Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I haven't seen Rebels, uncertain if I want to invest the time. Kenobi beating Vader helped address the issue that I run into with Marvel at times, some characters become so outsized in their power relative to others it is laughable. The TV show Heroes was a good example of this happening.

I just started watching a week ago and finished last night. Overall fairly disappointed by the entire show.

Writing, directing, editing, cinematography all felt sub-par. Ewan McGregor was one of the few bright spots.

So much of what happened just didn't really make sense, or felt rushed, as if we just need to get from A to B to C to D fairly quickly and they didn't really care that much how it happened or how it looked in doing so. Or what continuity got wrecked in the process.

For such an important piece of IP, is sure seemed Disney threw a C-team at this instead of an A-team, knowing that people would eat it up anyway and keep them hooked on their subscription.

Disclaimer: I have seen all 9 movies (original 3 a million times) plus Rogue One and Solo, and watched both seasons of The Mandalorian, but that's it. Haven't seen Rebels, Clone Wars, Boba Fett, or anything else. Oh, and I saw part of either Ewok Adventure or Battle for Endor at a friend's house growing up.
    A text without a context is a pretext.

In a vacuum I really enjoyed the episode. But my main issue with the series continues to be that this feels shoe-horned in and breaks the flow of the movies. "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars saved me from inquisitors". There are so many others stories they could have told that would not have messed with what already works.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    In a vacuum I really enjoyed the episode. But my main issue with the series continues to be that this feels shoe-horned in and breaks the flow of the movies. "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars saved me from inquisitors". There are so many others stories they could have told that would not have messed with what already works.
    Yeah, it’s good as a stand-alone but you can’t really think too much about how it meshes with New Hope.