Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Not quite $500 mil... $350 mil, which is still an outrageous number: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/b...4250%20million.
    I think the 500 mil figure I saw might have been what their budget might approach next year if they kept GP2 and Otto Porter and re-signed whoever becomes a FA on their roster next year. IOW it was a figure showing why they couldn’t keep GP2 long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Good stuff. I especially like her reaction at the end.

I was hoping Ja would answer her question about which school he attended because I have forgotten.
    That's the most wholesome thing I've seen in ages. I needed that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    I think the 500 mil figure I saw might have been what their budget might approach next year if they kept GP2 and Otto Porter and re-signed whoever becomes a FA on their roster next year. IOW it was a figure showing why they couldn’t keep GP2 long term.
    I think they essentially decided to re-sign Kevon Looney instead of Payton.

Zion signed his five year extension today. Says he wants to prove that he’s a winner. I love his passion, and his desire to prove everyone wrong.

Go Zion!

Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Zion signed his five year extension today. Says he wants to prove that he’s a winner. I love his passion, and his desire to prove everyone wrong.

Go Zion!

Go Duke!
    The New Orleans Pelicans have been pretty active with their YouTube account lately, posting daily practices and one press conference for a contract extension:

KD ain't getting traded.

The Nets chatted with the TWolves about a trade. The Nets reportedly asked for KAT, Anthony Edwards, and four first round picks.

That's absurd. There is a zero percent chance the TWolves would entertain a trade like that. KAT is arguably a top 15 player in the league. Ant is one of the top youngsters in the sport at just 20 year old and under a team-friendly rookie deal. And four first round picks are what it cost to pry Gobert from Utah. Essentially, the Nets were asking for KAT, Ant, and Gobert.

If that is what Brooklyn is asking for, then they are not seriously entertaining trading KD.

If I was Brooklyn, I'd want to see what happened when I rolled out KD, Simmons, and Kyrie (or Westbrook). That could be a really potent lineup and winning might make KD happy again.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

KD ain't getting traded.

The Nets chatted with the TWolves about a trade. The Nets reportedly asked for KAT, Anthony Edwards, and four first round picks.

That's absurd. There is a zero percent chance the TWolves would entertain a trade like that. KAT is arguably a top 15 player in the league. Ant is one of the top youngsters in the sport at just 20 year old and under a team-friendly rookie deal. And four first round picks are what it cost to pry Gobert from Utah. Essentially, the Nets were asking for KAT, Ant, and Gobert.

If that is what Brooklyn is asking for, then they are not seriously entertaining trading KD.

If I was Brooklyn, I'd want to see what happened when I rolled out KD, Simmons, and Kyrie (or Westbrook). That could be a really potent lineup and winning might make KD happy again.
    Any Durant trade will likely deplete the roster of the team he’s going to which makes you wonder if staying with the Nets will be his best option.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Any Durant trade will likely deplete the roster of the team he’s going to which makes you wonder if staying with the Nets will be his best option.
    Too big to fail.

KD ain't getting traded.

I think it's smart to ask for that return...for now.

The Nets are setting the bar very high. That means they are expecting the actual haul to be less. But it sends a great warning to the rest of the League: we're not giving up KD without a great return.

Love how the Nets are thinking about this.

Even with Kyrie, the Nets aren't giving him up for 1-2 useful 1st draft picks, a solid young player, and a useless player making $50M. Nets are patient, which is great.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

That's absurd. There is a zero percent chance the TWolves would entertain a trade like that.
    To be fair, you are talking about a franchise that just gave up 5 first round picks for a much less valuable player (Gobert). So while I agree that it's asking too much, it's not THAT outlandish given what Minnesota just did. It's a negotiation after all.

I have yet to hear what exactly Durant is unhappy about. I’ve heard at least four or five different sources who cover the NBA say that the Nets have basically bent over backwards for him for the entire three years he’s been with the team. What is his reason(s) for wanting to leave?

I have yet to hear what exactly Durant is unhappy about. I’ve heard at least four or five different sources who cover the NBA say that the Nets have basically bent over backwards for him for the entire three years he’s been with the team. What is his reason(s) for wanting to leave?
    KD gonna KD.

Well, the entire Nets experiment has been a debacle for all sorts of reasons but, yeah, I’m not sure what the specific issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    KD gonna KD.
    Yes. As the PTI boys note KD is always unhappy about something.

So the latest scuttlebutt is that the Warriors have had legit in-house conversations about bringing KD back, even if they have to trade away all their young talent.

So the latest scuttlebutt is that the Warriors have had legit in-house conversations about bringing KD back, even if they have to trade away all their young talent.
    I just don’t understand this thinking. Is KD really worth that when the organization has shown the ability to develop players and can win without him? KD comes with much more baggage and age now - and he looked really depleted at the end of the playoffs. I get that KD wants to play for a “made” team but I don’t see why GS needs the risk…

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    I don’t see why GS needs the risk…
    They don’t and they won’t.

Wiggins, Wiseman, and Poole for KD works from a salary cap perspective. Not sure if that is enough of a haul to satisfy Brooklyn.

I do that trade if I am Golden State.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Wiggins, Wiseman, and Poole for KD works from a salary cap perspective. Not sure if that is enough of a haul to satisfy Brooklyn.

I do that trade if I am Golden State.
    But... why? You don't need to make the trade - you are reigning champions. Wiseman is a big piece moving forward. Wiggins is just coming alive. Poole has tons of potential.

Durant is one big egg for your basket and that egg isn't a spring chicken.

I'd pass.

I think it obviously makes sense for GS to be in win now mode. The current big 3 isn't getting any younger, and trading away some nice young players that probably aren't the core of another championship run is not a big loss compared to the bonus of another ring or two. Plus, the lulz of bringing Durant back would be priceless.