Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    He's also allegedly become a father recently...
    Yeah, fatherhood also takes a toll on your body. Speaking from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Does it still take a toll on your body if you can afford an army of nannies, chefs, and drivers?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Does it still take a toll on your body if you can afford an army of nannies, chefs, and drivers?
    That I wouldn't know. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I've always liked Blake. I think that's a solid veteran addition.
    I feel the same way. I think he has transitioned from being "the guy" on his team to a role player quite well of late.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I like him, too. I’m just not sure how much he can actually contribute on the court. But it’s a good pickup for the Celtics.
    I that if the Celtics use him as a role player to give starters some rest and eat a few minutes with quality play then he will be a good addition.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Yeah. He’s great cus he’s all athleticism and power…the issue is he is no longer athletic and his power doesn’t work well without the athleticism.

Okay pickup by the Celts. Doubt it cost them anything
    I think that as Blake started to get older he greatly improved his shooting (note, I could be wrong, haven't looked up stats...just my impression from watching games).

Draymond Green's punch on Jordan Poole WAS NOT A LOVE TAP!!

cue it in :20 to see what happened
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Draymond Green's punch on Jordan Poole WAS NOT A LOVE TAP!!

cue it in :20 to see what happened
    The early reactions to this are really interesting. I see a lot of insider-types, especially former players, basically saying, "This is nothing, happens all the time, and that tape should have never gotten out."

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    The early reactions to this are really interesting. I see a lot of insider-types, especially former players, basically saying, "This is nothing, happens all the time, and that tape should have never gotten out."
    Damn, I hope Draymond doesn’t get mad at me one day. Dude is STRONG.

Anyway, I used to see fights like this at my high school once or twice per week, several times involving me.

This is just a couple of teammates fighting. That’s a “meh”.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Then there's this bit on fatherhood from Joey Ryan of the Milk Carton Kids. Fatherhood part starts at about 0:55

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Anyway, I used to see fights like this at my high school once or twice per week, several times involving me.
    How can that be? I can't imagine you being a provocateur or being provoked?!??!

Who loves ya, Steven43!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Damn, I hope Draymond doesn’t get mad at me one day. Dude is STRONG.

This is just a couple of teammates fighting. That’s a “meh”.
    Hey, I hear you on the issue of high schools and outdoor pick up games. Fights happen all the time. But in this instance Poole’s hands were down at his side and I view what Draymond did as a nasty sucker punch. In my neck of the woods Draymond would’ve been going to the hospital. No joke.

Hey, I hear you on the issue of high schools and outdoor pick up games. Fights happen all the time. But in this instance Poole’s hands were down at his side and I view what Draymond did as a nasty sucker punch. In my neck of the woods Draymond would’ve been going to the hospital. No joke.
    It bugs me that people would treat this as "no big deal." Whether you're a construction worker or a partner at a law firm, you will be fired if you punch a coworker in the face. It's strange that we don't apply this to people making tens of millions of dollars a year. I would be a little less bugged if it was in the context of a physical sports-related issue that escalated, but in this instance Poole is just standing there.

I really don't like Draymond anyway so maybe that's affecting my judgement but he should really be punished for this.
    Trinity '09

Quote Originally Posted by CrazieDUMB View Post
    It bugs me that people would treat this as "no big deal." Whether you're a construction worker or a partner at a law firm, you will be fired if you punch a coworker in the face. It's strange that we don't apply this to people making tens of millions of dollars a year. I would be a little less bugged if it was in the context of a physical sports-related issue that escalated, but in this instance Poole is just standing there.

I really don't like Draymond anyway so maybe that's affecting my judgement but he should really be punished for this.
    I don’t disagree with anything that you said.

It’s a practice.

It’s a teammate.

They’re not even in the middle of running up and down the court and being physical going for the ball or something.

And you’re right. If this happens in most any other environment someone goes to jail for physical assault.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazieDUMB View Post

Needs to be a regular season suspension by the NBA (several games). Totally unwarranted and really shows how dirty Draymond is and has been. I don’t expect anything though as the players association calls the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Needs to be a regular season suspension by the NBA (several games). Totally unwarranted and really shows how dirty Draymond is and has been. I don’t expect anything though as the players association calls the shots.
    Several games? From the NBA? Really? For an internal practice dust up?

Huh. Agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Several games? From the NBA? Really? For an internal practice dust up?

Huh. Agree to disagree.
    I hate Draymond but should the NBA even have the authority to penalize over an internal event within another organization? I mean I guess if he was charged for a crime, but otherwise no way.

i already detest Draymond's antics and have seen him mostly as a dirtbag player. It would be pretty awesome if Poole pressed charges and got Draymond arrested and thrown in jail. But, millionaires gonna millionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    How can that be? I can't imagine you being a provocateur or being provoked?!??!

Who loves ya, Steven43!
    Touche’, Billy Dat! 🍻

You make a fair point, SD. It was a bit of a cheap shot. Nothing new for our guy, Draymond, right??!

By “my neck of the woods” are you talking about Florida in general or a specific part of the town where you live? Just curious.

Fights happen all the time. But in this instance Poole’s hands were down at his side and I view what Draymond did as a nasty sucker punch.
    Well, Poole had just shoved Draymond... hard. When you do something physical to someone, it is hardly surprising when they do something physical in response. I'm not justifying Draymond's actions, not at all, but to imply that Poole was shockingly sucker punched... I didn't see it like that at all.

In my neck of the woods Draymond would’ve been going to the hospital. No joke.
    Well, only if there was someone big enough and strong enough to take Draymond down. Jordan Poole is 6-4, 195. Draymond is a quite beefy 6-6, 230. Draymond has nearly 40 pounds on Poole. I'd be willing to bet that Draymond hits the weight room pretty hard too. I'm not saying Poole would have no chance (I have no idea what fighting skills or experience each of them may posses) but if I had to place a bet on who would get sent to the hospital, I'm taking Draymond in a heartbeat.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, Poole had just shoved Draymond... hard. When you do something physical to someone, it is hardly surprising when they do something physical in response. I'm not justifying Draymond's actions, not at all, but to imply that Poole was shockingly sucker punched... I didn't see it like that at all.

Well, only if there was someone big enough and strong enough to take Draymond down. Jordan Poole is 6-4, 195. Draymond is a quite beefy 6-6, 230. Draymond has nearly 40 pounds on Poole. I'd be willing to bet that Draymond hits the weight room pretty hard too. I'm not saying Poole would have no chance (I have no idea what fighting skills or experience each of them may posses) but if I had to place a bet on who would get sent to the hospital, I'm taking Draymond in a heartbeat.
    Yeah - but Draymond instigated the confrontation by getting in Poole’s face and body to such a degree it’s fair to call that act alone an assault by the letter of the law. It was not an unprovoked shove that you could objectively argue he was defending himself against.

Assault is generally defined as an intentional act that puts another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent harmful or offensive contact.

I know we are talking about a basketball court where that happens a thousand times a game, but this wasn’t during play and the insinuation was that Draymond had a right to defend himself against a shove.