Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Westbrook for Kyrie deal being finalized. Details to come. The one reason I didn’t think this would happen is that Westbrook makes $11m more than Kyrie. There is also a kicker that Kyrie gets $5m for being traded and Nets have to pay that.
    My goodness, the Nets REALLY wanted to be rid of Mr. Kyrie Irving! To take on Westbrook and his horrific contract is a big big ask. Yet they’re doing it (allegedly).

This is a jaw-dropping “WOW”!

Westbrook for Kyrie deal being finalized. Details to come. The one reason I didn’t think this would happen is that Westbrook makes $11m more than Kyrie. There is also a kicker that Kyrie gets $5m for being traded and Nets have to pay that.
    If this happens I expect it will include multiple firsts going to the Nets (plus maybe THT or Kendrick Nunn) and a shooter — either Seth Curry or Joe Harris — to the Lakers, who desperately need shooting. Hard to believe Kyrie and LeBron together again but …

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    If this happens I expect it will include multiple firsts going to the Nets (plus maybe THT or Kendrick Nunn) and a shooter — either Seth Curry or Joe Harris — to the Lakers, who desperately need shooting. Hard to believe Kyrie and LeBron together again but …
    The article I read said the Nets want to include Harris but the Lakers are asking for Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    The article I read said the Nets want to include Harris but the Lakers are asking for Curry.
    If the Nets give away Seth Curry to the LA Lakers I’m going to be…..umm……quite displeased. That’s the nicest way I could put it.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Harris makes more money and is coming off an injury.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves with the rumors. They're having preliminary discussions which is a far cry from "being finalized." I still think this gets done, but it's 50/50

Still all this dysfunction should make Houston fans really happy. They own the nets' first round picks for the foreseeable future from the Harden trade.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I put in a good word for you with Brad when I was in Boston a couple weeks ago...
    I forgot to thank you for your efforts in Boston last week; it’s much appreciated. Did you happen to broach the subject with Stevens of the Jon Scheyer hiring or was it too awkward to bring up?

BTW, still on a high from the Brogdon acquisition!

https://www.si.com/nba/celtics/top-s...-brogdon-trade

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    My goodness, the Nets REALLY wanted to be rid of Mr. Kyrie Irving! To take on Westbrook and his horrific contract is a big big ask. Yet they’re doing it (allegedly).

This is a jaw-dropping “WOW”!
    KD and Westbrook would be reunited, albeit temporarily. Had they not dealt Harden it could have been a thunderous reunion. Time is a circle.

I forgot to thank you for your efforts in Boston last week; it’s much appreciated. Did you happen to broach the subject with Stevens of the Jon Scheyer hiring or was it too awkward to bring up?

BTW, still on a high from the Brogdon acquisition!

https://www.si.com/nba/celtics/top-s...-brogdon-trade
    Brad and I were too busy shoveling footlong hot dogs and 16 ounce beers into our gullets at Fenway for me to bring up the Scheyer situation...maybe next time!

Yes, I'm very high on the Brogdon deal, Brad did what he said he'd so, add some guys without changing the delicate balance of the team...

scottdude8 is offline Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Hey Scott, some guy on the comments section of the article posted by heyman25 wrote:

“Not sure why the Pistons have this obsession with Marvin Bagley when they now have 3 better centers on the roster and he’s too limited a shooter to play PF.”

Who are the 3 centers on the Pistons roster who are allegedly better than Bagley?
    I’m guessing Noel, Stewart, and Duren… but Duren still needs to develop, Stewart is better suited as a complimentary piece off the bench rather than a starter, and Noel isn’t here long term.

Breaking and wildly important news related to the KD and KI saga: Ben Simmons has deactivated his Instagram account.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-irving-rumors

i think a lot of folks have a tendency to write Zion off as "injury prone", "fat", "flop"...

when reading this article, it's pretty amazing what he's done so far...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

On a contender I’d rather have Kyrie but on a non contender I’d rather have Westbrook. Say what you want about Russ but he plays hard and never gets hurt

On a contender I’d rather have Kyrie but on a non contender I’d rather have Westbrook. Say what you want about Russ but he plays hard and never gets hurt
    Well, I halfway agree with one thing you said — Russ plays hard. He plays hard on offense (though not particularly effectively these days), but not so much on defense.

But hey, maybe the Nets are going to try to enter the Victor Wembanyama sweepstakes.

While both KI and KD are enormous talents, they have both hurt their reputations as all in team players. Interesting to listen to Wilbon and Kornheiser on KD, they admire his talent but note he always has to be aggrieved about something. Given how much he'll cost a team, I'm not sure I see well managed teams wanting him.

Interesting to listen to Wilbon and Kornheiser on KD, they admire his talent but note he always has to be aggrieved about something. Given how much he'll cost a team, I'm not sure I see well managed teams wanting him.
    Wait……are you sure you’re not talking about KI?

While both KI and KD are enormous talents, they have both hurt their reputations as all in team players. Interesting to listen to Wilbon and Kornheiser on KD, they admire his talent but note he always has to be aggrieved about something. Given how much he'll cost a team, I'm not sure I see well managed teams wanting him.
    KD is still a top 5 player. He’ll be in demand. He’s been a pretty decent teammate everywhere and fit in with the Warriors.

He’s clearly got a thin skin and has 0 love for sports media…which, well, there are some obnoxious poo-birds so can’t say I blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    KD is still a top 5 player. He’ll be in demand. He’s been a pretty decent teammate everywhere and fit in with the Warriors.

He’s clearly got a thin skin and has 0 love for sports media…which, well, there are some obnoxious poo-birds so can’t say I blame him.
    Can’t argue with that but for teams who want limited drama and abundant happiness I don’t think he’s a great choice.

I’m guessing it was mentioned on here, yet somehow I missed the news (until a few minutes ago while listening to the Bill Simmons podcast) that Gary Payton Jr. is no longer a Golden State Warrior. He signed a three-year $28 million deal with the Portland Trailblazers.

I think this is a significant blow to Golden State. I know it might sound crazy, but I’m not so sure they would have beaten the Celtics had Payton not played. He was the Warriors best perimeter defender and is reputedly one of the very best defenders at the guard position in the entire NBA. On the offensive side his elite athleticism allows him to finish at the rim and he’s developed a reasonable outside shot to go along with solid passing and good decision-making with the ball.

I’m kind of stunned that Golden State didn’t sign him.

I’m guessing it was mentioned on here, yet somehow I missed the news (until a few minutes ago while listening to the Bill Simmons podcast) that Gary Payton Jr. is no longer a Golden State Warrior. He signed a three-year $28 million deal with the Portland Trailblazers.

I think this is a significant blow to Golden State. I know it might sound crazy, but I’m not so sure they would have beaten the Celtics had Payton not played. He was the Warriors best perimeter defender and is reputedly one of the very best defenders at the guard position in the entire NBA. On the offensive side his elite athleticism allows him to finish at the rim and he’s developed a reasonable outside shot to go along with solid passing and good decision-making with the ball.

I’m kind of stunned that Golden State didn’t sign him.
    The Warriors are like the Patriots where people get worked up about this person or that person leaving, but as long as they have their core, starting with Steph, they have been able ton replace other key players and still play excellent two way basketball.