Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    tl;dr DM jumbo
    Doesn't he have more important things to do, like preparing for the start of his first season as Duke's new basketball coach?

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Doesn't he have more important things to do, like preparing for the start of his first season as Duke's new basketball coach?
    Shhhh, no one is supposed to know that.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Shhhh, no one is supposed to know that.
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Doesn't he have more important things to do, like preparing for the start of his first season as Duke's new basketball coach?
    I prepared weeks ago.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Like many of you, I have gotten a laugh out of some of the posts in this thread, but I do want to add that I think it was really bad form by Skydog to call out the mod team as he did. He says he PM'd one moderator and when he did not get a timely response, he threw us all under the bus by starting this thread. Admittedly, the content of his initial post in the thread wasn't all that accusatory but to title the thread "Heavy Handed Moderating" is a slap in the face at the efforts we all put in to maintaining a civil forum with thoughtful discourse... a job for which we are not compensated and which takes a great deal of time.

    In an effort to make this post more than just a "grrrrr, I'm mad at you, Skydog" post, I will attempt to educate folks about other ways he could have handled the situation. So, what could Skydog have done short of starting a new thread that accuses the mod team of being unfair and heavy handed?

    1) Send another PM to the mod in question -- repeated PMs/emails may do a better job of getting our attention

    2) Contact one of more of the other mods -- at the bottom of the EK and Off-Topic page, just under the last thread shown on that page, is a list of the names of every moderator. It looks like this:


    3) Report a post -- Any time you report a post, a note is sent to the entire mod community. If you want to communicate with all the mods, simply hit the report post button (looks like a referee whistle) and we will see it.

    There, I hope that helps all of you to handle this better next time. Now, back to discussing the awful things that give Roman Roy pleasure.
    As we all know texts and posts can come across more harshly than intended. It is clear that happened in my post. I wasnít talking about moderating in general, I was saying I thought that shutting down the vehicle accidents thread was maybe overkill. Sorry if I offended anyone.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    As we all know texts and posts can come across more harshly than intended. It is clear that happened in my post. I wasnít talking about moderating in general, I was saying I thought that shutting down the vehicle accidents thread was maybe overkill. Sorry if I offended anyone.
    Other than the Springsteen and Dylan lyrics, Iíve understood almost nothing on this thread. Yet, for sone reason, I really enjoyed reading it.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Other than the Springsteen and Dylan lyrics, Iíve understood almost nothing on this thread. Yet, for sone reason, I really enjoyed reading it.
    Total Connor.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Total Connor.
    Sarah Connor?

  9. #49

Similar Threads

  1. Left or right handed or both?
    By knights68 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-28-2007, 04:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •