very dedicated fanbase. I don't know if DMB has any song(s) that compare to some of REM's hits like "Losing My Religion" or "Man on the Moon." Being an old guy I just wanted to ask the question, is it a fair comparison? Bruce was blared on campus when I got to Durham: I had no idea who that was at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    I don't know if DMB has any song(s) that compare to some of REM's hits like "Losing My Religion" or "Man on the Moon."
    Compare how? I can’t think of any DMB songs that sync up with these musically. REM was straight forward pop.

DMB has a different style. I can’t imagine the DMB drummer filling in on an REM song, for example.

For mood I could propose a few.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Compare how? I can’t think of any DMB songs that sync up with these musically. REM was straight forward pop.

DMB has a different style. I can’t imagine the DMB drummer filling in on an REM song, for example.

Hunh?!? You need to go back to the REALLY old stuff. Back when they were good.

I’d like to try acid but only if I were assured a good experience and I weren’t terrified.
    Can't say I'd recommend it. Had a few flashbacks .haven't had any in a decade.
    But those can be stressful .
    You might be OK in a office setting .but lifting 60 tons and it's shimmering like water isn't a fun experience.
    Maybe a older experienced person could help you out.gratefull dead phish concerts.there's usually a few old heads around there that have a unofficial doctorate
    In acidolgy lol

i wold suggest a VERY low dosage first...and make sure you're around friends....one at least not imbibing...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Just catching up to the thread now. I have two restaurants/bars I frequent that put on DMB station fairly frequently. I've had limited exposure to them even though they reside 60 miles away, yet REM was huge when I was in Durham and just after. I felt like both were huge on campus. REM seemed to be more commercial and make
    more $$$ (I never/rarely hear DMB on radio stations I listen to). I realize now DMB makes a ton of money and has a very dedicated fanbase. I don't know if DMB has any song(s) that compare to some of REM's hits like "Losing My Religion" or "Man on the Moon." Being an old guy I just wanted to ask the question, is it a fair comparison? Bruce was blared on campus when I got to Durham: I had no idea who that was at the time.
    Phew. I’d started to imagine you like that little girl looking back at the house fire with a smirk on her face.

Or just don't do acid. Did y'all not listen to Nancy Reagan?!?! Plus Bundabergdevil is old as hell. And I say this as someone who does do legal things in places where they are legal. Like last week actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Or just don't do acid. Did y'all not listen to Nancy Reagan?!?! Plus Bundabergdevil is old as hell. And I say this as someone who does do legal things in places where they are legal. Like last week actually.
    My next window for experimental drug use will be retirement and kids grown and out of the house.

In some ways, experimenting when you’re much older makes a lot of sense because you’ll probably try to control all the ancillary risks except the drug tHing.

Not trying to poke, but I'm curious - do you really only do legal things where they are legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Not trying to poke, but I'm curious - do you really only do legal things where they are legal?
    Officially yes. But I travel for a living.

Officially yes. But I travel for a living.
    Understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It is the darnedest thing being in a state where it’s legal. You almost can’t believe it. Like going to a wine shop and hearing them talk about the subtle flavors and textures of this and that.

The whole premise of this thread is dumb. I tried marching in rhythm to REM songs, and I wound up sending three people to the hospital when doing it in public. Children should not be exposed to that!

(Side conversation with Emily)

Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    The whole premise of this thread is dumb. I tried marching in rhythm to REM songs, and I wound up sending three people to the hospital when doing it in public. .
    I assume that's you in the corner...because somewhat put your butt in timeout.

Comparison I'm looking for is mainstream radio stations

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post

I simply don't hear much DMB on my regular radio stations unless I'm near Charlottesville listening to 3WV. I'm guessing REM was huge in Athens and other Georgia markets early before gaining a certain cult-like following. Then they exploded nationally. I've always liked REM and am beginning to get the DMB experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post

Never mind.
    Wrong band!

This warehouse frightens me.