Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Paolo =/= Mahomes

    My phone lit up when this happened, from the Miami F1 race:

    "Uh oh...
    Haha, now Brundle had a full conversation with who he thought with Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

    He was actually talking to basketball teenage star Paolo Banchero. Brundle's wearing a wonderful colourful shirt and having loads of unashamedly awkward conversations with random people.

    To be fair, I'd watch this all day if it were a 24-hour news channel."
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  2. #2

    Came here to post about this

    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    My phone lit up when this happened, from the Miami F1 race:

    "Uh oh...
    Haha, now Brundle had a full conversation with who he thought with Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

    He was actually talking to basketball teenage star Paolo Banchero. Brundle's wearing a wonderful colourful shirt and having loads of unashamedly awkward conversations with random people.

    To be fair, I'd watch this all day if it were a 24-hour news channel."
    Pretty funny

    Clip here: https://twitter.com/TedBuddy8/status...79590638362625
    Screenshot 2022-05-08 163410.jpg

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    My phone lit up when this happened, from the Miami F1 race:

    "Uh oh...
    Haha, now Brundle had a full conversation with who he thought with Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

    He was actually talking to basketball teenage star Paolo Banchero. Brundle's wearing a wonderful colourful shirt and having loads of unashamedly awkward conversations with random people.

    To be fair, I'd watch this all day if it were a 24-hour news channel."
    Was Paolo with Mark Williams? I saw on P’s Instagram on Friday that he was headed to Miami. And I think Mark and Wendell are working out for the draft in Miami, although I don’t know if they’re working out together. They have both posted pictures from the Heat playoff games. And today, Mark posted pictures from the race.

  4. #4
    "Whatevaah"
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  5. #5

    Paolo =/= Mahomes

    Formula 1 raced in Miami today. For those unfamiliar, a big part of F1 coverage is former driver Martin Brundle doing his "grid walk," where he roams around the track looking for people to spontaneously interview. Many big names from the sporting world were there, including Paolo, which led to this great exchange where Brundle thought he was interviewing Patrick Mahomes.

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1523379590638362625

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    I always thought Paolo looked a little bit like Mahomes. Clearly a difference in size, but they’re both big. Looks like others have been getting a friendly laugh about it on Twitter, and Mahomes himself even commented on Paolo’s tweet linking the exchange.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North of Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I always thought Paolo looked a little bit like Mahomes. Clearly a difference in size, but they’re both big. Looks like others have been getting a friendly laugh about it on Twitter, and Mahomes himself even commented on Paolo’s tweet linking the exchange.
    Paolo also has a younger brother who looks a lot like him - I saw him at the Final Four and double took. If I recall he is currently shorter than Mahomes, but given his genes, that might not last for long.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Apparently he also passed by Dwayne Wade a few times...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Apparently he also passed by Dwayne Wade a few times...
    He did, I kept yelling at the tv.

    To Brundle's credit that pit walk was nuts. Much more crowded than any I've ever seen.

    I think Paolo took it all in stride and was courteous.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This simply beckons for Paolo to haggle over the Patrick Price in a State Farm commercial.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    From Mark Williams' insta--

    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

Similar Threads

  1. We Need Paolo to play as well as Jabari Smith and Holmgren to win it all
    By DukeTrinity11 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-24-2022, 09:58 PM
  2. New Paolo Article 538
    By ClemmonsDevil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-06-2021, 11:59 PM
  3. Terrific Article on Paolo Banchero
    By tommy in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2021, 02:06 PM
  4. Paolo Banchero interview
    By Lord Ash in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2020, 10:55 AM
  5. DBR Podcast #225 - Paolo Banchero commits!
    By blazindw in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2020, 11:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •