Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    He has to win a championship for him to be considered the best player on a playoff team? That eliminates a lot of people. And the man is only
    25 lol
    Maybe I missed the point of this discussion. I thought we were talking about a #1 on a championship team. If so, I don’t think he’s that guy. I think he could be a #2 on a championship team, but not a #1. If we are discussing just a playoff team, sure. But not a team that could legitimately contend for an NBA championship.

Malcolm Brogdon is a very nice acquisition for the Celts

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I know, right?? I’m so excited about him joining the Celtics. I had been saying that the PG situation in Boston was somewhat insufficient.

I’m glad Brad listened to me!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ***when he’s healthy. He hasn’t played more than 60 regular season games in 4 out of the last five years.

***when he’s healthy. He hasn’t played more than 60 regular season games in 4 out of the last five years.
    Joykill.

Ha! 60 games seems like Yeoman’s work with a lot of players today. I’ll take it!

Here is what the Lakers and Nets should do
    Which will get KD to Miami

Lakers trade Westbrook for Simmons. In return the Nets agree to buy out Kyrie so he can sign with Lakers. This allows the Nets to trade for Bam from Miami

Bagley III scores

https://hoopshype.com/2022/06/30/mar...ree-year-deal/
    Sacramento Kings never utilized his talent. Luke Walton may have had issues not basketball related.

Tyus Jones

Highest paid Back Up Point Guard.
    https://hoopshype.com/2022/06/30/tyu...ith-grizzlies/

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post

Lakers trade Westbrook for Simmons. In return the Nets agree to buy out Kyrie so he can sign with Lakers. This allows the Nets to trade for Bam from Miami
    The only non-diva with no baggage of the whole sorry group is the 24 year old, coming off career high numbers and getting better all the time Bam. Heat unlikely to be interested in your deal, thank you.

Sooooooo...

The Nets get rid of Simmons, Kyrie, and KD only to get back Bam and the corpse of Westbrook?

I mean, the Nets were inept, but that may be the worst haul ever for 3 All-Stars (including 1.5 superstars).

Sidenote: you have to be a Lakers fan with that trade proposal
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I know, right?? I’m so excited about him joining the Celtics. I had been saying that the PG situation in Boston was somewhat insufficient.

I put in a good word for you with Brad when I was in Boston a couple weeks ago...

Great pick up, and the Celtics can afford to rest Brogdon aplenty during the reg season to keep him healthy for the playoffs.

They also got Gallinari, who is a great shooting big man (but a poor defender).

But the Celtics needed shooting and ball protection and they got both. Noice.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Now THAT is a great name!! Love it.

BTW, I think the Jazz are going to end up very disappointed if they try to build a team around Donovan Mitchell, who is not a #1. He’s at best a #2 or #3 on a good playoff team. It would make about as much sense as trying to build a team around Bradley Beal.
    As as Wiz fan, I want to rebut this but I can’t. The truth hurts.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    https://hoopshype.com/2022/06/30/mar...ree-year-deal/
    Sacramento Kings never utilized his talent. Luke Walton may have had issues not basketball related.
    There seems to be a segment of Pistons fans who think we’re paying Bagley too much… which I find insane. He’s still so young and you can’t blame him for the disfunction in Sacramento. With a fresh start, the Pistons could get three years of prime production at a bargain price. If the injuries pop back up, there are a lot worse players making 12+ mil a year in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    There seems to be a segment of Pistons fans who think we’re paying Bagley too much… which I find insane. He’s still so young and you can’t blame him for the disfunction in Sacramento. With a fresh start, the Pistons could get three years of prime production at a bargain price. If the injuries pop back up, there are a lot worse players making 12+ mil a year in the league.
    Hey Scott, some guy on the comments section of the article posted by heyman25 wrote:

“Not sure why the Pistons have this obsession with Marvin Bagley when they now have 3 better centers on the roster and he’s too limited a shooter to play PF.”

Who are the 3 centers on the Pistons roster who are allegedly better than Bagley?

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...35712103317506

New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson has agreed on a five-year, $193 million designated maximum rookie extension that could earn him as much as $231 million, CAA Sports’ Co-Head of Basketball Austin Brown tells ESPN.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...35712103317506

New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson has agreed on a five-year, $193 million designated maximum rookie extension that could earn him as much as $231 million, CAA Sports’ Co-Head of Basketball Austin Brown tells ESPN.
    That’s some pretty good pocket change for ZW!

And in a nod to FDD, maybe now Zion can afford to buy a larger Gilligan hat! As an aside, as far as the Ginger vs Mary Ann debate goes, I think Ginger has become criminally underrated through the years, and I’m not sure why.

Wrong Nets guard? KI re-lands with the the King? What a world that would be...

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-lak...233348495.html

Westbrook for Kyrie deal being finalized. Details to come. The one reason I didn’t think this would happen is that Westbrook makes $11m more than Kyrie. There is also a kicker that Kyrie gets $5m for being traded and Nets have to pay that.