Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Hopefully that puts an end to all the negativity online about him not wanting to be there (obviously it was based on...nothing).
    That doesn’t mean he likes New Orleans it just means he doesn’t hate it enough to turn down max money. An injury prone guy would be a moron to turn down that money. He can also demand a trade anytime now too.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I heard the craziest stat, which goes to show how incompetent the Knicks mgmt has been over the years.

It has been 23 years - 23 YEARS - since the Knicks have given out a multi-year contract to a player they drafted. In 1999, Charlie Ward received an extension.

That is nuts. I hope RJ breaks streak...but these are the Knicks we're talking about.
    I really like RJ and hope for the best, but I'm just not sure that he can evolve into the centerpiece they want and need him to be. His shooting really has to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I heard the craziest stat, which goes to show how incompetent the Knicks mgmt has been over the years.

It has been 23 years - 23 YEARS - since the Knicks have given out a multi-year contract to a player they drafted. In 1999, Charlie Ward received an extension.

That is nuts. I hope RJ breaks streak...but these are the Knicks we're talking about.
    How DARE you FDD!?!? It just so happens that they broke this streak TODAY by singing Mitchell Robinson to a 4-year extension. Take back your insult, sir! ;^)

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I really like RJ and hope for the best, but I'm just not sure that he can evolve into the centerpiece they want and need him to be. His shooting really has to improve.
    I agree that I don't know if he can become an All Star/All NBA player, but I think we need to sign him to the max for reasons that go beyond those goals. The Knicks are trying to build a culture...continuity, hard work, good character, etc. I think he embodies all of those traits, the fans love him, his teammates seem to love him, etc. With the way he works, I think there's a good chance he improve his efficiency - we'll see. He and Julius were two of the 3 least efficient players in the NBA last year...that needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    How DARE you FDD!?!? It just so happens that they broke this streak TODAY by singing Mitchell Robinson to a 4-year extension. Take back your insult, sir! ;^)

I agree that I don't know if he can become an All Star/All NBA player, but I think we need to sign him to the max for reasons that go beyond those goals. The Knicks are trying to build a culture...continuity, hard work, good character, etc. I think he embodies all of those traits, the fans love him, his teammates seem to love him, etc. With the way he works, I think there's a good chance he improve his efficiency - we'll see. He and Julius were two of the 3 least efficient players in the NBA last year...that needs to change.
    Oh my goodness, you're right! Mitchell Robinson, come on down!!!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    He and Julius were two of the 3 least efficient players in the NBA last year...that needs to change.
    I’m sorry, I don’t read all of the posts. Who is Julius?

As to your point of RJ being one of the three least efficient players in the NBA last season….least efficient by what measure?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Hopefully that puts an end to all the negativity online about him not wanting to be there (obviously it was based on...nothing).
    No, it doesn't end the Zion doesn't want to be there talk. The team that drafts a player can pay so much more after the rookie deal at the top end that the player never leaves after contract 1. His team won't let him. The player, esp a guy like Zion, who has endorsement money out the wazoo, may be OK with walking away from a few extra million.

The agents/management team, who are on commission, do not share that thinking. And they are very good at making players realize that it could all go away.

Zion has missed a bunch of time. If he has close to that level of health issues in contract 2, then contract 3 will be nowhere near a max, and the endorsements will nosedive.

So he's not going to walk away from the extra money that NO can pay. The amount they can pay, over and above what another team can pay, is in itself generational wealth. Seriously, that amount of money, after paying agents and managers, after taxes, is enough to fund a trust fund for a child that would allow that child to never work a day in their lives. No one walks away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'll be very happy if Charlotte drops him, and no other team picks him up.

Mychelle Johnson, the wife of Charlotte Hornets forward Miles Bridges, broke her silence and released frightening images and videos of herself this week two days after Bridges was arrested and allegedly charged with domestic violence.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/miles-b...125955879.html
    Assuming those pictures are real and those injuries were from Miles Bridges he should be suspended from the NBA for a year in addition to whatever criminal charges he receives. If NBA does anything less it is sweeping serious domestic battery under the rug. He needs to pay a real price for beating the he?? out of her, not just get a slap on the wrist (pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Assuming those pictures are real and those injuries were from Miles Bridges he should be suspended from the NBA for a year in addition to whatever criminal charges he receives. If NBA does anything less it is sweeping serious domestic battery under the rug. He needs to pay a real price for beating the he?? out of her, not just get a slap on the wrist (pun intended).
    If Bridges is guilty, and I always take the "innocent until proven otherwise, no matter how bad the alleged crime", then his NBA suspension will come after a 3-5 year stint in prison.

Bridges is near radioactive at this point.

Celtics get Malcolm Brogdon from IND, per Woj.

GREAT pickup for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post

GREAT pickup for them!
    If he can stay on the floor, which he not shown much ability to do.

Quote Originally Posted by HayYou View Post
    If Bridges is guilty, and I always take the "innocent until proven otherwise, no matter how bad the alleged crime", then his NBA suspension will come after a 3-5 year stint in prison.

Disgusting report about what he did to his wife, if true he deserves to be behind bars not on a basketball court. And I can't think of another player who did something so bad at such a terrible time in his professional career. Not that there is ever a good time to do something bad but his timing couldn't have been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I’m sorry, I don’t read all of the posts. Who is Julius?

As to your point of RJ being one of the three least efficient players in the NBA last season….least efficient by what measure?
    Damn, Steven43 is catching some stray shots out here! I'll have to look back upthread for that Jersey insult.

I was referring to Julius Randle and my comment about his efficiency was based on true shooting percentage for guys taking roughly a starter's volume of shots.

You should google the Deshawn Watson case before being too confident about what will or won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post

GREAT pickup for them!
    Love the pick up. Celtics shed salary and only had to give up a 2023 first round pick, which isn't worth much as they'll be a top 5 team next year.

It is true that Brogdon cannot stay on the floor...but if he does, the Celtics have a really solid player who PROTECTS the ball.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You should google the Deshawn Watson case before being too confident about what will or won't happen.
    Those are all civil disputes I believe.

I can tell you categorically from 30 years experience in the very system that will be handling Bridges’s case that there is zero chance he will spend 3 to 5 years in prison. None.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Those are all civil disputes I believe.
    I am aware, thanks. But speaking to what the league will or won't do for unspeakable behavior - "the leagues" frequently disappoint in this regard.

I am aware, thanks. But speaking to what the league will or won't do for unspeakable behavior - "the leagues" frequently disappoint in this regard.
    Ray Rice was initially only banned for 2 games, I believe, and while he didn’t play another NFL game he also did not go to prison and had the criminal charges dropped.

All that is to say, I agree, it’s tough to forecast how this will play out but initial look ain’t good.

I just don’t see them being that related and the Deshaun Watson stuff isn’t over yet. He missed all last season and may miss this whole season too. Will be interesting to see what happens to Bridges.

Lots of weird rules may decide where he goes and for what. I doubt Suns would trade Booker if they could but they aren’t allowed to sense they just signed him. That also means Pels couldn’t trade Zion either. Bam from Miami can’t be in the deal unless Nets find away to trade Simmons