Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    You probably ignored me or shot me down there at least once. You're a good decision maker.
    Ha! Wish I could go back in time to verify that! Of course if you actually look like what I picture you looking like, I would have run screaming onto Baity St.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Ha! Wish I could go back in time to verify that! Of course if you actually look like what I picture you looking like, I would have run screaming onto Baity St.
    That's exactly what I look like.

I still can't believe duketaylor has contributed nothing more to this thread. S/he just straight dropped the "REM=DMB" bomb, told us to discuss, and left!

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    I second this recommendation! I also recommend hitting YouTube to listen to The Lillywhite Sessions, which were earlier recordings of many of the songs which wound up on Busted Stuff (and produced by legendary producer Steve Lillywhite, who produced DMB's first three studio albums). A few of the songs are either slightly slower tempo ("Captain", "Big-Eyed Fish", "Grace Is Gone") or just hit the "sadness" theme/feel even more than the Busted Stuff versions do.

I have to share "Grey Street" from the Lillywhite Sessions, which is perhaps my favorite all-time DMB song and all about depression: https://youtu.be/aKFnkqHDF8s

"Captain": https://youtu.be/0cBNUk750Pg

"Big-Eyed Fish": https://youtu.be/kYTcrGpytX4

"Grace Is Gone": https://youtu.be/1oV3gHqn0DI
    And I will second the Lillywhite session recommendation. I think I downloaded that from Napster. Either way, it was in heavy rotation for a while. In fact, at first I didn’t like Busted Stuff. Now I like the final cuts with different producer better.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I still can't believe duketaylor has contributed nothing more to this thread. S/he just straight dropped the "REM=DMB" bomb, told us to discuss, and left!
    You mean Michael Stipe? You know that's who that is right?

You mean Michael Stipe? You know that's who that is right?
    Is he sober, yet?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Is he sober, yet?

-jk
    Must not be. He posted that and then peaced out.

Must not be. He posted that and then peaced out.
    It’s the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    It’s the end of the world as we know it.
    Had to be done. That's some fine REM.

Had to be done. That's some fine REM.
    It’s the best of what’s around.

It’s the best of what’s around.
    You're a real wizard at this.

What year was that? I just checked phish.net and there are no New Year’s shows at Variety.

The only time I saw them was actually in Atl at Lakewood in summer 98. It was fun but probably not the best venue. I have been invited to some of their shows around New Years in NYC but have never gone.
    I was thinking ‘90-‘91 but just checked that site, it shows 2 gigs there later in 1991 but not the NYE show so maybe my date is wrong. I know I saw them at a small place in DC the summer of ‘90 with Col. Bruce & ACU opening for Phish:

https://phish.net/setlists/phish-jun...on-dc-usa.html

Could be worse .I paid for primo tickets
    For April 25th 1989 to go see them in Columbia sc. Took two tabs of acid .I have no idea if I actually went .I'm told I did .in hindsight that was a bad choice . 89 was a wild year for me before hurricane Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    For April 25th 1989 to go see them in Columbia sc. Took two tabs of acid .I have no idea if I actually went .I'm told I did .in hindsight that was a bad choice . 89 was a wild year for me before hurricane Hugo.
    Ascorbic acid? Like a glass of OJ? Man. Are you allergic?

Ah, but fortunately
    I have the key
    to escape
    reality
    And you may
    see me tonight
    with an illegal smile
    It don't cost very much,
    but it lasts a long while
    Won't you please tell the man
    I didn't kill anyone
    No, I'm just tryin' to have me some fun

What happened after Hugo?

Much harder to find good acid.

Reality set back in. Met the wife and that was a wrap .hugo wrecked the area
    We (my crew) all changed after that.
    Rebuilt/repaired our homes went to work
    On repairing everyone else's stuff.
    It changed the Charleston area .quite sure everyone's lives changed in the area.
    I'm not sure it ever regained what it was .that or my perception changed.maybe some of both. Can't imagine what they went through in Florida and Louisiana.

Ascorbic acid? Like a glass of OJ? Man. Are you allergic?
    Nah Microdot I purchased at a phish concert. Not one of my better choices .
    Should have walked away . Never touched it again.
    I'm not sure of the exact chemical compound or if there's a difference in types .why they made it in the first place or what actual intended purpose.

Reality set back in. Met the wife and that was a wrap .hugo wrecked the area
    We (my crew) all changed after that.
    Rebuilt/repaired our homes went to work
    On repairing everyone else's stuff.
    It changed the Charleston area .quite sure everyone's lives changed in the area.
    I'm not sure it ever regained what it was .that or my perception changed.maybe some of both. Can't imagine what they went through in Florida and Louisiana.
    Hugo was quite a mess! One of my mom's friends ran a needlework shop in Charleston and kept stock in their garage. Kids were returning those plastic tensioning rings for several years after Hugo - they kept finding them hanging in bushes and trees.

Our farm in in the NC mountains, just south of Virginia, lost dozens of trees (mostly locusts) to Hugo. We had a guy bring a portable mill and turn them into fence posts. He got the remainder of the posts in exchange for removing all the downed trees/subsequent debris and repairing the fence where trees took it down.

-jk