Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Did I miss a couple?
    Five, seven, twelve. These series all get pretty repetitive to me tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Maybe. I fall back on a broader trope: secondary characters die easily, main character somehow struggle through against all odds.

But again, I thought this was perhaps the best episode of the seven so far. I guess I’m just saying that I’m not surprised that the Third Sister lives on. It did not diminish the episode for me, it just seemed typical.
    Oh, I meant to mention the other more simple explanation - villains always live. The Voorhees explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    That was a great episode... but it also should have been the last one. Vader shouldn't have left Reva alive, Obi-Wan shouldn't have randomly dropped the message thing, and Bail shouldn't have sent it in the first place. Add some final scene of delivering Leia back to her parents with a hopeful message and call it a series.
    The force must be strong with you since apparently you already know what Episode 6 has to offer. I will wait to pass judgment until I actually watch the series finale.

Enjoyed the last episode. Happy to discuss when others have watched

That was a great episode... but it also should have been the last one. Vader shouldn't have left Reva alive, Obi-Wan shouldn't have randomly dropped the message thing, and Bail shouldn't have sent it in the first place. Add some final scene of delivering Leia back to her parents with a hopeful message and call it a series.
    After watching the finale…….this ended up being a really bad take. IMO

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Oooooohhhhhhhh that was SO good! The show went from a middling start to easily a couple of the most powerful moments in Star Wars canon.

The duel, and the specifically the end of it, was some great story telling.

Also, I was wondering when I read about how Liam Neeson was stressing he'd never be on the small screen (other than through voice). So while that wasn't a complete surprise, it was a very nice touch.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

{non-ironic slow clap}

The last two episodes were excellent, and an enjoyable series overall. Greatly exceeded my expectations in whole.

Definitely a nice way to cap this little vignette. I guess the 3rd time is the charm for Vader?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Some followers of this thread haven't seen Rebels, but I know I wasn't alone in enjoying the parallel of Obi Wan slicing open Vader's mask, having seen it before.

In her duel with her old master, Ahsoka Tano also removed a revealing chunk of it with her light saber. It was immediately after that she knew Vader was Anakin.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Some followers of this thread haven't seen Rebels, but I know I wasn't alone in enjoying the parallel of Obi Wan slicing open Vader's mask, having seen it before.

In her duel with her old master, Ahsoka Tano also removed a revealing chunk of it with her light saber. It was immediately after that she knew Vader was Anakin.
    See, I kind of felt the opposite. There were so many borrowed lines in that sequence (like lifted word for word with the same delivery). I would have liked this confrontation with Vader to stand on it's own a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    See, I kind of felt the opposite. There were so many borrowed lines in that sequence (like lifted word for word with the same delivery). I would have liked this confrontation with Vader to stand on it's own a little more.
    I've got no doubt that the powers that be know how strong that first moment was, and also know that most viewers haven't seen it. So they brought it to live action. I get where you are coming from, but for me it was still potent. Also, there's a difference. Obi-Wan had truly beaten Vader down.
    Thus another powerful line now in canon "Goodbye, Darth".

In Rebels, Vader went total Sith and as far as viewers knew had killed Ahsoka. It wasn't until later on that Ezra Bridger came to her magical rescue and literally snatched her from the jaws of defeat.

Having not seen Rebels, I thought it was great.

Not sure if that puts me in the majority or minority, but guessing the former.

I've got no doubt that the powers that be know how strong that first moment was, and also know that most viewers haven't seen it. So they brought it to live action. I get where you are coming from, but for me it was still potent.
    I mean I get that, and if it was just that line I wouldn't have batted an eye but they also lifted lines word for word from Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope (maybe some other places? I wasn't making a list) and that was just that one interaction. It was just too much all at once for me.

Having not seen Rebels, I thought it was great.

Not sure if that puts me in the majority or minority, but guessing the former.
    Now that it's over, and you have some time to spare before the next SW pops up, I'd strongly recommend tuning into Rebels. It's easily some of the best story telling in a galaxy far, far away.

One reason for the recommendation is that the Mandalorian world is quickly drawing towards bringing in Grand Admiral Thrawn, who is brilliantly voiced by Mads Mikkelsen. Between Mando and the upcoming Ahsoka series, the story they are telling is a continuation of what Rebels started. Literally, picking up from points here and there but very much so from the last Rebels episode. (Which I won't spoil, but it's one of the best conclusions to a show that you will find ever.)

Plus, along the way you get lots of Darth Maul, and even some Obi-Wan.

Now that it's over, and you have some time to spare before the next SW pops up, I'd strongly recommend tuning into Rebels. It's easily some of the best story telling in a galaxy far, far away.

One reason for the recommendation is that the Mandalorian world is quickly drawing towards bringing in Grand Admiral Thrawn, who is brilliantly voiced by Mads Mikkelsen. Between Mando and the upcoming Ahsoka series, the story they are telling is a continuation of what Rebels started. Literally, picking up from points here and there but very much so from the last Rebels episode. (Which I won't spoil, but it's one of the best conclusions to a show that you will find ever.)

Plus, along the way you get lots of Darth Maul, why he's still even alive, and even some Obi-Wan.
    Thanks! Will check it out.

Thanks! Will check it out.
    PS...I edited my comment after you quoted. "Why he's still alive" for Maul is played out in the latter seasons of Clone Wars. Which is also really good viewing, but it took time to develop. Rebels was great out of the box.
    And Clone Wars did ultimately also have a truly powerful ending, but it never would have happened without the existence of Rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    After watching the finale…….this ended up being a really bad take. IMO
    Nah, I stand by it. Leaving Reva alive was not in character, she should have been executed to draw a distinction between Vader and the good guys who show mercy to defeated enemies. Although I enjoyed the show and the duel, I don't like how Star Wars has done a great job making Vader seem terrifying against no-name extras but make him lose all the actually important fights and turn out to not do such a good job of hunting down and executing Jedi.

Tangential, but the core problem that plagues all these Star Wars projects is fundamentally the same to me. Kenobi wanted to include scenes on Alderaan, Tatooine, Coruscant, Mustafar, and wanted to have or reference Leia, Luke, Owen and Beru (loved that they put up a fight in the finale), Vader, Padme, Qui-Gon, R2D2, and C3PO. Notice that there's a large set of planets and characters missing there that no one wants to touch because they're all so embarrassed about it, so the overall Star Wars story never gets propelled forward as a result.

Despite that, I enjoyed Kenobi overall and am glad we got to see Ewan in that role again.

Plus, along the way you get lots of Darth Maul, and even some Obi-Wan.
    I’ll second everything in this post.

With that said, Do Not (Under any circumstances), watch Resistance.

Nah, I stand by it. Leaving Reva alive was not in character, she should have been executed to draw a distinction between Vader and the good guys who show mercy to defeated enemies.
    I believe she was kept alive to show that Anakin is still in there and can show little flashes of light sometimes. A foreshadowing of sorts to the ending of Return of the Jedi. Anakin is still alive inside that robotic body, as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I believe she was kept alive to show that Anakin is still in there and can show little flashes of light sometimes. A foreshadowing of sorts to the ending of Return of the Jedi. Anakin is still alive inside that robotic body, as we know.
    And then that light is squashed in the next episode.

One thing I like with the sequel trilogy and the Obi Wan series - the use of red and blue lighting. Very cool.