Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah, all the Vecna's I know are in their late 40s at least. Hard to tell what a younger demonic beast would look like.
    So very angry you beat me to this joke.

My thoughts on a couple of the open questions:

Russia and US Govt
    The bad guy government agents and the Russians are all of a piece. The Russians want to access the upside down as a power source (including weaponizing demigorgons?!?), and the US government takes an ends-justify-the-means approach to stop Russia at all costs. Both sides ultimately serve as yet another impediment to the heroes (Hawkins teens) from actually saving the world from the horrors of the upside down. (Highlighting their justification for being in the plot doesn't make the Russia/US govt conflict more appealing, alas...)

Vecna/Nancy Cliffhanger
    I assume Nancy is going to survive this immediate danger solely based on the plot-function that she needs to survive to explain what she's seen to the other kids. The writers probably wouldn't have Dustin et al operating in the dark for the rest of the series with only Nancy learning the inside info for naught. Once they all link up with Eleven, they'll collectively piece together the full picture (that the viewers mostly have) between El and Nancy, and perhaps eventually learn the ultimate secrets of the Upside Down, including whether the Mind Flayer works for Vecna or vice versa...

I finished the last episode of this part of the season last night and don't have much to add other than a shout out and big congrats to Kate Bush and "Running Up That Hill", a favorite alternative '80's song of mine which has seen a huge resurgence with a younger generation according to recent streaming numbers. That's the song that got Jess out of trouble. I used to play it when I was a DJ on WXDU, Duke's radio station.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

And, I believe, Kate Bush has bought back the rights to her music years ago so she is reaping the rewards from her own talent.

Just finished Ep7 - fantastic so far. Not much to add other than this:

C2E7E28D-0FFD-4181-8571-0A3AD586313D.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    And, I believe, Kate Bush has bought back the rights to her music years ago so she is reaping the rewards from her own talent.
    Apparently she has made 2.3 million dollars in Streaming royalties since May 27 when the fourth season debuted.

Looking forward to watching the Part II episodes.

Just finished. Quality stuff. Looking forward to discussing when others have watched.