Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Congrats to the winner and thanks for sagerouse for keeping me from coming in last. Appreciate the work to do all the math and post the winners, etc. Adds a little bit of fun to the golf.

I really feel for Mito. What an incredible way to lose a tournament. I feel like Mito lost more than JT won. I also feel like Will had so many chances to take this tournament on Sunday and just couldn't cash in on them. Add me to the list of people that enjoyed the Tiger-free coverage on Saturday (go the field).
    Well, Scottie Scheffler and Patrick Cantlay were my two key players and have been very steady, if not brilliant, in past majors. With their rapid demise, my team was toast.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Well, Scottie Scheffler and Patrick Cantlay were my two key players and have been very steady, if not brilliant, in past majors. With their rapid demise, my team was toast.
    Scheffler killed me too. Up until this past weekend, he had never finished worse than T19 in a major since turning pro, and was coming off 4 straight major top 10s. So while I may not have expected him to win a second consecutive major, I did think he was a safe bet to earn $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Yeah, Scheffler and Brooksie dragged me down. My own fault (the Brooks pick), I was late getting my entry in and didn't do my homework. So I picked Scheffler because he was hot, a couple of guys I just really like, and Brooks because of his past performances in majors.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Yeah, Scheffler and Brooksie dragged me down. My own fault (the Brooks pick), I was late getting my entry in and didn't do my homework. So I picked Scheffler because he was hot, a couple of guys I just really like, and Brooks because of his past performances in majors.
    On my scratch paper for my picks, I had made solid choices for all but two spots. Those two spots had two players I was having a hard time deciding between.

On the high end there was the spot that I had decided should either go to Speith or to JT. On the slightly lower end there was a spot wherein I had written two names: Finau and Koepka.

I don't like JT, and I don't like Koepka. I'm a huge Finau fan, and have put him on almost every team since this contest started. My original pick for that slot was Finau.

So, as I'm thinking through those two choices, I decided that there was no reason not to put a player on my team just because I didn't like him, so I decided to put either JT or Koepka on my team (couldn't see picking TWO guys I don't like). Since Speith played so well last week, I scratched out JT and put Speith on my team. Since I had decided on Speith, I went with Koepka, so I could prove to myself that I could put a guy I don't like on my team.

JT wins the tournament, of course, just like I predicted the day I posted my picks. Finau didn't threaten to win, but he certainly did a lot better than Koepka did.

All ya'll who picked JT, you can thank me. Pretty sure had I chosen him for my team, Speith would've won the tournament.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Thanks to mkirsh for running this. I was going to pick Zolatoris but went a different direction.