Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
    BTW, I wonder if Jordan Poole's increase in salary from 3.9M to 31M really ticked off Drammond -- DG's is one-half that

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    BTW, I wonder if Jordan Poole's increase in salary from 3.9M to 31M really ticked off Drammond -- DG's is one-half that
    That’s more like a punch in the gut than a punch in the face. Poole should be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Who was saying $120 million before the fight? Could you be more specific? I’m just curious, thanks.
    120 was the number being "thrown out" by the talking heads on ESPN. Their "sources" were saying that. On those shows, they don't speculate on NBA decisions unless Woj OKs it.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    For sure. He's seeing a future where he can take less or pound sand. He's not going to get some golden parachute final contract that pays him more for what he did than what he'll do in the future. It spilled over and he popped off.

Who was saying $120 million before the fight? Could you be more specific? I’m just curious, thanks.
    I had guessed Wiggins would get 4 years, $150 and Poole would get 4 years, $120. Looks like I had it upside down.

https://theathletic.com/3696201/2022...ins-extension/

Wiggins is important for this team because he can defend multiple positions and does not need to the ball in his hands. He was their second best player in the Finals and averaged 18/8/2.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I had guessed Wiggins would get 4 years, $150 and Poole would get 4 years, $120. Looks like I had it upside down.

https://theathletic.com/3696201/2022...ins-extension/

Wiggins is important for this team because he can defend multiple positions and does not need to the ball in his hands. He was their second best player in the Finals and averaged 18/8/2.
    I too was surprised when I saw Wiggins’ contract as compared to that of Poole. In my opinion, Wiggins is the better overall player and is more important to this Warriors team.

I don’t know if Poole just has a much better agent than Wiggins or what. Weird.

I too was surprised when I saw Wiggins’ contract as compared to that of Poole. In my opinion, Wiggins is the better overall player and is more important to this Warriors team.

Draymond didn't punch Wiggins in the face. The punch includes a $30M premium to your contract.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine

While surprising on paper given their respective roles, I think the difference makes sense in light of A) Poole's youth relative to Wiggins, and B) Wiggins already having had a "max extension" and thus potentially being more willing to take a discount to stay in a winning environment (and potentially maximize his next, potentially last, big contract).

Just my two cents.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    While surprising on paper given their respective roles, I think the difference makes sense in light of A) Poole's youth relative to Wiggins, and B) Wiggins already having had a "max extension" and thus potentially being more willing to take a discount to stay in a winning environment (and potentially maximize his next, potentially last, big contract).

Just my two cents.
    Wiggins was in Minnesota for some famine years. So yeah, GSW for a little less makes sense. But Wiggins could have gotten $30m a year minimum on the open market, and maybe $35m+ with the cap projected to go up a lot.