View Poll Results: List the Top 5 2022 Summer Movies by US Box Office

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 6)

29 93.55%
  • The Bob's Burger Movies (May 27)

0 0%
  • Top Gun: Maverick (May 27)

18 58.06%
  • Jurassic World Dominion (June 10)

27 87.10%
  • Lightyear (June 17)

25 80.65%
  • Elvis (June 24)

1 3.23%
  • The Black Phone (June 24)

1 3.23%
  • Minions: The Rise of Gru (July 1)

14 45.16%
  • Thor: Love and Thunder (July 8)

30 96.77%
  • Paws of Fury (July 15)

1 3.23%
  • Nope (July 22)

3 9.68%
  • Bullet Train (July 29)

1 3.23%
  • DC League of Super Pets (July 29)

0 0%
  • Bodies, Bodies, Bodies (Aug 5)

0 0%
  • Other (Put your pick in Comments)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    What an amazing opportunity! Report back after the flight. I’d love to hear how it goes. Hope you have a great time.
    Ive been in a T 6 . I hear the p51 is a different animal .im hoping it will go well .im working my way up to a L39 flight .
    Im not sure how much i can take . A lot of G related body stress .the t 6 took me by surprise . I have dropped near 60 pounds to do this one.
    Im a bit nervous going from 200 plus to 400 + mph machine .
    We really didnt do but 4 or5 G give or take.so the pilot said.
    The p51 is capable of more .i guess itll depend on how hard he pushes it.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    For folks who want to read it, my 100-word review of Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is up: https://flixchat.blogspot.com/2022/0...r-strange.html

"Marvel, please keep hiring visionary directors and let them make whatever they want."
    If only we could have Nora Ephron's take on the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    If only we could have Nora Ephron's take on the MCU.
    I mean, both Iron Man 3 and Captain Marvel had some of the comedic, male-female relationship stuff that characterized an Ephron film. I think she would have done some fun things with a Fantastic Four flick where the focus was on the relationship between Reed Richards and Sue Storm. Sadly, Nora died in 2012 so it won't be happening. Maybe we get a Nancy Meyers MCU film instead?

There should be room for various styles and themes in the MCU. That is how to keep it fresh and fun.

I'd really love to see the result if a truly weird director got an MCU assignment... who would not want to see what would happen if Robert Eggers, David Cronenberg, or Alex Garland got a hold of the MCU?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Want to see Dr. Strange 2 today?

The AMC Empire in New York may have a showtime that works for you.

This is not photoshopped:

-Jason "I'm sorry, but the 7:05pm showing is sold out... we do have seats for the 7:15pm showing, can you wait that long?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

No spoilers beyond the very basic plot. I don't mention anything that isn't shown in the first 20 minutes of the film. The trailers have revealed more than I do.

But I get it. It is a fun movie to see without knowing what is happening and I recommend not getting spoiled.
    I stopped reading, but I saw a bit about America Chavez and her connection, and I didn't want to take a chance

I forgot about Ragnorak, but by then the movies were really crossover Avenger films. That one had Hulk. The 2nd and 3rd Thor stand-alone films didn’t do as well. That’s what I meant. But yeah, I’m probably going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    I forgot about Ragnorak, but by then the movies were really crossover Avenger films. That one had Hulk. The 2nd and 3rd Thor stand-alone films didn’t do as well. That’s what I meant. But yeah, I’m probably going to lose.
    The third Thor film is Ragnarok. The only bad Thor film is The Dark World. Just a dumb plot and Natalie Portman wasn’t great, IMO.

I’ll go out on a limb and predict Love and Thunder will get better ratings than Multiverse of Madness. Not sure it will beat it in the money department but I bet it’s better

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    The third Thor film is Ragnarok. The only bad Thor film is The Dark World. Just a dumb plot and Natalie Portman wasn’t great, IMO.

I’ll go out on a limb and predict Love and Thunder will get better ratings than Multiverse of Madness. Not sure it will beat it in the money department but I bet it’s better

I think it beats it in both departments. I'm nervous about the "horror" aspect of Multiverse, and that it might push some potential viewers away.

I'm hearing Strange is going to be right at $200 mil in its opening weekend. 2 people in our poll did not vote for it.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm hearing Strange is going to be right at $200 mil in its opening weekend. 2 people in our poll did not vote for it.
    Well if yer gonna lose, might as well get it over with quickly.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

So, we'll have 18 people go 5 for 5???

Same here...but I'll be honest, I'll be happy to lose based on your comment.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    To be fair, it likely wasn't hard to make a better sequel than the original, that one is officially Rotten on RT. However, the true test will be in 20 years, and to see if it's become as iconic as the first one. (Each of the movies you mentioned did, for sure.)

(Also, I bet if the original was wiped from everyone's minds and reviewed again "for the first time" it would score way higher.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    To be fair, it likely wasn't hard to make a better sequel than the original, that one is officially Rotten on RT. However, the true test will be in 20 years, and to see if it's become as iconic as the first one. (Each of the movies you mentioned did, for sure.)
    Mod, we need a ban, please! Tarnishing my childhood like this must not be tolerated!

AUDIENCE SCORE
    83%

No offense to Jason, but critics watch a movie for far different reasons than the general movie going crowds. While I can appreciate the art and craftsmanship required to make a movie, all I really care about is being entertained. The original Top Gun entertained, which is why audiences love it.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

(Also, I bet if the original was wiped from everyone's minds and reviewed again "for the first time" it would score way higher.)
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Easy there, you’re getting awfully close to the danger zone!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa! Easy there, you’re getting awfully close to the danger zone!
    Don't shoot the messenger! I'm just passing along facts. I of course will watch it anytime it's on TV. (And poor Goose, dies every time.)

The critics love the sequel. Rotten Tomatoes currently has TG:Maverick at 100% with 41 total reviews. I am sure there will be a few curmudgeons who keep it from remaining perfect, but I would predict a RT score next week in the mid-90s.

I'll have my eagerly anticipated 100 word review on Monday or Tuesday.

The critics love the sequel. Rotten Tomatoes currently has TG:Maverick at 100% with 41 total reviews. I am sure there will be a few curmudgeons who keep it from remaining perfect, but I would predict a RT score next week in the mid-90s.

I'll have my eagerly anticipated 100 word review on Monday or Tuesday.
    How is this even possible? The ad makes it look like it is just Top Gun, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    How is this even possible? The ad makes it look like it is just Top Gun, again.
    Keep in mind that a 90% RT score doesn't mean that all of the critics believe the movie is a 90/100 or better. It simply means that 90% of the critics believed the movie was a 70/100 or better.