Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    I think I figured it out. They don't have a Jon Snow. Everybody loved Jon Snow. There were so many reprehensible characters in GOT, but that dude was universally beloved. Who is the likeable character here?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I think I figured it out. They don't have a Jon Snow. Everybody loved Jon Snow. There were so many reprehensible characters in GOT, but that dude was universally beloved. Who is the likeable character here?
    I pretty much liked most of the GoT characters even the villains. I think most of them had more “personality” than any of the HOD characters so far, except Daemon and young Rhaenyra.

Humor is one thing missing from HOD that was great in GOT.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I pretty much liked most of the GoT characters even the villains. I think most of them had more “personality” than any of the HOD characters so far, except Daemon and young Rhaenyra.

Yeah. Most everyone was either straight up likeable or delightfully detestable (except Stannis...screw that guy). They have leaned too far into the detestable and not enough into the delightful. I don't really like anyone. I wasn't THRILLED with young Rhaenyra at first. I think I was wrong though. She was much better than the new iteration.

Yeah. Most everyone was either straight up likeable or delightfully detestable (except Stannis...screw that guy). They have leaned too far into the detestable and not enough into the delightful. I don't really like anyone. I wasn't THRILLED with young Rhaenyra at first. I think I was wrong though. She was much better than the new iteration.
    I’m optimistic some of the children are going to be real snots like Joffrey, who was, as you say, delightfully detestable.

I’m optimistic some of the children are going to be real snots like Joffrey, who was, as you say, delightfully detestable.
    Agreed. They were wonderfully horrible. Plus I like watching kids fight. Not as much as I love incest. But I do like it a lot.

Agreed. They were wonderfully horrible. Plus I like watching kids fight. Not as much as I love incest. But I do like it a lot.
    Ooh, tell us your incest stories! I like incest stories.

Most of the humor came via The Imp, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Most of the humor came via The Imp, in my opinion.
    Really? I found all the Lannister delicious and funny; Robert Baratheon laugh out loud funny; Arya worth a sly smile; Joffrey a little snot but well-played; Olenna Tyrell just wickedly sharp; The Hound by himself, great - with Arya, just a delightful odd couple; Samwell Tarly a big giggly teddly bear; Robin Arryn sucking on his mom's nipple just LOL...man, so many wonderful and funny characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    Ooh, tell us your incest stories! I like incest stories.
    Relative humidity: the sweat that collects on the bodies of Targaryens having sex.

Relative humidity: the sweat that collects on the bodies of Targaryens having sex.
    lol!

Really? I found all the Lannister delicious and funny; Robert Baratheon laugh out loud funny; Arya worth a sly smile; Joffrey a little snot but well-played; Olenna Tyrell just wickedly sharp; The Hound by himself, great - with Arya, just a delightful odd couple; Samwell Tarly a big giggly teddly bear; Robin Arryn sucking on his mom's nipple just LOL...man, so many wonderful and funny characters.
    Olenna was stunningly witty. Jamie and The Hound became more human and funny after several seasons. Fair play.

Can’t spork; made me laugh.

I thought that episode was great.

Next week should be fire.

Some great filmmaking but the misery in the land of the dragons is unrelenting. Every conversation and action is about power or war, violence, sickness, death and decay. I really miss the humor, laughter, love, lust, and the more subtle/clever intrigue in GOT.

Some great filmmaking but the misery in the land of the dragons is unrelenting. Every conversation and action is about power or war, violence, sickness, death and decay. I really miss the humor, laughter, love, lust, and the more subtle/clever intrigue in GOT.
    Yes. But I LOVE just how reprehensible the children are. The dinner scene was basically "Lord of the Flies with Dragons".

I thought last nights episode had a significant amount of humor.

Really loved how much of a badass they have made Aemond. You get the impression he spends every day in the gym (or some medieval version of one) and practicing his sword-fighting. If he takes a break, it is probably to go talk to his dragon about how they are going to burn the world to a cinder if things don't go their way. Meanwhile, Aegon II is busy raping chambermaids, drinking wine, and just laying in bed all day. I suspect that one of these two is going to be valuable in the coming war... the other, not so much.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure we have seen Jace and Luke (Rhaenyra's sons) do much of anything. Were we supposed to think that Luke had done something offensive to set Aemond off at the dinner table? It seemed like maybe Luke was laughing about the missing eye.

Not sure I liked Alicent being confused over Viserys' final words about A Song of Ice and Fire and thinking it means Viserys wants Aegon to be on the throne. I still think Otto's words several episodes ago about how Alicent either helps Aegon take the throne or Aegon will be killed by Rhaenyra hold true. I suppose Alicent is going to tell everyone that Viserys had a last second change of heart, but if they are going to do that it would have been better if someone else had been there to also hear Viserys' final words.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Really loved how much of a badass they have made Aemond. You get the impression he spends every day in the gym (or some medieval version of one) and practicing his sword-fighting. If he takes a break, it is probably to go talk to his dragon about how they are going to burn the world to a cinder if things don't go their way. Meanwhile, Aegon II is busy raping chambermaids, drinking wine, and just laying in bed all day. I suspect that one of these two is going to be valuable in the coming war... the other, not so much.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure we have seen Jace and Luke (Rhaenyra's sons) do much of anything. Were we supposed to think that Luke had done something offensive to set Aemond off at the dinner table? It seemed like maybe Luke was laughing about the missing eye.

Not sure I liked Alicent being confused over Viserys' final words about A Song of Ice and Fire and thinking it means Viserys wants Aegon to be on the throne. I still think Otto's words several episodes ago about how Alicent either helps Aegon take the throne or Aegon will be killed by Rhaenyra hold true. I suppose Alicent is going to tell everyone that Viserys had a last second change of heart, but if they are going to do that it would have been better if someone else had been there to also hear Viserys' final words.
    He started laughing when the pig was placed in front of Aemond. It was a reference to the prank the kids (Aegon, Luke, Jace) played on Aemond by dressing the pig up and calling it a dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    He started laughing when the pig was placed in front of Aemond. It was a reference to the prank the kids (Aegon, Luke, Jace) played on Aemond by dressing the pig up and calling it a dragon.
    Ahhh, yes. That joke they all played on him six years ago which really has not mattered at all since Aemond got control of the biggest dragon around. Yup, that is what caused the peace to be broken and these two families to go to war. Gotcha.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?