Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'll get it started with this list from BetMGM of the odds to win the 2023 NBA title.

• Los Angeles Lakers: +1400
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The +xxx are what you win if you wager $100. So, +550 means you win $550 on a $100 wager.
    "So if I keep throwing money at the Lakers year after year, they're bound to succeed?" -- Rob Pelinka

I'm interested in seeing where Tyus Jones ends up. Lots of interest in him...

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'm interested in seeing where Tyus Jones ends up. Lots of interest in him...
    I had a thought watching Game 6 that he would be a nice fit with the Celtics, given Smart isn’t a true facilitator on O. A small ball lineup of Tyus, Smart, Brown, Tatum, and Williams/Horford could be interesting. Not sure if the Celtics would be interested or have the cap space though.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I had a thought watching Game 6 that he would be a nice fit with the Celtics, given Smart isn’t a true facilitator on O. A small ball lineup of Tyus, Smart, Brown, Tatum, and Williams/Horford could be interesting. Not sure if the Celtics would be interested or have the cap space though.
    I bet he sticks around in Memphis. They know his value and I suspect he does not mind being a huge piece (though not a starter) on a team that seems to have a bright future. Tyus seems to value winning.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I had the same thought. Smart is a very good defender (not at his best in the finals, though) but definitely isn't a facilitator. You never know what Brad might be thinking...I've been telling a bunch of local Celts fans how good Tyus would look in green.

NBA.com: Warriors assistant Kenny Atkinson decides not to coach Hornets

Atkinson will turn down his four-year agreement with the Hornets and remain with the 2022 NBA champions, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
    There's a Woj Bomb/tear gas/Crying Jordan joke to be made here. Some assembly required.

Either Atkinson just negotiated a huge raise or the Hornets hornet-ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Either Atkinson just negotiated a huge raise or the Hornets hornet-ed.
    I googled the story to find out more and came across this tweet

https://twitter.com/big_business_/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Kenny Atkinson saw all the champagne from the Warriors celebrations and told himself no way he can leave this to coach Mason Plumlee.

Rumblings of Kryie to Lakers or Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I googled the story to find out more and came across this tweet

https://twitter.com/big_business_/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Kenny Atkinson saw all the champagne from the Warriors celebrations and told himself no way he can leave this to coach Mason Plumlee.
    That’s actually funny. All those that think Michael Jordan’s ownership of the Hornets has been a good thing, raise your hand. Jordan is a Daniel Snyder equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    “Hahaha no” - LeBron James, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    That’s actually funny. All those that think Michael Jordan’s ownership of the Hornets has been a good thing, raise your hand. Jordan is a Daniel Snyder equivalent.
    Yep. Jordan should stick to auto racing. That is apparently where UNC bball players were spending most of their "class" time.

Lots of talk that the Nets and Kyrie are pretty far apart on an extension and that Kyrie may look elsewhere. It is unclear how upset the Nets would be about that (I wonder what KD thinks?).

Shams Charania at the Athletic says the Lakers, Knicks, and Clippers all seem like possible destinations. Though in all three cases, the most efficient way to get Kyrie on the roster is for him to opt in to the $36.9 mil player option he has for this upcoming season and then figure out a trade. Those three teams don't really have the cap room to sign Kyrie if he opts out and becomes a free agent. Gonna be a very interesting week or so leading up to Kyrie's deadline (June 29) to decide what to do about his contract.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    On the field/court I agree. But as far as I know Jordan is nowhere near Snyder in terms of unsavory behavior and a toxic work environment.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    On the field/court I agree. But as far as I know Jordan is nowhere near Snyder in terms of unsavory behavior and a toxic work environment.
    Yea, it would take a lot to match Snyder in all categories.😡

that is what they call a highly predictable train wreck. I still like Kyrie, but I'm not sure how he fits into a team...and back with LBJ?

Looks like Zion took the fat jokes to heart: https://twitter.com/brasilcoast2/sta...WJY4eoWg3R_qSw

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    that is what they call a highly predictable train wreck. I still like Kyrie, but I'm not sure how he fits into a team...and back with LBJ?

Somewhat predictable that Nets-Irving negotiations continue to make headlines. He's getting some pretty strong blather thrown his direction from the ESPN talking heads about his demands/expectations for length. If I'm net Nets, he's a pretty risky person to lock up long-term for a whole host of reasons. We shall see.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/06/22...h-of-contract/

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Somewhat predictable that Nets-Irving negotiations continue to make headlines. He's getting some pretty strong blather thrown his direction from the ESPN talking heads about his demands/expectations for length. If I'm net Nets, he's a pretty risky person to lock up long-term for a whole host of reasons. We shall see.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/06/22...h-of-contract/
    I love Kyrie as a player. One of the most entertaining players of the last decade.

And yet, I would also not be comfortable with long term money for him.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWahoo View Post
    Looks like Zion took the fat jokes to heart: https://twitter.com/brasilcoast2/sta...WJY4eoWg3R_qSw
    This is clearly photoshopped.

JK. Good for Zion