Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Thanks for the info!

I’d add Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Keanu Reeves, Sean Connery, and Nick Cage if we’re limiting to male actors. Brando and DeNiro obviously too.
    I'd toss in Mel Gibson. Even though I loathe him as a person, he gave us the Mad Max franchise, the Lethal Weapon franchise, The Patriot and Braveheart and a bunch of other bloody figures from history franchise...plus, wait for it...
    Maverick!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'd toss in Mel Gibson. Even though I loathe him as a person, he gave us the Mad Max franchise, the Lethal Weapon franchise, The Patriot and Braveheart and a bunch of other bloody figures from history franchise...plus, wait for it...
    Maverick!
    I’m gonna go head and preemptively veto Al Pacino. I’d take Gene Hackman over him in a heartbeat.

Maverick!
    Johnny Depp
    Leo
    The Rock
    Vin Diesel (only because of the FF behemoth)

Just saw the trailer for MI - Dead Reckoning PT 1... I am wondering if these two movies and Maverick are the final chapter of his career. Certainly feels like he's putting a bookend out there, if he wanted to retire and sleep on his giant piles of money. He'll be 62 when MI PT 2 comes out, and certainly actors have been active much older than that, but acting takes a toll on his body that isn't matched by many.

Just wondering out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It depends on the contract signed by the actor. In some cases they merely get a flat fee, in others they get a cut of the take from ticket sales, and others will get a piece of the streaming or TV/DVD rights as well. I strongly suspect that an superstar like Tom Cruise (an argument could be made that he is among the most successful and bankable actors in Hollywood history) will get a piece of everything.

But, even if he did not, one could argue that any way you see the movie, you are contributing to his overall success. Lets say he did not get a penny of streaming revenues... if they movie turned into a hit in the streaming world, that would absolutely allow Cruise to demand more money in future films that would also be expected to be a streaming success due to his presence.

-Jason "anyone want to discuss/debate the most successful actors of our lifetimes? I'm not talking only awards, I am talking about making money from their films over many, many years. Let's try this on for an initial list: Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford, Tom Hanks, Robert Redford, Will Smith, Bruce Willis, and Denzel Washington**" Evans

** - And don't come back at me with RDJr or Samuel L Jackson just because they were in a bunch of Star Was or Marvel movies. I'm talking multiple franchises and bankability in something that is not already established IP.

For consideration as well: Brad Pitt, Kevin Costner, Keanu Reeves
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Just saw the trailer for MI - Dead Reckoning PT 1... I am wondering if these two movies and Maverick are the final chapter of his career. Certainly feels like he's putting a bookend out there, if he wanted to retire and sleep on his giant piles of money. He'll be 62 when MI PT 2 comes out, and certainly actors have been active much older than that, but acting takes a toll on his body that isn't matched by many.

Just wondering out loud.
    Nope...he's still got another 20 years to make "The LAST Last Samurai" and "Risky Retirement".
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Nope...he's still got another 20 years to make "The LAST Last Samurai" and "Risky Retirement".
    I shall refrain from making a joke about The Firm and a potential late-life sequel. See how good I am at restraint?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I shall refrain from making a joke about The Firm and a potential late-life sequel. See how good I am at restraint?
    I would absolutely watch a sequel to Cocktail about an aging, down-on-his-luck bartender slinging rum drinks on an island looking for one last shot at fame and a wealthy sugar mama in the big city.

It depends on the contract signed by the actor. In some cases they merely get a flat fee, in others they get a cut of the take from ticket sales, and others will get a piece of the streaming or TV/DVD rights as well. I strongly suspect that an superstar like Tom Cruise (an argument could be made that he is among the most successful and bankable actors in Hollywood history) will get a piece of everything.

But, even if he did not, one could argue that any way you see the movie, you are contributing to his overall success. Lets say he did not get a penny of streaming revenues... if they movie turned into a hit in the streaming world, that would absolutely allow Cruise to demand more money in future films that would also be expected to be a streaming success due to his presence.

-Jason "anyone want to discuss/debate the most successful actors of our lifetimes? I'm not talking only awards, I am talking about making money from their films over many, many years. Let's try this on for an initial list: Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford, Tom Hanks, Robert Redford, Will Smith, Bruce Willis, and Denzel Washington**" Evans

** - And don't come back at me with RDJr or Samuel L Jackson just because they were in a bunch of Star Was or Marvel movies. I'm talking multiple franchises and bankability in something that is not already established IP.

Nicholson?

--Back to Cruise for a second. Isn't he producing/putting some of his own money up on these movies? Part of the reason he got so angry on the set of MI during covid. Point being, he is collecting money every which way.

Also --- Adam Sandler. Sad but true.

So...which came first, the Marvel comic book movie success or RDJr in a Marvel comic book movie?

Tom Cruise, who ain't gonna come sit on a late night TV show couch and answer mundane questions, did the next best thing...

He took James Cordon up in a jet and spun him around in circles.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Saw it tonight in IMAX at the early access screening. I loved it and can’t wait to see it again Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    Saw it tonight in IMAX at the early access screening. I loved it and can’t wait to see it again Thursday.
    Was the theater crowded?

Maverick!
    My mother imlaw made a lot of the curtains and things for the Patriot.
    We went to the sets several tines .ofcourse its not daily life .
    But mr Gibson was gracious and curtious around us .she did get upset that some of it was burned in a scene .bruce willis probably the nicest actor ive been around .

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    My mother imlaw made a lot of the curtains and things for the Patriot.
    We went to the sets several tines .ofcourse its not daily life .
    But mr Gibson was gracious and curtious around us .she did get upset that some of it was burned in a scene .bruce willis probably the nicest actor ive been around .
    You're familiar with it of course, but earlier this spring was the first time I'd visited the Cypress Gardens. It was very interesting hearing how the landscape had been changed for the making of that movie.

You're familiar with it of course, but earlier this spring was the first time I'd visited the Cypress Gardens. It was very interesting hearing how the landscape had been changed for the making of that movie.
    Unfortunately my lab has a habbit of swimming across the river to visit people over there. How a gator hasnt ate him sheer luck.
    Hwy 61 is a nice scenic road .
    Colonial dorchester is not far from there its a cuople of dollars to get in
    .it might Interest you .old ruins tabby walls still there . Nice place to walk around and see a few things .
    Theres a park by bacons bridge that has opened up aswell. I hear they have kayack tours .
    If you get the chance seeing the homes from the ashley is a really nice trip.
    If a kayack isn't for you .may be a few charters that run not sure about that though.

Quote Originally Posted by J4Kop99 View Post
    Was the theater crowded?
    It was sold out.

Mrs. JV and I have our tickets for tomorrow. Looking forward to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    It was sold out.
    This is shaping up to be Cruise's biggest opening weekend of all time. Which is shocking. That currently sits with War of the Worlds at $64m. Estimates I've seen project this anywhere from $80-$130m opening weekend. Holiday weekend helps as I think Monday would technically count?