Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 139
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Does anyone have Joel Dahmen? A Dahmen victory would make our contest interesting.
    Bob Green

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On the Road to Nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Does anyone have Joel Dahmen? A Dahmen victory would make our contest interesting.
    Of course not. He's #130 in the OWGR (1.2337 points)! The lowest actual 2-pointer (Alex Noren 2.0117) is #60.

    Maybe if mkirsh didn't make every golfer count a minimum of 2 points. (please mkirsh, don't change the rules...some idiot <cough, cough, looks at toes> might take 30 1-point players)

    I wish this guy the best because I love underdogs, but these guys tend to fade on Sundays if not earlier. It may not come until the 72nd hole (just look a month ago at the PGA Championship and Pereira) but it usually comes.

    Edit: For those with short memories. Man, did I feel bad for the guy.

    Last edited by dudog84; 06-18-2022 at 09:27 AM.
    Past is gone, thou canst not that recall; Future is not, may not be at all;
    Present is, [so] improve the flying hour; Present only is within thy power. - Friar Park Clock Tower [author unknown]

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Of course not. He's #130 in the OWGR (1.2337 points)! The lowest actual 2-pointer (Alex Noren 2.0117) is #60.

    Maybe if mkirsh didn't make every golfer count a minimum of 2 points. (please mkirsh, don't change the rules...some idiot <cough, cough, looks at toes> might take 30 1-point players)

    I wish this guy the best because I love underdogs, but these guys tend to fade on Sundays if not earlier. It may not come until the 72nd hole (just look a month ago at the PGA Championship and Pereira) but it usually comes.

    Edit: For those with short memories. Man, did I feel bad for the guy.

    I have heard from several people Dahmen is a great guy. Testicular cancer survivor too. Pulling for him this weekend.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    You don't understand how this works. If Davis Riley wins you are virtually guaranteed a top-3 spot, and actually you have the best shot at winning.

    BTW, good Freudian slip.
    That's right - money moves around A LOT, especially at the top. First place this year is a whopping $3.15M (up from $2.25M last year, which might be some vindication for Phil that LIV is pushing the rest of golf to keep pace if he hadn't made such a disgrace of himself); second place usually around 60% of first, third around 65% of second, fourth around 70% of third, etc until it starts really bunching up outside the top 20. And then there are ties. So if you have someone jump from 5th to second (which is pretty easy with a tight leaderboard), their winnings would go from ~$700k to ~$1.9M. So I think many people are still very much in this contest, especially if you have someone in the top 5 that many others don't.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I have heard from several people Dahmen is a great guy. Testicular cancer survivor too. Pulling for him this weekend.
    Here's a short article on him - he does seem like a good down to earth dude. Also sounds like he will be part of the upcoming Netflix PGA series.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Just like the actual Open, we have a tight top of the leaderboard. Great golf so far, hopeful it continues into the weekend
    Thanks again to mkirsh for organizing these contests and most importantly tracking the results. I would like to point out the CDu's team went from DFL after round 1 to leading after round 2. That's a big jump

    I've seen on Twitter that the temps on the course are cooler and conditions windier this morning than at anytime the first 2 days. Should make for interesting golf. Always interesting that there was such a big difference between the 2 waves once again due to weather conditions. The wind completely died down Friday afternoon and the early/late group once again (like the PGA) had a big advantage over the late/early.
    Last edited by tbyers11; 06-18-2022 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Table removed to save space
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

    "Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On the Road to Nowhere
    The top 20 haven't teed off yet, but almost everyone moving the wrong way today. 15 mph winds on a U.S. Open layout can't be fun.
    Past is gone, thou canst not that recall; Future is not, may not be at all;
    Present is, [so] improve the flying hour; Present only is within thy power. - Friar Park Clock Tower [author unknown]

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Of course not. He's #130 in the OWGR (1.2337 points)! The lowest actual 2-pointer (Alex Noren 2.0117) is #60.

    Maybe if mkirsh didn't make every golfer count a minimum of 2 points. (please mkirsh, don't change the rules...some idiot <cough, cough, looks at toes> might take 30 1-point players)

    I wish this guy the best because I love underdogs, but these guys tend to fade on Sundays if not earlier. It may not come until the 72nd hole (just look a month ago at the PGA Championship and Pereira) but it usually comes.

    Edit: For those with short memories. Man, did I feel bad for the guy.

    I gave him some consideration for my team. His main virtue is that he hits the ball generally pretty straight. He is not long, though, not at all.

    He does seem like a really nice guy. He has been in several videos with Youtube golfers. Pretty much all of them outdrove him.

    I would love to see him win, and it is certainly possible, but extremely unlikely.

  9. #69
    Scheffler just holed out for eagle on 8. Heís the leader at -6 and is -3 today thru 8.

  10. #70
    Players to make multiple eagles in a U.S. Open win in the last 30 years:

    Bryson DeChambeau
    Tiger Woods

    Scottie Scheffler would join them if he wins this week.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Scheffler just holed out for eagle on 8. He’s the leader at -6 and is -3 today thru 8.
    Scottie ascending. Rory descending. I’m happy.

    Until a second ago LOL

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Scottie ascending. Rory descending. Iím happy.

    Until a second ago LOL
    Yep Rors is stinking today. I was really pulling for him this weekend. He needs to get it going on the back 9.

    Scottie just made double bogey 5 on the par 3 11th. Heís now back down to -4

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Yep Rors is stinking today. I was really pulling for him this weekend. He needs to get it going on the back 9.

    Scottie just made double bogey 5 on the par 3 11th. Heís now back down to -4
    Yep. Just watched that. Absolutely shocking the Scottie air-mailed that so far past the green.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On the Road to Nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Yep Rors is stinking today. I was really pulling for him this weekend. He needs to get it going on the back 9.

    Scottie just made double bogey 5 on the par 3 11th. Heís now back down to -4
    Rory only 3 shots back with about 27 to play. There's at least a dozen guys that could win this tournament and he's definitely one of them.
    Past is gone, thou canst not that recall; Future is not, may not be at all;
    Present is, [so] improve the flying hour; Present only is within thy power. - Friar Park Clock Tower [author unknown]

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Yep. Just watched that. Absolutely shocking the Scottie air-mailed that so far past the green.
    Now a bogey on 12 for Scottie. Heís +3 on his last two holes.

    The U.S. Open is often cruel.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Now a bogey on 12 for Scottie. Heís +3 on his last two holes.

    The U.S. Open is often cruel.
    I really jinxed Scottie. Thatís horrible.

    Well, he has no chance now. Itís over for him.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On the Road to Nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I really jinxed Scottie. Thatís horrible.

    Well, he has no chance now. Itís over for him.
    I'm asking nicely, please don't bring that here. You didn't even pick a team, please allow us to enjoy the thread.
    Past is gone, thou canst not that recall; Future is not, may not be at all;
    Present is, [so] improve the flying hour; Present only is within thy power. - Friar Park Clock Tower [author unknown]

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I really jinxed Scottie. Thatís horrible.

    Well, he has no chance now. Itís over for him.
    Rory birdies 11!

    Heís 2 back of the leader Zalatoris!

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I'm asking nicely, please don't bring that here. You didn't even pick a team, please allow us to enjoy the thread.
    Wasnít planning on making it a habit. Just a one time thing after literally saying seconds before he double bogeyed he was doing well.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On the Road to Nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Wasnít planning on making it a habit. Just a one time thing after literally saying seconds before he double bogeyed he was doing well.
    So you're saying if you do it again the mods can ban you. I'm good with that.
    Past is gone, thou canst not that recall; Future is not, may not be at all;
    Present is, [so] improve the flying hour; Present only is within thy power. - Friar Park Clock Tower [author unknown]

Similar Threads

  1. Degenerate PGA Contest 2022
    By sagegrouse in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 05-23-2022, 06:11 PM
  2. Degenerate Masters Contest 2022
    By CDu in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 04-12-2022, 02:29 AM
  3. Degenerate Gamblers 2021-22 ACC Picking Contest here!!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-11-2022, 09:53 AM
  4. ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers allowed!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 11:04 AM
  5. Pre-ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •